Diego DONE DEAL(read posts #1 & #4786) (83 Viewers)

Who deserves credit for this signing?

• Secco

• Blanc

• Badass Devil

• Moggi

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Apr 17, 2009
Diego rejects Bayern
Monday 11 May, 2009

Werder Bremen No 10 Diego has snubbed German champions Bayern Munich and now looks set to sign for Juventus.

The 24-year-old has been courted by the Bianconeri over the last 18 months and remains their No 1 transfer target this summer.

Bayern had lined up Diego as a replacement for Franck Ribery, who is expected to leave for either Barcelona or Manchester United.

However, the German Press believe Bayern have given up on the Brazil international and are now turning their attention to Alexander Hleb.

Juventus have pulled out all the stops to make Diego feel wanted, reportedly flying out to Bremen on several occasions.

Director of sport Alessio Secco is an admirer of his versatility and feels he could play in several different systems.

That's just as well, considering the Bianconeri could change their trainer between now and next season.

Diego has enjoyed an excellent season for Werder, inspiring them to a UEFA Cup Final that he will sadly miss through suspension.

The former Santos youngster has scored 18 goals in 32 games in all competitions for Werder this season.

http://www.channel4.com/sport/football_italia/may11i.html

So I guess it's official?

OP

Mark

The Informer
Administrator
Dec 19, 2003
  • Thread Starter #2,974
    You see how much he wants to play for us? He even got himself a muscle problem to prove it. :D

Nenz

Apr 17, 2008
    Well he cant say that, anything other than that till Ranieri is with us.
    He could have just said "I want to play for Juve" and not mention Ranieri.

That is a really terrible thing to say (by diego) because Secco will do anything to get him including signing Ranieri.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 81)