Diego DONE DEAL(read posts #1 & #4786) (8 Viewers)

Who deserves credit for this signing?

• Secco

• Blanc

• Badass Devil

• Moggi

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
Diego has been best deployed behind the strikers in a 4-3-1-2 formation similar to that used by Inter, who are also interested in his signature.
Diego would fit perfectly in Inter. Inter do need a link between the hard working midfield and the attack. They have great full backs, and the only thing Inter are missing is a good trequartista, with good vision. If Inter buy Diego and a top class target man (to replace Stankovic and the forward that plays next to Ibra), then they will be complete and super strong on every single position.

As for us, i can say that i'm 100% pro-Diego and i do think that Ranieri will change the system if we buy Diego.
But i fear that with Ranieri in charge, this would really hurt Giovinco. If Ranieri chooses 4-3-1-2 then no way he'll play Giovinco in the midfield trio. He'll either use 3 DMCs as Inter does or he'll play Camoranesi and 2 DMCs in midfield.
If he chooses 4-3-2-1 then he might use Giovinco and Diego as AMCs, but i don't see him dropping Del Piero out of the team. The best solution will be a 4-3-2-1, rotating Gio, Diego and Del Piero.
But add to this that we'll need top full-backs , who can attack as well as defend, to play 4-3-2-1 or 4-3-1-2, and you'll realize that Diego alone means nothing. We still need to seriously improve the defense, especially the full back positions.

Sadomin

Apr 5, 2005
Diego would fit perfectly in Inter. Inter do need a link between the hard working midfield and the attack. They have great full backs, and the only thing Inter are missing is a good trequartista, with good vision. If Inter buy Diego and a top class target man (to replace Stankovic and the forward that plays next to Ibra), then they will be complete and super strong on every single position.

As for us, i can say that i'm 100% pro-Diego and i do think that Ranieri will change the system if we buy Diego.
But i fear that with Ranieri in charge, this would really hurt Giovinco. If Ranieri chooses 4-3-1-2 then no way he'll play Giovinco in the midfield trio. He'll either use 3 DMCs as Inter does or he'll play Camoranesi and 2 DMCs in midfield.
If he chooses 4-3-2-1 then he might use Giovinco and Diego as AMCs, but i don't see him dropping Del Piero out of the team. The best solution will be a 4-3-2-1, rotating Gio, Diego and Del Piero.
But add to this that we'll need top full backs, who can attack as well as defend, to play 4-3-2-1 or 4-3-1-2, and you'll realize that Diego alone means nothing. We still need to seriously improve the defense, especially the full back positions.
Absolutely. This is obviously more important than anything else. A fairly cheap and simple solution would be to buy a good, solid RB which won't cost more than 10 m. Then we recall Criscito for free, which means we'll have Criscito, Molinaro and De Ceglie for that spot. I think at least 1 of them will turn good enough.

These small improvements alone will make a very big difference.

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005

But add to this that we'll need top full-backs , who can attack as well as defend, to play 4-3-2-1 or 4-3-1-2, and you'll realize that Diego alone means nothing. We still need to seriously improve the defense, especially the full back positions.
On the flip side, we too need someone that can link up our hard working midfield to the attack. CR is opting for Gio on the left anyways, so that means we need someone as a trequartista. I think equally we need a player that can FINALLY give us another option through the middle instead of our predictable wing play.

Our defense needs a miracle this mercato. Zuniga is now being tipped for Napoli, I hope to God Secco makes a move for this guy and apparently all 3 big sides are after Esposito of Lecce. Do you know anything about this?

I am fearful of the fact that it takes Secco so damn long to seal a deal that all the other potential signings we could make will be whisked away to another club whom are able to close the deal much quicker than Secco.

Sadomin

Apr 5, 2005
On the flip side, we too need someone that can link up our hard working midfield to the attack. CR is opting for Gio on the left anyways, so that means we need someone as a trequartista. I think equally we need a player that can FINALLY give us another option through the middle instead of our predictable wing play.

Our defense needs a miracle this mercato. Zuniga is now being tipped for Napoli, I hope to God Secco makes a move for this guy and apparently all 3 big sides are after Esposito of Lecce. Do you know anything about this?

I am fearful of the fact that it takes Secco so damn long to seal a deal that all the other potential signings we could make will be whisked away to another club whom are able to close the deal much quicker than Secco.
That would be odd. He'd compete with Maggio who's been good for them.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
Either way, it's not clear that Ranieri will play Giovinco from the start anyway. It doesn't really seem like he trusts the kid as if he did, there's no question Seba would be one of the first players on the team sheet.

But I think the best course of action is to do as you said and rotate Del Piero and Giovinco. I'm only banking on Alex being a viable option for about another year, plus there's always the chance he could suffer from injuries.

Something such as this wouldn't be too bad.

Buffon

Motta - Marquez - Chiellini - Criscito

Camoranesi - Sissoko - Marchisio

Diego - Giovinco

Amauri

Not sure if it would be possible to buy Motta as Roma might have the option to buy. But bring in someone such as him, decent price for Marquez, Diego, perhaps a cheap option as backup for Camo, and then if we have enough perhaps secure Kjaer or someone similar.

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
6 goals conceded in 2 matches.

That should be a hint as to where we need to fix the team most.

Diego and Silva can wait.
We should work simulatniously to secure defender(s) and Diego/Silva. We have a lot of time before the transfer window opens. We don't really need to do it one at the time.

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
6 goals conceded in 2 matches.

That should be a hint as to where we need to fix the team most.

Diego and Silva can wait.
It can't wait, but either can the defence. We can't fix one and not the other, otherwise we will struggle again next year. I don't see why the board can't fix both. At least bring in 1-2 good defenders.

Lion

King of Tuz
Jan 24, 2007
Agreed with both of you. I'm just worried about the defense not getting the needed treatment. I don't care if we get Diego if I have to stand to watch another season with Grygera, Zebina and Legro/Mellberg as first choice players.

A_LAcki

Dec 23, 2002
He has a better passing play, which non of our defenders really has. Marquez is therefor a very usefull player in the build up game. I would love to have him, but it won't happen, I guess!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 6)