Didier Deschamps (6 Viewers)

ZAF3000

Feb 14, 2005
DD is talking based on his own abilities , he knows that he cant lead juve to winning the schudetto
This is something noone can tell, yet. I do agree that his comments are usually pesemistic (some would say realistic) regarding next season.

Lets put things in prospective here:

Things that are in our favour for next season:
1- We have the best goalkeeper in the world.
2- We have decent youngsters as in Paro, Marchisio and Palladino (I'd add to them Bojinov but his future is highly doubtful).
3- We have top level forwards as in Del Piero and Trezeguet.
4- Our midfield is somewhat okay. We have Camoranesi and Marchioni plus we have Nedved who is still putting out fantastic performances. For the deffensive and center midfield Zanetti, Paro, Giannichedda and Marchisio are great choices for not only serie B but top level serie A as well.
5- We have no problem what so ever in the left bank. Infact we might have the best players in Italy at thaty position, namely Chielini and Balzaretti.
6- IFIL has injected 100m euro to our disposal. Its true that a good amount will go to paying of debts but still its good money.

Things that are not in our favour:
1- Our current defence are having trouble in Serie B. In Serie A we are better off playing with no deffenders than putting those players; namely boumsong, on the field. We need ATLEAST 2 decent CBs.
2- Our top end players were generous enough to stay with us through this tough year. But they won't stay anymore if the squad doesn't get reinforced with good players.
3- We do not have a proper playmaker.
4- Our management till now haven't showed us any proper support to players, let alone fans. I don't feel that they are as strong as the club. I could be wrong though. There might be many mixed feelings for the Triad but they were strong in their personality and presentation to our Juventus.
5- Deschamps is decent man. A good coach BUT is he scudetto winner type of coach this we do not know. He could be. But we will never know this till next season.

If Juventus want to win or atleast compete for the scudetto next season they must:

1- The management must beleive they want to do so. And MUST know how to do so.
2- We must invest "INTELLEGENTLY" in buying the proper players, unlike Boumsong which was an aweful waste of money. Infact, Newcastle celebrated his departure.
This means buying high quality deffender and playmaker.
3- WE MUST HOLD ON TO OUR PLAYERS (except boumsong).
4- The coach must know his abilities and players. We need creativity in our formation.. We also need depth.

In summary, Deschamps is not the one to blame here.. I think we should start with the management first.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Marc

Softcore Juventino
Jul 14, 2006
i dont know how the writer said that this team could get a top 4 or 5 spot in serie A.But there were very few game that this season that we displayed some top performances.
If we change our mentality we could survive serieA and mybe a uefa cup spot, but i dont think we could get a CL spot.

DD should change his mentality because a team feeds of a coach's positive approach
and he needs to instill a winning mentality and make this squad more resilient as this is one of the traits of this club.
Completely agreed. Well said. :tup:

This is something noone can tell, yet. I do agree that his comments are usually pesemistic (some would say realistic) regarding next season.

Lets put things in prospective here:

Things that are in our favour for next season:
1- We have the best goalkeeper in the world.
2- We have decent youngsters as in Paro, Marchisio and Palladino (I'd add to them Bojinov but his future is highly doubtful).
3- We have top level forwards as in Del Piero and Trezeguet.
4- Our midfield is somewhat okay. We have Camoranesi and Marchioni plus we have Nedved who is still putting out fantastic performances. For the deffensive and center midfield Zanetti, Paro, Giannichedda and Marchisio are great choices for not only serie B but top level serie A as well.
5- We have no problem what so ever in the left bank. Infact we might have the best players in Italy at thaty position, namely Chielini and Balzaretti.
6- IFIL has injected 100m euro to our disposal. Its true that a good amount will go to paying of debts but still its good money.

Things that are not in our favour:
1- Our current defence are having trouble in Serie B. In Serie A we are better off playing with no deffenders than putting those players; namely boumsong, on the field. We need ATLEAST 2 decent CBs.
2- Our top end players were generous enough to stay with us through this tough year. But they won't stay anymore if the squad doesn't get reinforced with good players.
3- We do not have a proper playmaker.
4- Our management till now haven't showed us any proper support to players, let alone fans. I don't feel that they are as strong as the club. I could be wrong though. There might be many mixed feelings for the Triad but they were strong in their personality and presentation to our Juventus.
5- Deschamps is decent man. A good coach BUT is he scudetto winner type of coach this we do not know. He could be. But we will never know this till next season.

If Juventus want to win or atleast compete for the scudetto next season they must:

1- The management must beleive they want to do so. And MUST know how to do so.
2- We must invest "INTELLEGENTLY" in buying the proper players, unlike Boumsong which was an aweful waste of money. Infact, Newcastle celebrated his departure.
This means buying high quality deffender and playmaker.
3- WE MUST HOLD ON TO OUR PLAYERS (except boumsong).
4- The coach must know his abilities and players. We need creativity in our formation.. We also need depth.

In summary, Deschamps is not the one to blame here.. I think we should start with the management first.
Jesus Christ, please cut the slack on Boumsong. He wasn´t a big waste of money cause he was not that expensive, freaking 5 million € is not that big money. For that money we could not buy a better defender and even if we could a lot of players didn´t want to join us given the situation we were in. He improved fairly enough and although he doesn´t give you confidence he was our most reliable central defender this season. He also accepted a big sacrifice and I have big respect for him because of that. I can tell you I am more satisfied with his performances than Kovac and Birindelli. Legrottaglie started to play good recently but he was unavailable for the major part of the season. Chiellini was awesome at this position but if he plays there we have limied choices at LB. On all other things I agree with you. :pint:

Cuti

The Real MC
Jul 30, 2006
La Nazione, giornale storico di Firenze, annuncia questa mattina che l'accordo tra la Fiorentina e Prandelli è vicino. Tuttosport, giornale sportivo di Torino, dice che tra i possibili successori alla panchina della Juventus ci potrebbe essere Prandelli.
Per Tuttosport, Deschamp è vicino all'addio con i bianconeri perchè ha ricevuto un'offerta ghiotta dal Marsiglia e tra i possibili successori ci sono sia Prandelli, sia Ranieri.

La Nazione, a Florence newspaper, announced this morning that the agreement between Prandelli and Fiorentina is near. Tuttosport says that as a successor for the Juve bench is possibly Prandelli. For Tuttosport, Deschamps is close to leaving the bianconeri because he has received an offer from Marseille and possible replacements include Prandelli and even Ranieri

-----------------------

I like Prandelli a lot and he works well with youths. I'd take him at the end of next season if Juve do not do brilliantly with DD next season in Serie A

V

Jun 8, 2005
  • V

V

All DD is doing with this is taking the pressure of the team, which is a good thing.
Exactly. If you remember he said the exact same thing before this season; promotion is not certain, Serie B is difficult, bla, bla.. Just being careful, not getting ahead of himself and taking the pressure off.

ZAF3000

Feb 14, 2005
Exactly. If you remember he said the exact same thing before this season; promotion is not certain, Serie B is difficult, bla, bla.. Just being careful, not getting ahead of himself and taking the pressure off.
I agree with that.. I have nothing against him saying that. He can say whatever he feels like saying or whatever he thinks is appropriate. What I do care about is action. In serie B he said its tough and promotion would be difficult and we have acheived it (not yet but we are almost there). If he wants to pull the same stunt again next season on Serie A then be my guest :)
Don't get me wrong. I want DD to be our coach next season. He earned it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 6)