Diego DONE DEAL(read posts #1 & #4786) (72 Viewers)

Who deserves credit for this signing?

• Secco

• Blanc

• Badass Devil

• Moggi

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
The way I see it, if there really is that 11m dollar release clause (Article 17) then Bremen really don't have a position to deal with us anymore than what we want to offer. If we wanted we could just use Article 17 whether Cobogli said he wouldn't shouldnt matter at this point, we need to be cut throat on the transfer market. Get the players, never mind this gentleman's clause they speak up amongst the big clubs.

Take our offer Bremen, or accept the Article 17 fee...
And then imagine Werder produces another great player in 5 years. They will certainly negotiate with us, right?

None of the big teams does that. Milan could have bought Ronaldinho for much less if Ronaldinho used article 17, but a deal is a deal. If we buy a player who used the article 17 then no club will do business with us. We'll be isolated.

And it's not us who can use article 17. Diego is the one who can do it.

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
And then imagine Werder produces another great player in 5 years. They will certainly negotiate with us, right?

None of the big teams does that. Milan could have bought Ronaldinho for much less if Ronaldinho used article 17, but a deal is a deal. If we buy a player who used the article 17 then no club will do business with us. We'll be isolated.

And it's not us who can use article 17. Diego is the one who can do it.
Ok, so if its him that would use it then what would it matter to us in the future? If he opts to want out of his club, if a player doesn't want to be there anymore why try and stop him? Its "business". Wasn't this Article put in place to give players rights?

This seems nonsense, lets say Manutd has a great player we want to buy and we wont because they poached two young Italians at a young age just to prove a point? Just like they have too look out for their interests, so should we. Running a club is like running a business, sometimes you gotta do whats best for the club, that's all I am saying.

If we are taking care of our players and get back to the way the club was before the scandal then players like Chiellini or Seba would never want to leave. And if one of our players wants to leave then let them, its their choice. Just like Ibra, he left for a fraction of the value of what he was worth but Inter were looking at their bigger picture, not ours or anyone elses so they snapped up Vieira and Ibra...Real Madrid took Cannavaro, Barcelona took Zambrotta/Thuram all lower than what they were valued but that didnt stop these clubs from offering the players their actual value but instead they knew they could get a bargain and thats exactly what they did to save the CLUBS money. That has not stopped Juve from wanted to sign their players. Its a business. You get the job done so your club its ahead of the rest, thats what running a business is.

At least that's my opinion, you guys are entitled to your views and I am not necessarily saying your wrong, at our clubs particular point we need to put our foot down and be strong on the market, I would hate to lose Diego because of our indecisiveness or inability to strike an agreement with a club that wants to milk us because they know they can take advantage of a clubs board like ours.

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
ok, then what if Gigi decided to invoke this clause, and left for Inter or Meeeelan for something like 12 mil.? or Seba? or Chiellini?
Like I said, our club has a great history, if we got back to those ways and I am sure we will eventually then we won't lose players to that article to go to another club because they more than likely will be much happier playing for our club.

If a player decides that they no longer wish to be part of the club they are contracted to then they should be allowed to leave. I particularly wouldn't want a player that wants out as they are more likely not putting in the necessary effort, in other words they don't want to be part of the ongoing project of the club. Why keep them against their will?

Diego for example, if he wants out bad enough and Bremen are not budging from the stance or start raising the value and knowingly then according to the law this article is there to protect the player, so use it.

Max

Jul 15, 2003
The question is what's the point of FIFA? If the clubs see no point in the rules and regulations you're establishing, then why are you there?

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
LOL

Maybe I have been to hasty on this gentleman's clause. All I am thinking is if its there, and by law able to use and if Diego wants out and Bremen are being stubborn...to me it makes sense to use it. I see the concept that other clubs would frown upon it, but I don't think they would never do business with us again.

I guess we will never know if the Article concept is never used by one of the big clubs...maybe Osman was right, maybe I am naive, I don't know, all I want is this deal to be sealed.

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
FIFA/the EU imposed the Webster ruling allowing players to buy out their contracts.

The big clubs don't like the rule, so the agreed not to use it to stop it completely fucking up all contracts in football.

El Santo

El Enmascarado de Plata
Nov 26, 2008
Diego is our savior!. if we don't get him this summer i'll fly down to turin. round up all the ultras and start the biggest riots ever in the history!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 66)