Diego DONE DEAL(read posts #1 & #4786) (62 Viewers)

Who deserves credit for this signing?

• Secco

• Blanc

• Badass Devil

• Moggi

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Mar 30, 2006
was ranieri's valencia squad as good as prandelli's fiorentina?
probably better? i don't know.

I judged Ranieri's last season at chelsea as a season he could have won something because he had spent like 100 million and came close to winning if it was not for a fantastic arsenal.. he also did great in the CL but knocked himself out with his tactics against Monaco when they were a man up.

anyway guys great talking to u, i have to go.

Badass J Elkann

It's time to go!!
Feb 12, 2006
probably better? i don't know.

I judged Ranieri's last season at chelsea as a season he could have won something because he had spent like 100 million and came close to winning if it was not for a fantastic arsenal.. he also did great in the CL but knocked himself out with his tactics against Monaco when they were a man up.

anyway guys great talking to u, i have to go.
all very well having 100 mill to spend but the gelling process takes alot longer

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
I agree totally. Prandelli is a terrific coach. But Ranieri has not really been at top clubs his whole career either (chelsea were only a top club for one season with him) and Valencia tend to blow hot or cold (I would rank them like Roma.. good but not expected to win trophies)

You are still correct though
He left Valencia in Chaos, and was average with Chelsea. Having said that, he's doing a good job this season. I still think he should be gone come next summer though, as this is as far as he can take the club.

exactly, so if we are to change Ranieri then we need a significant upgrade, not with a guy who produces teams that play pretty football and not much else
Prandelli took Fiorentina from strength to strength, he got them into the CL, he built the team they now have. He also did a good job with Parma. He's good at getting the best out of players(Mutu, Gila..etc). He's a successful manager. You're not seriously expecting him to win the league with Fiorentina, are you?

Badass J Elkann

It's time to go!!
Feb 12, 2006
He left Valencia in Chaos, and was average with Chelsea. Having said that, he's doing a good job this season. I still think he should be gone come next summer though, as this is as far as he can take the club.

Prandelli took Fiorentina from strength to strength, he got them into the CL, he built the team they now have. He also did a good job with Parma. He's good at getting the best out of players(Mutu, Gila..etc). He's a successful manager. You're not seriously expecting him to win the league with Fiorentina, are you?
i thought they had excellent 'core players' :p

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
was ranieri's valencia squad as good as prandelli's fiorentina?
When Prandelli first took on Fiorentina, and when Ranieri first took on Valencia. I'd say Ranieri's Valencia was a much better squad. Fiorentina were still in their first season in Serie A iirc.

Badass J Elkann

It's time to go!!
Feb 12, 2006
the only thing that works in prandelli's favour is the fact he understands how the club works being a former player, but i think i'd be more inclined to risk going with conte and ferrara as his assist

Fellas

Farsopoli
Jun 13, 2005
Jack, we have another one.
another? Yeah I think that we could do much better then Ranieri, he is a ok coach but nothing more, or do you think he is the best for us?

As a club we must always look at ways to be better, right now a new manager is one of them. I choose Prandelli as my choice beacuse he is italian so he know the italian football, he is young coach and he is not afraid to give young players a chance, the teams he have trained have played a good fotball with him.

He deserves a chance to coach a big team like Juventus, and plus he is a former Juventus player so he suits us well?

Im open for other alternatives ofcourse, but I do think we could do much better then Ranieri, don´t you and your friend Jack think so?

Amaurisimo

Dec 8, 2007
another? Yeah I think that we could do much better then Ranieri, he is a ok coach but nothing more, or do you think he is the best for us?

As a club we must always look at ways to be better, right now a new manager is one of them. I choose Prandelli as my choice beacuse he is italian so he know the italian football, he is young coach and he is not afraid to give young players a chance, the teams he have trained have played a good fotball with him.

He deserves a chance to coach a big team like Juventus, and plus he is a former Juventus player so he suits us well?

Im open for other alternatives ofcourse, but I do think we could do much better then Ranieri, don´t you and your friend Jack think so?
You are right, Ranhieri is Brazilian, so he doesn't know Italian football , and also he is not that young.. And , he never gives young players a chance also..

Lets get Wenger, in last 5 years he did not win anything, but he won in past and is very good with young players

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007

So far all we know about Prandelli is that he's doing ok with teams that aren't scudetto contenders.
I won't count his beginnings as a coach with the smaller teams because there were no noticable results so i'll count Parma and Fiorentina.
Parma was a team that was quality wise behind the big teams (Lazio was a great team back then) and in front of all the other serie A teams, and Prandelli managed to take Parma to the 5th spot in two consecutive years.
With Fiorentina he wins the 4th place consistently. That's a very good result, but still, quality wise Fiorentina is the 4th or 5th team in Italy, so it's not some super remarkable result.

Some may say that he took Fiorentina from the very bottom and made a very good team out of them. That's true, but one mustn't forget that after Juve, Milan and Inter, Fiorentina is actually the highest spender and the 4th richest team in the country, or 5th richest (i guess they are on par with Roma). You can say that their results are equal to the money they spend.

So yes, he's making the expected results, or a little more than expected....but that's it.
Could he be better than Ranieri? He could and maybe he couldn't. We have absolutely nothing to make a comparison. He's 51 and has 16 years of coaching career, but he was never given a chance to lead a big team.

People say that they want Ranieri out because he never won smthg and then they say they want Prandelli. I don't see the logic in this. You could say that it can't be worse than Ranieri and then i will accept if you want Prandelli. But you guys say you want a winner and then you say how you want a coach who never won anything and who was never given a chance to win anything (perhaps there is a good reason why no big team hired him? )

Fellas

Farsopoli
Jun 13, 2005
You are right, Ranhieri is Brazilian, so he doesn't know Italian football , and also he is not that young.. And , he never gives young players a chance also..

Lets get Wenger, in last 5 years he did not win anything, but he won in past and is very good with young players
Ranieri is not a winner.. he gives young persons a chance and is Italian. But I don´t believe we will win titles with this coach.

What is your problem anyway? I have my opinion that Prandelli is a better coach and I just say some of the reasons that I want him as our trainer.

If you want to continue with Ranieri then that is your choice.

I have noticed that this forum is much about attacking other members opinions and making fun of others.

For me this is not the way to behave, I tought that we Juventusfans respected eachother and could talk as brothers. Maby I am on a site where people don´t agree with me on this one.

:bigscarf:

Badass J Elkann

It's time to go!!
Feb 12, 2006
Ranieri is not a winner.. he gives young persons a chance and is Italian. But I don´t believe we will win titles with this coach.

What is your problem anyway? I have my opinion that Prandelli is a better coach and I just say some of the reasons that I want him as our trainer.

If you want to continue with Ranieri then that is your choice.

I have noticed that this forum is much about attacking other members opinions and making fun of others.

For me this is not the way to behave, I tought that we Juventusfans respected eachother and could talk as brothers. Maby I am on a site where people don´t agree with me on this one.

:bigscarf:
if there is anything this forum has taught me, is that we're very fickle fans, i guess same can be said for every football fan

Fellas

Farsopoli
Jun 13, 2005
So far all we know about Prandelli is that he's doing ok with teams that aren't scudetto contenders.
I won't count his beginnings as a coach with the smaller teams because there were no noticable results so i'll count Parma and Fiorentina.
Parma was a team that was quality wise behind the big teams (Lazio was a great team back then) and in front of all the other serie A teams, and Prandelli managed to take Parma to the 5th spot in two consecutive years.
With Fiorentina he wins the 4th place consistently. That's a very good result, but still, quality wise Fiorentina is the 4th or 5th team in Italy, so it's not some super remarkable result.

Some may say that he took Fiorentina from the very bottom and made a very good team out of them. That's true, but one mustn't forget that after Juve, Milan and Inter, Fiorentina is actually the highest spender and the 4th richest team in the country, or 5th richest (i guess they are on par with Roma). You can say that their results are equal to the money they spend.

So yes, he's making the expected results, or a little more than expected....but that's it.
Could he be better than Ranieri? He could and maybe he couldn't. We have absolutely nothing to make a comparison. He's 51 and has 16 years of coaching career, but he was never given a chance to lead a big team.

People say that they want Ranieri out because he never won smthg and then they say they want Prandelli. I don't see the logic in this. You could say that it can't be worse than Ranieri and then i will accept if you want Prandelli. But you guys say you want a winner and then you say how you want a coach who never won anything and who was never given a chance to win anything (perhaps there is a good reason why no big team hired him? )

ok m8 I understand your opinion on this.. I believe that Prandelli deserves a chance in a big team, he has done good things in Fiorentina and Parma. Yeah we don´t know what he could do with a bigger team, but im curios to see that. But we know that Ranieri hasen´t done anything special with the bigger teams he has coached thats the difference.

If we could get Lippi back I would take him. But I believe we should give a new coach a chance, a coach who has never trained a big team. As we did with Lippi when he camed to Juventus. It's a chance but I would take that chance istead of having Ranieri as a coach, because as I said I dont believe he is a winner and that he is the coach that will win us titles.

Fellas

Farsopoli
Jun 13, 2005
if there is anything this forum has taught me, is that we're very fickle fans, i guess same can be said for every football fan
My english is not the best so the word Fickle doesen´t say me anything:p

But on this forum I have noticed, we have some members who is looking to attack someone or making fun of people, some here seem to be very polite but im sorry to say that others seem to be assholes. Maby this is how they are on this forum, why I dont understand.

I mean we all have different opinions on things thats normal, but why can some not being nice to eachother

Badass J Elkann

It's time to go!!
Feb 12, 2006
My english is not the best so the word Fickle doesen´t say me anything:p

But on this forum I have noticed, we have some members who is looking to attack someone or making fun of people, some here seem to be very polite but im sorry to say that others seem to be assholes. Maby this is how they are on this forum, why I dont understand.

I mean we all have different opinions on things thats normal, but why can some not being nice to eachother
believe me, i've seen worse on other forums, end of the day what you're asking for is like asking for world peace but to a smaller scale.

Fellas

Farsopoli
Jun 13, 2005
for me Ranieri is like example Grygera..Grygera is a ok player nothing more

He is a ok coach but he is not a coach who will bring us the scudetto.

Prandelli is like Zapata ;)

Prandelli is a talented coach with potensial to lead a team to ,Scudetto CL, if he could we don´t know yet but I am more then ready to give him the chance.

As I said this is just my opinon on this :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 56)