Didier Deschamps (9 Viewers)

da_ledgeaun

The Juve Freak
Jun 2, 2007
I would like to have him but maybe for 2013 or 2014..cos next season I think only a real hard, no nonsense coach like Mourinho or Capello are the one that can bring back this Juve to the right place on top..

Nomuken

NUMB
Contributor
Dec 14, 2009
Deschamps told Tuttosport: “At the time, it seemed like the right decision to me. Instead it was an error that was all my own doing.

“With the passing of time I have realised that people within football did not understand the reasons behind that decision. I'll give you an example: Last summer I was contacted by Liverpool and the first thing that my interlocutors asked me during the meeting was: 'Why did you leave Juve?'

“The club and I had different visions of the future and I must say that even those people close to me, like my agent, didn't advise me well.

“In practice nothing could reset the fracture. The fact is we were coming of a year that was difficult psychologically, one in which we found ourselves in cities and stadiums that Juve had never visited before.

“Every game was a battle. We really consumed a lot of energy and I knew that the expectations the following year would be even higher. But one couldn't pretend to win the Scudetto right away. We needed to go forward by degrees, to rebuild. My position at the time was clear: better to sign three very strong players a year rather than six or seven of average worth. To be at the height of their past and the expectations that surround the club, Juve need a continuous turnover of champions.

But the board decided to be an average club instead :sergio:

Badass J Elkann

It's time to go!!
Feb 12, 2006
I would like to have him but maybe for 2013 or 2014..cos next season I think only a real hard, no nonsense coach like Mourinho or Capello are the one that can bring back this Juve to the right place on top..
problem with mourinho is that he would struggle to get the best out of these players, he is the sort of manager that likes to work with a accomplished squad, and all he does is add the cherry on top of the cake effectively speaking.

Joe

Dec 20, 2009
I don't think he'll come to Juve while Marseille are in the CL and Juve aren't.
Marseille currently isn't in the CL, even though they are really really close. Just off because of goal differences.

We need a coach like Didier, and I hope he comes back.

Hist

Founder of Hism
Jan 18, 2009
problem with mourinho is that he would struggle to get the best out of these players, he is the sort of manager that likes to work with a accomplished squad, and all he does is add the cherry on top of the cake effectively speaking.
If you get mourinho and give him like a 70 million budget he'll win you the scudetto. Remember porto? he made those players

Badass J Elkann

It's time to go!!
Feb 12, 2006
If you get mourinho and give him like a 70 million budget he'll win you the scudetto. Remember porto? he made those players
i dont know about making them, they were already accomplished players in their own league by the time porto won the CL and were already courted by some of the big european sides, at the same time he has also made some horrendous and costly transfers, remember mancini and quaresma? so im not entirely convinced that throwing 70 mill at mourinho to splash would win us anything, i do however think if we had a accomplished team and brought him in, we might win something, but not with this team at its 'rebuild' state.

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
Sweet.

Maybe he could buy Mancini, Quaresma and Muntari like he did at Inter.

I would suggest Mourinho is rather better at getting the most out of a team given to him than he is at assembling a team.

Edit: I see Badass beat me to the punch.

da_ledgeaun

The Juve Freak
Jun 2, 2007
With a coach like Mourinho,he will really give the team a really good kick they need,I mean I know he does have his stupid buys,but look at those players that are playing under him whom are already in the team and can be very good,for example,he made Lampard to be the best CM in England,he made two great fullbacks who not only knows how to attack but to defend too at that time Cole and Ferreira,and if he could make Arbeloa that good,imagine what he can do with De Ceglie,Marchisio,Melo, I mean most of our teams currently could really do so much better,and they are not doing due to our incompetent coach,when someone like Mourinho arrives he will see what the team lacks, and asks for a really good player to fill in that spot.and get the best of our already potentially great players..

And the thing about Mourinho is that he doesnt like to stay too long,but who knows,he could be our new Lippi,but if he doesnt and starts to yap about ManUtd,then we should go for Deschamps..

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 5)