Diego DONE DEAL(read posts #1 & #4786) (74 Viewers)

Who deserves credit for this signing?

• Secco

• Blanc

• Badass Devil

• Moggi

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Mar 30, 2006
No offense, but Giovinco is nowhere near Diego at the moment! In 2 years maybe, but at the moment, Diego is a differencemaker, and Gio isn't.
Giovinco has clearly made a huge difference to our previously slow and uninventive attack. we are scoring more goals with him in the team recently that we have in a very long time.

Both players will be important for Juve.

V

Jun 8, 2005
  • V

V

Good to see Diego still "raping" Bundesliga with 5 assists to his name and Werder 10th on the table. This guy is not worth the money mentioned, so not what we need and is so gonna flop.

Hope to God I'm wrong.

Enoran

Nov 3, 2007
Can't bank on Zebina being match fit for an entire season. A younger, better and more offensive RB to replace Grygera with Zebi staying as back-up.

Elvin

Nov 25, 2005
By signing Diego, that surely means we plan on using a trequartista, in which case we already have Seba. Diego is a great player, and I certainly wouldn't be angry if we signed him, but spending £20m on a player that plays in the same role as Seba is not very economical.
They could definitely co-exist. You know, like Ronaldinho - Deco at Barcelona couple years ago. Giego :D

Mar 30, 2006
Eℓvin;1949587 said:
They could definitely co-exist. You know, like Ronaldinho - Deco at Barcelona couple years ago. Giego :D
yeah or Seedorf and Kaka at Milan.

Or Xavi and Messi at Barca right now.

It is not that big an issue to put more than one attacking superstar into a team. Especially given how good our midfielders are defensively. Barca Manage to get by with just one DM but they have good CBs.

If we get Diego and invest in our defenders I think we can easily pull off playing a team with both Giovicno and Diego in it:

With Momo and Marchisio in the mid and if we had a backline of say:

Criscito-Chiellini-Kjaer/Zapata-Zuniga

I think we could be very competitive.

Cronios

Juventolog
Jun 7, 2004
Because of the insane amounts Napoli and Valencia ask for Hamsik and Silva,
Diego is probably our most realistic target right now, unless of course if you would prefer someone like Dawning...

HAZEM

L'architetto
Apr 22, 2008
yeah or Seedorf and Kaka at Milan.

Or Xavi and Messi at Barca right now.

It is not that big an issue to put more than one attacking superstar into a team. Especially given how good our midfielders are defensively. Barca Manage to get by with just one DM but they have good CBs.

If we get Diego and invest in our defenders I think we can easily pull off playing a team with both Giovicno and Diego in it:

With Momo and Marchisio in the mid and if we had a backline of say:

Criscito-Chiellini-Kjaer/Zapata-Zuniga

I think we could be very competitive.
god damn it... we realy lack the defence quality......

Rollie

Apr 15, 2008
Good to see Diego still "raping" Bundesliga with 5 assists to his name and Werder 10th on the table. This guy is not worth the money mentioned, so not what we need and is so gonna flop.

Hope to God I'm wrong.
This is always a possibility, but I don't really see it happening; I genuinely think our league suits his skill set... and goddam did I ever love watching him rape AC Milan right out of the UEFA cup. 2 fantastic UEFA assists that game.

Plus, that assist number you gave of 5 for the season (Bundesliga, not UEFA) is relative to his support - if his teammates don't convert passes, there's nothing more the setup man can do... and those 10 goals he has would be, what, second on our team right now?

You also left out the most important stat relative to those numbers: He's only played 18 league games this year to accrue 10 goals and 5 assists. That's pretty impressive, IMO. It's obviously quite difficult to find a rhythm when recovering from injuries... continuity is crucial.

It all comes down to how much $ we're willing to give up. I say in the range of 20M + Tiago, or 24M Euro straight cash would be a reasonable deal for a player who in my opinion is second best in the Bundesliga, and hugely marketable...

I've always been all about Silva, but Diego would be a pretty HUGE signing for us. I think in a lot of ways it would signify to the fans - and players around the world- that Juventus is a top class destination once more. As long as we change up the formation, bring back Criscito, and sign a top class RB, I would definitely be on board for this move.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 68)