Diego DONE DEAL(read posts #1 & #4786) (54 Viewers)

Who deserves credit for this signing?

• Secco

• Blanc

• Badass Devil

• Moggi

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

LEC

Sep 6, 2002
I know you are at least half joking, but I do have my concerns about Diego.

He is a good player, but I'm not a big fan of trequartista based formations because it results in the team becoming extremely reliant on that one player to perform week in week out.
imo hes more than a good player already, we will love him all believe me. maybe he can play also on the left side, like nedved did bc in fact it was also not neddys position(incl nationalteam) before Juventus - but he became one of the greatest LM ever.
imo best if we keep ur juve-system :agree:

Thunderball

May 4, 2007
Ranieri won't stay.

Pretty much my opinion too. There's no way he's safe after all the meetings and uproar. I suspect the reason Buffon stated that he's staying, especially after discussions with Elkann (if that isn't a big hint) and Blanc, is because in those discussions it was disclosed to him that there would be a new coach, and new outlook next season.

Thing is, they don't want to forfeit the last three games by having either a confirmed lameduck coach, or a caretaker coach. Nor do they want to parachute someone in half-cocked. They may not have their man yet, and frankly, all the rumored names have big question marks too. They may want to see who gets booted from other clubs before making a call.

Hence, the statements that neither commit to Ranieri, or outright dismiss him.

He's done. He pretty obviously pissed off the ownership, his players, and probably even the management.

To bring it back to Diego, its totally clear he's not a Ranieri player. Ranieri wouldn't change his formation for Giovinco, its doubtful he would for Diego. Everyone is just being professional.

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
Dec 16, 2003
I sent Diego SMS today because I felt that I needed someone by my-side after I found out that Badass deleted me from his Facebook. Here's what I wrote to Diego..

"Good evening sunshine, I hear tomorrow you're going to be officially represented in Turin as Juventus player. Finally. I have a problem and therefore I have no one to rely on but you...I'm asking you kindly to ask badass to reconsider me as a friend of him and add me again on Facebook. I know he's the rope between you and Moggi, therefore please ask him to reconsider me"

LEC

Sep 6, 2002
I sent Diego SMS today because I felt that I needed someone by my-side after I found out that Badass deleted me from his Facebook. Here's what I wrote to Diego..

"Good evening sunshine, I hear tomorrow you're going to be officially represented in Turin as Juventus player. Finally. I have a problem and therefore I have no one to rely on but you...I'm asking you kindly to ask badass to reconsider me as a friend of him and add me again on Facebook. I know he's the rope between you and Moggi, therefore please ask him to reconsider me"
:lol:

Bisco

Nov 21, 2005

Zé Tahir

JhoolayLaaaal!
Dec 10, 2004

:lol2:

Fred

Oct 2, 2003

Jim_Boi

Oct 7, 2007

Oggy

and the Cockroaches
Dec 27, 2005
It's good that we finally manged to sign someone who we wanted from the beggining. Secco did good job it seems.

Still I have doubts over Diego, somehow I'm afraid that he will choke/underperform call it whatever you want. Plus we all have big expectations from him like he's gonna be our saviour in midfield. I really hope that I'm wrong and that Diego will provide us some great stuff.

Nicholas

MIRKO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Jan 30, 2008
It's good that we finally manged to sign someone who we wanted from the beggining. Secco did good job it seems.

Still I have doubts over Diego, somehow I'm afraid that he will choke/underperform call it whatever you want. Plus we all have big expectations from him like he's gonna be our saviour in midfield. I really hope that I'm wrong and that Diego will provide us some great stuff.
There is a risk for everything. We have found the solution to our creativity problems and Diego on his day is arguably the one of the most creative players in the game.

Marc

Softcore Juventino
Jul 14, 2006
imo hes more than a good player already, we will love him all believe me. maybe he can play also on the left side, like nedved did bc in fact it was also not neddys position(incl nationalteam) before Juventus - but he became one of the greatest LM ever.
imo best if we keep ur juve-system :agree:
Not true. Nedved played on the left at Lazio. He always could play on the left side. I also have my reservations on Diego. We will see. I actually agree with Juve Red. I don't like formations based on trequartistas.

v1rtu4l

Mar 4, 2008
yes, a formation with a trequartista is very prone to be countered with two players marking the playmaker out of the game (which did work in the bundesliga quiet a few times)

another question mark is over his temper ... strangling players might not make you many fans especially in the referees edge ... so if he starts such billshit early hear, referees will dislike him and so he will be far less protected than kaka for example. that will make it easier for our opponents to negate diegos impact through kicking the shit out of him

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 49)