Diego DONE DEAL(read posts #1 & #4786) (82 Viewers)

Who deserves credit for this signing?

• Secco

• Blanc

• Badass Devil

• Moggi

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Rollie

Apr 15, 2008
I think the purpose of using the statistics from his time at Hamburg, is to compare and contrast how the two players fared in the Bundesliga.

I don't think VDV is a player to make a move for at this point...

neurosis21

Jun 22, 2004
I think the purpose of using the statistics from his time at Hamburg, is to compare and contrast how the two players fared in the Bundesliga.

I don't think VDV is a player to make a move for at this point...
his form is very bad at the moment and he doesnt get too much playing time with madrid, but sometimes i move can motivate a player again and bring out the best of them

although i still think we should go for diego

Rollie

Apr 15, 2008
his form is very bad at the moment and he doesnt get too much playing time with madrid, but sometimes i move can motivate a player again and bring out the best of them

although i still think we should go for diego
You're absolutely right about the motivation factor, and the potential for some player's to turn themselves around with a move, and a new environment. That said, we should only be acquiring one quality attacking mid right now (because of Seba's presence and the various needs we have along the defensive line), and frankly, I don't want to see us chasing a player who is apparently off-form (I haven't seen him play more than a couple times this year) and hasn't really played very much this season.

neurosis21

Jun 22, 2004
saw some HLs of madrid's last game,he came on as a sub for sneider and missed a sitter,but HLs are not the best means of judging some1

i agree with you on only buying 1 quality mid,buying more will be shooting ourselves in the head.except from the fact that we have seba,the defence needs some reinforcing as well

Marceℓℓo

Mar 16, 2007
van der Fart's stats in Bundesliga:

07/08: 29 games--10 assists--12 goals

06/07: 26 games--5 assists--8 goals

05/06: 19 games--4 assists--9 goals

Diego's stats in Bundesliga:

08/09: 18 games--7 assists--10 goals

07/08: 30 games--11 assists--13 goals

06/07: 33 games--14 assists--13 goals

Lion

King of Tuz
Jan 24, 2007
another thing to consider about Van der Vaart is he is an injury prone player.

you can take that as a positive as that would allow Giovinco to rotate with him and get plenty of games.

or you can that as a negative that we would need to spend money on a player that is injured a lot. And with guys like Camo, Zanetti, and Marchionni in our team, can we afford another injury prone midfielder?

I would still take a risk on him if he comes in a bargain deal, or loan with option to buy, if we fail to get Diego.

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
Felipe calls Diego to Italy

Udinese's Brazilian defender Felipe believes his compatriot, Werder Bremen's fantasista Diego, is now ready to play in Italy.

Diego, who started his career at Santos, endured a tough couple of years at Porto before he moved to Werder Bremen in 2006 and established himself as one of the best players on the continent.

“I know him very well and we have played together before,” Felipe said on the eve of Udinese's UEFA Cup Quarter-Final second leg against Werder Bremen.

“After seeing him in action last week in the first leg I can say that he really is ready for Serie A. He is a useful player, one who knows how to defend. I can see him doing well here in Italy.”

Diego scored two breathtaking goals last Thursday night as Werder Bremen beat Udinese 3-1 at the Weserstadion in Germany.

The 24-year-old Brazil international has been repeatedly linked with a move to Juventus over the last year, as the Bianconeri look to replace Pavel Nedved, who will retire at the end of the season.

Italian champions Inter are also interested in signing the talented playmaker, who has scored 14 goals in 23 appearances for Werder Bremen this season.

channel 4

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
Diego makes demands

Juventus target Diego believes the Bianconeri will change their style of play to suit him if they want him so badly.

The Werder Bremen fantasista has been repeatedly linked with a move to the Turin giants this season.

He is in Italy tonight, as Werder Bremen take on Udinese in the UEFA Cup Quarter-Final second leg.

When a club really wants a player, it means that they know what his characteristics are and that the system of play can be changed if that player is to actually be of any consequence to the team,” he said.

Juventus have identified Diego as a replacement for Pavel Nedved, who will retire at the end of the season.

The 36-year-old Nedved usually occupies a position on the left-hand side of the pitch in a fairly flat 4-4-2 formation.

Diego has been best deployed behind the strikers in a 4-3-1-2 formation similar to that used by Inter, who are also interested in his signature.

The 24-year-old former Santos youngster has been excellent form this season, scoring 14 goals in 23 appearances for Werder Bremen.

channel 4

Let's sign him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 80)