Didier Deschamps (1 Viewer)

ReBeL

The Jackal
Jan 14, 2005
Tardelli: I criticized Deshamps many time during the board of directors' meetings because he didn't play Bojinov, but I'm so disappointed looking how the relationship between him and Juve ended".

AngelaL

Jinx Minx
Aug 25, 2006
L'Equipe today claims Perrin will be appointed As Lyon coach soon and some fans here say that DD had already made an agreement with them.
Perrin instead of DD? That's Lyon's loss.

Tardelli: I criticized Deshamps many time during the board of directors' meetings because he didn't play Bojinov, but I'm so disappointed looking how the relationship between him and Juve ended".
I knew the board had something to do with it!

:sigh: Yes, Valeri/DD personality clash was unfortunate, but who's Tardelli to criticise DD? The BoDs (excuse the language) are not exactly perfect themselves.

Snoop

Sabet is a nasty virgin
Oct 2, 2001
I always think Bojinov and Zlatan are similar in some way when it come to behaviours and personality.. Bojinov will ask first team football, he is talented, but not talented enough to take Del Piero's or Trezeguet's role.. I don't believe he or Palladino will be high profile forward for us, that's me.. And Probably something wrong went on Between him and Didier. Bojinov probably had disciplinary problems, and Didier throw him on bench..

I think we are just wasting our time with Bojinov, we don't have extra place to keep him in the squad, he will always ask for first team football, and will become a pain in the ass in the end, while Palladino isn't any popular, and he might accept to sit on the bench. If this is the case, I fully support Didier's action.

mondo1

May 14, 2006
of course we all wanted to see boji.we had all big hopes im him. and i'm dissapointed that dd didn't play him. but maybe it's about his training performence or something like that. there had to be a reason why dd was against him

Snoop

Sabet is a nasty virgin
Oct 2, 2001
I don't know If you guys seen this in more details, anyway I am posting it..

Serie A - Deschamps explains Juve exit

Eurosport - Mon, 28 May 17:17:00 2007

Serie A - Former Juventus coach Didier Deschamps has explained why he decided to resign on Sunday.
FOOTBALL 2006-2007 Juventus Serie B Didier Deschamps - 0

The ex-France captain said that he reluctantly made the decision after being undermined at Juve and hopes to bounce back quickly with a fresh challenge.

"Their manner of work is like that," he told Radio Monte Carlo. "A coach can adapt to them, or he cannot."

Deschamps resigned after a board meeting culminating weeks of speculation, with his agent publicly criticising Juve's management for not offering his client a long-term contract and failing to inform him of their plans for the next season, particularly regarding transfers.

"The basis of the problem is not just that I wanted to decide everything," the former Juventus, Chelsea and Valencia player continued. "I experienced a difficult season despite very good results earned by the players and helped by my staff.

"I think that for a lot of clubs, there are situations, contexts, which are very particular. I experienced difficulties this season and I wanted to know how it would be organised next season.

"A coach needs a good working environment and, after analysing the situation, I took the best decision for me. I am disappointed, but satisfied and proud to have taken Juve back up to the elite."

Deschamps - who took Monaco to the Champions League final in 2004 - also said that he was planning to relax in the short-term but made himself available for another management job.

"I will breath a little," he said. "Starting from now I am free again. I am available. We will see what can happen.

"My wish is to be a coach next season."

Deschamps had been linked with Lyon, although they seem set to appoint Alain Perrin after Gerard Houllier's departure, and it is unknown whether the 1998 World Cup winner will return to France, continue in Italy or even move to England, where he has been linked with the vacant Manchester City post.

"We will see in the next days and weeks the offers I will receive," he declared.

"I have no preference [for my future club]. Of course, I aspire to coach a top level squad, but I don't want to talk about clubs that already have a coach."

ReBeL

The Jackal
Jan 14, 2005
I know Sheridan Bird is not a Juve fan at all, but he had this about the departure of DD:

If we move our attention to another massive Italian club we see a different scene, one where the main man in the dug-out finally succumbed to the horrendous strain at his club and decided it was best to walk away into the sunset.

That tiny chap trudging off in the distance is former World and European Champion Didier Deschamps, who quit Juventus last week - after just one season. As ever the reasons for his departure were a bit hazy, and when he released his statement explaining the move some people were left unconvinced.

The diplomatic version says that the Frenchman didn't feel that he could commit himself to the directors' plans for next season. He didn't like the look of the new signings they were lining up, and wasn't keen on some of the departures they were trying to enforce, and when the coach and his board aren't singing from the same hymn sheet, things aren't going to work out.

Other sources believe that he had several clashes with specific members of the boardroom, and he disliked these behind the scenes suits enough to say, "Stuff it, I'm off." Other 'insiders' indicate that he never felt as if he was ever given their full trust or backing. They go on to say that he felt he had been treated as a stop-gap and that they were always thinking of their next coach, whether that be Capello, Lippi or Sven.

Under difficult conditions the little former midfield general still managed to get the Turin club back into Serie A at the first time of asking, but he obviously felt that enough was enough and confirmed that he was leaving at the end of last week.

He may now head straight into Gerard Houllier's vacant seat in Lyon and try his hand at turning the Ligue Un champions into authentic Euro contenders. Whatever he does he is sure to feel a huge weight has been lifted from his shoulders and he won't experience the stress that he did with Juve. Taking the reigns of the Bianconeri in their first ever campaign in Serie B was always bound to be an exacting mission and Deschamps kept his cool for the most part, before bailing out a broken but dignified man.

Sheridan Bird

oriax

Mar 30, 2007
Ligue 1 - Perrin rises to Lyon challenge

Eurosport - Wed, 30 May 12:58:00 2007

Ligue 1 - Alain Perrin will be officially named Lyon coach at a press conference on Wednesday afternoon. The six-times Ligue 1 champions are to make the appointment following the resignation of Gerard Houllier last week after two years in charge.
FOOTBALL Ligue 1 2006/2007 Sochaux Perrin - 0

Former Portsmouth and Olympique Marseille coach Perrin, 50, steered Sochaux to the French Cup title this season.

Perrin had said he had accepted an offer from Lyon but talks dragged on after Sochaux president Jean-Claude Plessis asked for financial compensation.

A deal was reached late on Tuesday with Lyon accepting to pay Sochaux around 500,000 euros (£340,000). There was no immediate confirmation from Lyon.

Perrin is expected to sign a two-year contract.

Former France and Liverpool manager Houllier, 59, said on Friday he was leaving Lyon after leading them to two consecutive Ligue 1 titles.

Under Houllier's guidance, Lyon failed to make the desired impact in Europe, falling in the first knockout round of the Champions League this season and in the quarter-finals last year.

I preferd DD to take charge of Lyon. :frown:

Inara

Dec 14, 2006
I think DD's resignation took Aulas by surprise because two days before, he said that he wanted to stay at Juventus. So Lyon went ahead after Houllier told Aulas he wanted to resign (during the CL final), and the club and arranged things with Sochaux, with Perrin resigning and his old club looking for a new manager.

I think Lyon would have preferred Deschamps but it was too late by that point.

JuveAdam

Moggi santo..subito
Sep 12, 2006
na but who really cares what DD does now? i know he's bianconero 4 life but he's not with us anymore. i don't recall talking about capello so deeply after he left :pumpkin:
Very different situation, but I get your point, it is not really important what DD does now, or where he goes, I for one wish him every sucsess in the future with whatever club finds him, as long as they are not in competition with la vecchia signora.

.zero

★ ★ ★
Aug 8, 2006
Very different situation, but I get your point, it is not really important what DD does now, or where he goes, I for one wish him every sucsess in the future with whatever club finds him, as long as they are not in competition with la vecchia signora.
ya i mean it in from the standpoint that he and juventus should move on in their separate ways. and i also believe that that includes us juventini also. ;)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)