Didier Deschamps (7 Viewers)

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
I love Lippi as well, but there is always a time to move on. And that time for Lippi and Juventus was the summer after his last season in charge. The sort of manager we need right now is someone who can help develop starlets such as Marchisio, Palladino and perhaps Nocerino, and that calls for a manager who will be here for a number of years. Lippi, with all due respect to him, would only be a stop-gap measure.

Deschamps deserves time to work out the kinks in the squad and from the looks of it he's done a great job implementing the youth to the squad. Marchisio has improved, Palladino has improved, and now Giovinco has worked his way into the squad after Deschamps gave him a chance. What Juventus needs now is someone who can nurture the growth of these players, so why not just stick with the manager who gave them their first looks on the Juve pitch and has led us back to Serie A in good fashion?

i understand if you think all the sites are inaccurate bullshit rumors. i think most of them are also but to me coach talk is far more grave than player transfer rumors.
It's extremely difficult to sort through what's true and what is just press nonsense. What you should be able to take as true, however, are quotes from individuals. But then you have to evaluate the validity of those quotes, which from our experiance with a guy named Moggi, we really don't have a fucking clue what to believe whatsoever. So we're just fucked.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
Agreed Andy..

Want to see DD confirmed and really don't understand/appreciate the lack of support fans and management are giving him..

Does this come from the senior players?
Does anyone have any indication if the lack of faith is coming from the Buffon/Camo/Trez camp..?
I don't think it's coming from senior players. In actuality, I think Buffon came out recently and said Didier is doing a good job.

Max

Jul 15, 2003
Does this come from the senior players?
Does anyone have any indication if the lack of faith is coming from the Buffon/Camo/Trez camp..?
Nah, it's coming from the shit-stirring biased newspapers camp. Don't worry, just another heaping helping of bullshit they like to feed to Juventus.

Maybe Deschamps wants a lengthier contract or something, and that's why his agent said this...but I'm certain he'll be on the touchline next season.

ReBeL

The Jackal
Jan 14, 2005
Nice posts, Andy...

So, the man isn't appreciated by the management, according to his agent. On the other hand, Secco has confirmed that Deschamps would be on Juve's bench for the next season. What should we believe? :confused:
Of course, we have not to believe Cobolli and Secco because we have a good history of them changing their minds quickly over the last months. DD has the right to ask for some assurance from the management for his future. If they want him, extend his contract. If they don't want him, just tell him. But if they do the later thing, then it will lead to another collapse for their image in the eyes of the fans. DD won't lost anything if they sack him, but we'll lose him.

jukazem

Feb 10, 2007
DD seems to have a much clearer vision of Juve's glorious future than Secco, for that i support his ideas. We should keep him longer. He is atleast better than Lazio's Rossi.

BIG DADDY!!!

Mar 12, 2004
Juve rule out DD 'unrest’ Wednesday 16 May, 2007

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Juventus maintain they are mystified by claims that boss Didier Deschamps is at odds with the Italian giants.

The tactician’s future in Turin has been a source of speculation for some weeks now despite their likely Serie A promotion.

And fuel was added to the fire on Tuesday after his agent claimed that Juve hadn’t shown him the respect he deserves.

“I read what his agent allegedly said and I admit that I didn’t understand it,” said President Giovanni Cobolli Gigli on Wednesday afternoon.

“We know that the club has always considered his work highly and we want to keep him next season as well.

“He is already contracted until 2008 and we are sure that he will meet director general Jean-Claude Blanc shortly to chase all these doubts, that in any case belong to his agent and not to him.

“There is no soap opera regarding Deschamps.”

The chief again confirmed that the club plans to strengthen the squad and he’s hoping that they will compete for the top positions in Serie A.

“We are close to reaching promotion, at the end of a difficult season where we were protagonists despite the many obstacles,” he added.

“Can we win the Scudetto? I am not sure what to answer – if I say we can’t we are accused of not being ambitious, if instead I say we can they say we are crazy.

“That is why I choose to answer that I am sure Juventus will be competitive and will fight for the top spots and important results.”

Channel 4

BIG DADDY!!!

Mar 12, 2004
Didier Deschamps has been given assurances that his long-term future remains at Juventus.

The French tactician is reported to have a difficult relationship with sporting director Alessio Secco, leading to speculation his future may be away from Juve.

But the club's general director, Jean-Claude Blanc, is adamant Deschamps is not going to depart any time soon.

"I can tell you, assure you, Didier will remain Juventus coach next season," Blanc told L'Equipe.

"We are very, very happy to have chosen him last year.

"We have a five-year plan. We have almost reached the first step with us very close to returning to Serie A.

"But it is just the beginning of the story. Our aim is to return to the top in Europe, with Didier at the helm.

"Didier is under contract until 2008. The respect of a contract is also for the coach, not only for the players."

Blanc also rejected talk that Italy's World Cup winning coach Marcello Lippi could have a role to play at the Stadio Delle Alpi.

"Marcello Lippi won't come to Juve, not as a coach or a technical director," he said.

Meanwhile, Blanc insists star goalkeeper Gianluigi Buffon is not for sale at any price.

The Italian international has often been linked with a move away from Juve, but will not be allowed to leave by top club officials.

"On a financial level, we don't need to sell Gianluigi Buffon. Anyway, he is priceless, and not for sale," Blanc added.

Sky Sports

BIG DADDY!!!

Mar 12, 2004
Didi confirms Juve tension Friday 18 May, 2007

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Boss Didier Deschamps has admitted that these are “strange times” at Juventus despite the club being just a win away from Serie A football.

Although the Old Lady look certain to be a top-flight outfit next term, there are serious doubts about whether the Frenchman will still be on their bench.

The tactician's relationship with some at the club is strained and his agent has declared that Juve needed to strengthen his position from a contractual point of view if they wanted him to stay.

“This is a very strange moment for me,” said Deschamps on Friday in the Press conference preceding the match with Arezzo.

“I would rather not comment on or add anything to what was said by my representative.”

Speculation in the media claims that Deschamps is set for showdown talks with director general Jean-Claude Blanc in a bid to iron out his future.

“That is not true,” responded Didier. “I am a Coach who has another year on his contract, now I only want to bring Juve back to Serie A. I don’t think we should talk about anything else.

“There would be many reasons to celebrate for what has been done, but there is a strange situation inside the club as we are not all going in the same direction.”

The Bianconeri travel to Tuscany on Saturday, when the Coach is hoping to make sure of promotion with a win over a side coached by former Juve captain Antonio Conte.

“I hope we can close the issue tomorrow, although I would be disappointed for Conte who is doing well and is fighting to avoid relegation,” he added.

“We will go there to win, without worrying about what our direct competitors do. We have to be proud as without the penalisation we would have 88 points – a record for Serie B.

“I remain optimistic for the future, I would like to win the Scudetto after bringing the side back to Serie A.

“But now let’s achieve promotion and then we will celebrate what we have earned with our hard work.”

Channel 4

Mar 30, 2006
Wenger would be amazing. I would stick with DD still though.

wenger would be awesome. we would play great football.

i wonder if he would consider joining us because we have many good young players that he might like to work with and senior players he admires as well in Trez and Del Piero

i would be overjoyed if he were to sign

although i don't want DD to be betrayed.

conflicted feelings

Lion

King of Tuz
Jan 24, 2007
I Wouldn't mind Wenger as a youth coach/scout. He would get us great young talent for peanuts. It remains to be seen wether he would accept such an offer when he could coahc a big club instead. Imgaine him comming here though (even as a scout) he could bring us Fabregas with him.

wishful thinking though :faq1:

Vinman

2013 Prediction Cup Champ
Jul 16, 2002
Didi confirms Juve tension Friday 18 May, 2007

Boss Didier Deschamps has admitted that these are “strange times” at Juventus despite the club being just a win away from Serie A football.

Although the Old Lady look certain to be a top-flight outfit next term, there are serious doubts about whether the Frenchman will still be on their bench.

The tactician's relationship with some at the club is strained and his agent has declared that Juve needed to strengthen his position from a contractual point of view if they wanted him to stay.

“This is a very strange moment for me,” said Deschamps on Friday in the Press conference preceding the match with Arezzo.

“I would rather not comment on or add anything to what was said by my representative.”

Speculation in the media claims that Deschamps is set for showdown talks with director general Jean-Claude Blanc in a bid to iron out his future.

“That is not true,” responded Didier. “I am a Coach who has another year on his contract, now I only want to bring Juve back to Serie A. I don’t think we should talk about anything else.

“There would be many reasons to celebrate for what has been done, but there is a strange situation inside the club as we are not all going in the same direction.”

The Bianconeri travel to Tuscany on Saturday, when the Coach is hoping to make sure of promotion with a win over a side coached by former Juve captain Antonio Conte.

“I hope we can close the issue tomorrow, although I would be disappointed for Conte who is doing well and is fighting to avoid relegation,” he added.

“We will go there to win, without worrying about what our direct competitors do. We have to be proud as without the penalisation we would have 88 points – a record for Serie B.

“I remain optimistic for the future, I would like to win the Scudetto after bringing the side back to Serie A.

“But now let’s achieve promotion and then we will celebrate what we have earned with our hard work.”

Channel 4
thats what this team needs right now...some fucking controversy :disagree:

we are on the verge of reclaiming our Serie A status, and DD has to rock the boat NOW, at possibly the most critical time of the season

We don't need he or the players worried about anything else right now but the damn game tomorrow....we need a victory !!

DD, you are under contract RIGHT NOW, shut your frog mouth and get these guys ready for tomorrows game !!

worry about your contract at the end of the season...in the meantime, put your tissue box away, and stop crying :agree:

Bozi

The Bozman
Administrator
Oct 18, 2005
Mark77 said that we're linked to Arsene Wenger ???
what?where?i think i just creamed my pants..we would be an incredibly pretty team to watch.....but would ahve to keep trez to finish the moves off

after didi's press confernce i am now convinced he will leave this season, the only question is do we have teh ambition to go for a top manager?sure wenger is halfway through a new generation at arsenal but he will undoubtadly feel frustrated at the lack of finacial muscle arsenal have. with liverpool,chelsea and several other clubs attracting top money he may feel this is the time to move on to a new challenge

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 7)