Diego DONE DEAL(read posts #1 & #4786) (19 Viewers)

Who deserves credit for this signing?

• Secco

• Blanc

• Badass Devil

• Moggi

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

tassard

Jul 30, 2004
Actually, this purchase will solve one of our problems and create two new.
We will be more creative, that's sure, but what formation will the coach use?
I don't think Diego will play alongside Mommo, this will limit him.
So the more logical decision is to put him behind the strikers and play the trident.
That's good, considering our striking force we will dominate our opponents but what will happen with the full backs?
In a 4-3-1-2 the full backs should be superb, in their attacking and defensive duties.
Grygera and Molinaro are medicore, of course they have their good moments but there is no way we can rely to them to control the flanks.
So immediately, one purchase creates the need for 2 more.
It seems that many, people want the "new Zidane" but forget to ask firstly for the "new Di Livio" or the "new Zambrotta"

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
So the more logical decision is to put him behind the strikers and play the trident.
That's good, considering our striking force we will dominate our opponents but what will happen with the full backs?
In a 4-3-1-2 the full backs should be superb, in their attacking and defensive duties.
Grygera and Molinaro are medicore, of course they have their good moments but there is no way we can rely to them to control the flanks.
It seems that many, people want the "new Zidane" but forget to ask firstly for the "new Di Livio" or the "new Zambrotta"
:tup:

Exactly. Things aren't as simple as many people seem to think.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
It's all a load of bullshit. Some people here really piss me off. You want to use a the straight 4-4-2 because our fullbacks are terrible, yet you lot seem to be okay with keeping the same players back there. Then we continue using the same stupid formation that shouldn't be used because we don't have the players for it.

It's pretty fucking sad that we can't sign great players just because our fullbacks are crap, but therein lies the problem. Some people are just pussies, afraid of taking chances, which is why this club at it's current state and current leaders won't win anything.

blondu

Grazie Ale
Nov 9, 2006
it all comes from "upstairs"..secco..blanc..we need a change there..im not saying fuck sucko...but..he needs to change his mentality...then our coach...and then the players (and of course the agricola). we cannot change something only with a player, or with a change of formation..

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
I didn't say not to sign Diego.I simply want 2 new good full-backs, and I explained why.
And if you refer to me, where did i wrote that I'm pleased with keeping them in the starting XI?
I'm not referring to you with the latter comment. Other people hold such views.

But you claimed that if we purchase Diego, we automatically need to purchase two new players.

Shouldn't we be pursuing new players in those positions anyway?

tassard

Jul 30, 2004
I'm not referring to you with the latter comment. Other people hold such views.
Oh, sorry then.

But you claimed that if we purchase Diego, we automatically need to purchase two new players.

Shouldn't we be pursuing new players in those positions anyway?
Of course we should.I simply said that with Diego and 4-3-1-2 the situation will be even worse than now.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
Oh, sorry then.

Of course we should.I simply said that with Diego and 4-3-1-2 the situation will be even worse than now.
And how do you know that?

Marchionni doesn't add anything offensively OR defensively. Nedved may add something defensively but it's not as much as people think.

C4ISR

Dec 18, 2005
Well said, especially about the fullbacks. On top of this, my other objection is money. We have other areas of the team to strengthen, and surely spending €30m on Diego (plus high wages) will leave us signing average players in those positions.

Zhrikov (Nedved replacement), D'Agostino (help dictate play in the middle), Eboue (we need a rb) and Criscito (instead of Knezevic) is my conservative guess for next summer. Helps alleviate our current problems, and will be relatively cheap, which our management love.

Salvo

J
Dec 17, 2007
:agree: completely agree.

if we get diego it will surely mean giovinco will never play.

The Curr

Feb 3, 2007
Hang on, we shouldn't improve our team? That's basically what some of you are saying. So what if getting Diego means we need to get new FBs aswell, we need to anyway. We should still get Diego.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
Zhirkov. :lol2: Some people's fascination with him is frankly idiotic.

To think that people want that guy instead of Diego just because it "fits our system" is so...

Imbecilic. Congratulations.

Salvo

J
Dec 17, 2007
He doesen't now.Next lame excuse please.
if you read what i had said and the quote i used i agree with what tassard said i was just adding another, is it lame? yes he doesnt play a lot now but if diego comes in he will surely be loaned out not played at all this will affect him greatly. Look im not saying i dont want him as he will aid us but we shouldve looked at improving other positions first. that is if this is true.

Elvin

Nov 25, 2005
Zhirkov. :lol2: Some people's fascination with him is frankly idiotic.

To think that people want that guy instead of Diego just because it "fits our system" is so...

Imbecilic. Congratulations.
Fuuuck!

Am I the only one who is sick of this?
"This is idiotic that is idiotic, if you say this you're an imbecile" etc etc
Enough already man... ok we get it, you're the "Idiotism Officer", you've got an idiotar installed in your brain.

Nothing personal, but this is annoying as shit!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 17)