Didier Deschamps (4 Viewers)

Arvin

Juve Star
Dec 30, 2004

Cronios

Juventolog
Jun 7, 2004
thanx DD, bye:p

That's right. There is really nothing we can fire him over.
have you forgotten the winter period crisis?
it was DD's fault alone,
he had the best team in the league, u ppl make him a hero because he won it, but forgetting his mistakes?
mistake will cost us a lot next year when we will face equal and superior teams...

V

Jun 8, 2005
  • V

V

it was DD's fault alone,
he had the best team in the league, u ppl make him a hero because he won it, but forgetting his mistakes?
mistake will cost us a lot next year when we will face equal and superior teams...
He had the best team and by far the most dificult job in the leauge. Winter crisis? So what? I seem to recollect us having one always in the last 10 years, be it with Lippi, Ancelotti or Capello.

DD is given to little credit for what he's done, I don't think the God-like Marcello Lippi would have done any better than him.

sateeh

Day Walker
Jul 28, 2003

it was DD's fault alone,
Being a coach for this club without anything is tough enough, there is pressure from everywhere and DD didn't get to be just a coach.

there were external pressures from everywhere, this was not just a regular season imo.

Also you forget all the injuries we had this season, DD didn't have a full squad for the whole winter period you talked about but we still came up on top overall.

His only problem was his tactics and in most games there weren't major mistakes and in other games he really impressed in that department.

anyway, the main thing for me is continuity. Thats is absolutely essential imo, all good teams have that was one of the things that contributed to our success in the past.

Ahmed

Principino
Sep 3, 2006
We are Juventus...we always have a bad period in the winter..Capello and Lippi also had to go through that when Juve suddenly started playing very poorly and losing points...you cant blame DD only

Marc

Softcore Juventino
Jul 14, 2006
In all circumstances, I think DD has done an excellent job. I would say the future looks bright but then again who am I kidding? A lot of things have to be done first.....

AngelaL

Jinx Minx
Aug 25, 2006
In all circumstances, I think DD has done an excellent job. I would say the future looks bright but then again who am I kidding? A lot of things have to be done first.....
:agree: I know I griped when we lost points - we Juve fans take losing points hard, but overall, DD has done well. He's got us back into serie A, with a team that had to be patched up, because the heart of our defence and midfield were ripped out. Would crapello have done so well?....... Maybe he couldn't and that's why he ran. Lots of managers are "good" - they can cope when money has bought them the best players, but when they have to "mend and make do" with what they have, it's a different story.

.zero

★ ★ ★
Aug 8, 2006
in all honesty i was never worried about not getting promoted. what i was worried about was the summer - now is the real task of putting the pieces together and hopefully when juve does swarm we form voltron not a garbage truck.

i have been very critical of DD but i really believe the judging and the criticism starts NOW. the season in B to me was a formality, now that we are "back in A" we have every right to be complacent and critical of his every move.

this new era of justified criticism begins with the summer signings and proceeds through his 1st season in A (only cuz i don't know how long we will actually keep him around if the sh*t hits the fan). i already claimed that i wouldn't be surprised with 1-2 major signings this summer and a top 7 finish in A this upcoming season. I will and am giving this guy a break only cuz he had to go through alot and put up with alot b4 even getting to really show what he can do in the big leagues.

...lets bring back capello

j/k :D

Cronios

Juventolog
Jun 7, 2004
He had the best team and by far the most dificult job in the leauge. Winter crisis? So what? I seem to recollect us having one always in the last 10 years, be it with Lippi, Ancelotti or Capello.
get real, the most difficult job would be to promote Rimini or Madova, being a part of Juve's helm has advantages and disadvantages for every coach that would be at DD's place, we cant use it as an excuse esp for him...

Being a coach for this club without anything is tough enough, there is pressure from everywhere and DD didn't get to be just a coach.
there were external pressures from everywhere, this was not just a regular season imo.
Also you forget all the injuries we had this season, DD didn't have a full squad for the whole winter period you talked about but we still came up on top overall.
His only problem was his tactics and in most games there weren't major mistakes and in other games he really impressed in that department.
anyway, the main thing for me is continuity. Thats is absolutely essential imo, all good teams have that was one of the things that contributed to our success in the past.
We are Juventus...we always have a bad period in the winter..Capello and Lippi also had to go through that when Juve suddenly started playing very poorly and losing points...you cant blame DD only
About the crisis period, yes it is normal that every team has one, but ours wasnt caused to fatigue as it normally happens and is due to the summer preparation problem, neither because of unfortunate incidents (injuries,susp etc etc)only,
it was because of lack of:
concentration, determination, tactical mistakes, no back up plans etc etc, most of them are coach's fault

in all honesty i was never worried about not getting promoted. what i was worried about was the summer - now is the real task of putting the pieces together and hopefully when juve does swarm we form voltron not a garbage truck.
i have been very critical of DD but i really believe the judging and the criticism starts NOW. the season in B to me was a formality, now that we are "back in A" we have every right to be complacent and critical of his every move.
this new era of justified criticism begins with the summer signings and proceeds through his 1st season in A (only cuz i don't know how long we will actually keep him around if the sh*t hits the fan). i already claimed that i wouldn't be surprised with 1-2 major signings this summer and a top 7 finish in A this upcoming season. I will and am giving this guy a break only cuz he had to go through alot and put up with alot b4 even getting to really show what he can do in the big leagues.
True, most logic post, the real test will be next year. Thats why i fear that DD will be proved beyond any doubt; NON-EFFICIENT, i had no doubt that with that roster DD, Cosmi or even me would have top serie b against inferior material,
but next year, a small tactical mistake may became lethal, lots of exp is needed
and most important DD wants to be 100% responsible of building that team,
a grave risk...

Give the guy a chance in Seria A and make changes to his contract to make him happy. And by May 2008 we'll see if he's good or not.
blind faith to unproven players/coaches will hurt our team a lot in the long run,
we will have to invest as we havent invested before,
we have to build a world class team from ground zero, we cant afford mistakes,
Agnellis will definitely not finance a new re-build every year...

Ahmed

Principino
Sep 3, 2006
bottom line is that the management has to support DD's ideas when it comes to transfers...he is the 1 running and the show and he is certainly gonna be the 1 who will be blamed if we dont do well...so dont give him an excuse by shoving unwanted players down his throat...he said publicly he doesnt want Iaquinta so why are we signing him...all this sounds disturbing and i think the rumours of discontent are gonna grow if these incidents continue...

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004

it was DD's fault alone,
Hmm alright then, Cronios. So what should we do? Hire Prandelli? How about Novellino? Spalletti? How about bring back Capello and waste talents and time? Or should we go back in time and hire Lippi, then have to look for a new manager after two years again? All this after we fire Deschamps just because we didn't rip the entire Serie B apart while having injuries all season? Is that really a good idea? It's not like we'll get Mourinho, Benitez or anybody else that's amazing in the world, so what on earth will we do?

I mean, if we finish on the bottom half of the table, then I would perhaps agree. But right now we can't fire people just because we have some greviances regarding how many points we win Serie B by after a points deduction and entire scandal, board resignation and susbsequent new manager. It's just crazy to think everything will be solved without some sort of consistency and chance given to our manager and players. As soon as you fire Deschamps and hire somebody else after this, we're on the road to becoming another Inter because once it starts... it just keeps on going. Fire him fire him fire him. Then a decade down the road we'll have been through 6 managers and zero Scudetti. Whoopdeefuckingdoo.

Okay, lets fire Deschamps and put MORATTI in charge.

Espectro

The Grimreaper
Jul 12, 2002
Hmm alright then, Cronios. So what should we do? Hire Prandelli? How about Novellino? Spalletti? How about bring back Capello and waste talents and time? Or should we go back in time and hire Lippi, then have to look for a new manager after two years again? All this after we fire Deschamps just because we didn't rip the entire Serie B apart while having injuries all season? Is that really a good idea? It's not like we'll get Mourinho, Benitez or anybody else that's amazing in the world, so what on earth will we do?

I mean, if we finish on the bottom half of the table, then I would perhaps agree. But right now we can't fire people just because we have some greviances regarding how many points we win Serie B by after a points deduction and entire scandal, board resignation and susbsequent new manager. It's just crazy to think everything will be solved without some sort of consistency and chance given to our manager and players. As soon as you fire Deschamps and hire somebody else after this, we're on the road to becoming another Inter because once it starts... it just keeps on going. Fire him fire him fire him. Then a decade down the road we'll have been through 6 managers and zero Scudetti. Whoopdeefuckingdoo.

Good to see some common sence arround the forums for a change :tup:

Mike-e-y

Jul 18, 2004
Former Juventus general director Luciano Moggi has hit out against Herbert Fandel, the referee that will take charge of the Champions League final, and also revealsed that Deschamps will stay at Juve.

zoom - galleria Luciano Moggi, the figure who was predominantly involved in the biggest bribing scandal of Italian football, has once again taken the opportunity to make remarks on a couple of things.

Firstly, Moggi has criticized the referee who will manage the Champions League final between AC Milan and Liverpool.

"Oh, I know him," he said. "He’s a dictator, he never admits his own mistakes, like one time when Juventus faced Bayern Munich."

Secondly, Moggi moved on to Deschamps' future with Juve.

"Deschamps has been reconfirmed as Juventus coach and he therefore will stay," he said.

"If he were to leave, then Sampdoria coach Novellino would have taken over his job.

"I think that, in the end, Novellino will end up coaching Napoli."

http://www.goal.com/en/Articolo.aspx?ContenutoId=310537
well moggi said hes staying so i guess he'll be staying.... i wish this guy would keep his mouth closed hes making it seem as though hes still running the club.

I have been highly critical of DD all year and at times he has really frustrated me with his inability to 'change a game' either with subs or with tactical amendments.... hopefully he will have learnt from this experiance and i hope he can put an end to my fears when we return to serie a.

but when i take hindsight into account the man has done a fantastic job that deserves respect. Not at one stage has this been easy for him, at the start of the season he had the problem of motivating players and getting the team to gel, when he overcame this there were the tragic passings of romeo and the two kids, which really shook the staff and playing staff and possibly resulted in the dip in form and also concentration.

then of course there were the injuries that began to massacre us around christmas time, the annoying thing is they all hit solely one position, most notably defence and more recently midfield.

then in the latter part of the season hes had all this pressure from the board, media etc as well as the constant speculation over juventus' future, signings, sackings, sales etc.

the man has had a bloody tough run and hes done a good job. i hope that hes allowed to put his stamp on the team this summer as he seems to have a good eye for talent and i hope that the board get behind his ideas, as someone mentioned earlier, we dont want to end up like inter, sacking our coaches every 6 months

Cronios

Juventolog
Jun 7, 2004

These coaches will own us when we face them, i m not the one in charge, but i would def choose one of them over DD,
we are JUVENTUS ffs,
dont tell me that we cant do better and who said, should we change coach every year? DD will leave soon or later (before or after the disastrous first serie a season) we are going to hire a proper coach soon anyway,
why should we wait another year?
Just to be loyal to our contract with DD? (wich expires next year anyway:D )
And i repeat, i believe the coach's role in the team is over-rated,
but if we give DD the power to do what ever he wishes, it might end up bad,
Secco is also a newbie, we need experience. Those two cant handle it, the signs r already there.
Do we really have to pay for our mistakes when we can evade them?
I cant understand what DD did, that convinced you all,
that he is ready to lead us back were we belong,
we are not as mighty as we were before, we cant afford tactical mistakes.
Neddy's and Camo's fighting spirit and superior skills alone wont be suffice to win us half of the games, as they did this year, we cant afford to draw or loose almost all of the difficult games away, as we did this year, because many more teams will be on par with us next year.(material and tactician wise)
We will need results, not experiments.
I agree, as i ve repeated my self, many times before, that a team shouldnt toy with the coaches position,
the one who will build and coach Juve next year must stick around and finish his job, the years to come.Thats exactly the reason we have to consider DD's department right this year,a coach replacement next year will be out of question and will be, really be a very bad managerial decision.
Personally i m not so confident about DD, i think we can do better, i m just worried about Juve's future in the long run now, is DD the man that will lead us to 4th place this year?
Is DD the man that will make us competitive two-three years from now?
Is DD the man that will build up a team able to compete as Juve in CL?
IS DD the best coach Juve can have to do all this?
If we cant choose a safer solution, then there is no reason for a change,
i m also against changes that happen just for the shake of it, without any plan.
We were a serie B team with a -30point deduction this year, when we choosed this... DD, cant we do any better now?

Vinman

2013 Prediction Cup Champ
Jul 16, 2002
These coaches will own us when we face them, i m not the one in charge, but i would def choose one of them over DD,
we are JUVENTUS ffs,
dont tell me that we cant do better and who said, should we change coach every year? DD will leave soon or later (before or after the disastrous first serie a season) we are going to hire a proper coach soon anyway,
why should we wait another year?
Just to be loyal to our contract with DD? (wich expires next year anyway:D )
And i repeat, i believe the coach's role in the team is over-rated,
but if we give DD the power to do what ever he wishes, it might end up bad,
Secco is also a newbie, we need experience. Those two cant handle it, the signs r already there.
Do we really have to pay for our mistakes when we can evade them?
I cant understand what DD did, that convinced you all,
that he is ready to lead us back were we belong,
we are not as mighty as we were before, we cant afford tactical mistakes.
Neddy's and Camo's fighting spirit and superior skills alone wont be suffice to win us half of the games, as they did this year, we cant afford to draw or loose almost all of the difficult games away, as we did this year, because many more teams will be on par with us next year.(material and tactician wise)
We will need results, not experiments.
I agree, as i ve repeated my self, many times before, that a team shouldnt toy with the coaches position,
the one who will build and coach Juve next year must stick around and finish his job, the years to come.Thats exactly the reason we have to consider DD's department right this year,a coach replacement next year will be out of question and will be, really be a very bad managerial decision.
Personally i m not so confident about DD, i think we can do better, i m just worried about Juve's future in the long run now, is DD the man that will lead us to 4th place this year?
Is DD the man that will make us competitive two-three years from now?
Is DD the man that will build up a team able to compete as Juve in CL?
IS DD the best coach Juve can have to do all this?
If we cant choose a safer solution, then there is no reason for a change,
i m also against changes that happen just for the shake of it, without any plan.
We were a serie B team with a -30point deduction this year, when we choosed this... DD, cant we do any better now?
I agree with you....

I watched DD get out-coached too many times this season, and Prandelli is a step in the right direction if we can't get Lippi back in charge

anyone doubt Prandelli's quality ??

He's a great coach to the young guys, and knows how to get the best out of his veterans...something DD is clueless about

V

Jun 8, 2005
  • V

V

get real, the most difficult job would be to promote Rimini or Madova, being a part of Juve's helm has advantages and disadvantages for every coach that would be at DD's place, we cant use it as an excuse esp for him...
In normal circumstances, yes, it would be harder with Rimini. But this was no normal season, not for us or all the other teams in Serie B. One could say Serie B is a twice as weaker leauge as Serie A, and again in normal circumstances that'd be true, but as soon as a club like Juventus gets there it's a whole different story for everyone involved. The overall standard of the leauge rises, players get motivated, the crowds start going to stadiums. Have you not noticed all those things this season? Playing Albinoleffe in this Serie B was no easier than playing Catania in Serie A, that's how thing were this season. Plus the points disadvantage, lots of players who had unadequate motivation. It's not an excuse for anything, but DD had it all against him and it just goes to his merrit more. It's easy to compair him to someone like Lippi but than again Lippi was never in unusual circumstances and situations, when he was in charge everything was just right. Not taking anything away from Lippi but that's one aspect you should keep in mind. How would he fare with this leauge and circumstances where tactical knowledge doesn't go such a long way, against opponents that don't wanna over-play you but just wanna sweep you of the pitch?

Ahmed

Principino
Sep 3, 2006
DD is a classy manager with a short but proven track record...he is exactly what we need at the moment...it is a new phase in Juventus history and a new man is needed at the helm...most of Lippi's team is now gone and Capello the mofo sold his bunch to the whole world...so now its DD's time to shine...he is excellent with young players - who we r going to rely on much more now - and plays in a fluid attacking style which is very important in Cup competitions - and he is easily amongst the top 10 managers in Europe so i dont see why we should be so concerned

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 4)