Didier Deschamps (47 Viewers)

.zero

★ ★ ★
Aug 8, 2006
He deserves a chance in A, even if I'm not encouraged by the idea...
but as of now, he definitely doesn't deserve an extension...:smoke:
hopefully after the summer moves he will have more talent to work with back in A. thats all i'm hoping for if thats the case.

Cuti

The Real MC
Jul 30, 2006
i will nominate your name , moron.
oh no you called me a moron, let me go hang myself. You could nominate my name, but for once you'll know better than that.

Gol di Zalayeta nei tempi supplementari! brings back memories ej.

DD should stay no matter what any person or animal thinks. He got us to first place when we started with -9 points in the hardest Serie B every.

xixi

Sep 5, 2006
oh no you called me a moron, let me go hang myself. You could nominate my name, but for once you'll know better than that.

DD should stay no matter what any person or animal thinks. He got us to first place when we started with -9 points in the hardest Serie B every.[/QUOTE]

he should really thank gigli's hard work to reduce the penalty points as well:tdown:

Cuti

The Real MC
Jul 30, 2006
gigli got the points from -15 to -9 halfway during the season, and while we were -15 we were already about 10th place, so credit to deschamps

xixi

Sep 5, 2006
gigli got the points from -15 to -9 halfway during the season, and while we were -15 we were already about 10th place, so credit to deschamps
it was supposed to be -17, the first penalty is -30, then -17, -9.
imo, dd should thank gigli if he cannot beat other oponents by 30 points above

Cuti

The Real MC
Jul 30, 2006
if we started with -30 we would be 24 points behind genoa who would be first if everything remained the same, 22 behind Napoli who would be second, 14 behind Rimini and Mantova who would be 3rd and 4th, 12 behind Bologna who would be 5th, 11 behind Piacenza who would be 6th.

If we had started with -30 we wouldnt have thrown away those easy games against Arezzo, Cesena, Spezia, Vicenza and would have one at least one of the games against Albinoleffe. That would have been an extra 15 points in the bag which would have taken us into 3rd place. So i still think DD would have done it ahd we started with -30 points

xixi

Sep 5, 2006
if we started with -30 we would be 24 points behind genoa who would be first if everything remained the same, 22 behind Napoli who would be second, 14 behind Rimini and Mantova who would be 3rd and 4th, 12 behind Bologna who would be 5th, 11 behind Piacenza who would be 6th.

If we had started with -30 we wouldnt have thrown away those easy games against Arezzo, Cesena, Spezia, Vicenza and would have one at least one of the games against Albinoleffe. That would have been an extra 15 points in the bag which would have taken us into 3rd place. So i still think DD would have done it ahd we started with -30 points
imo dd did not get his job to play the team's full potential.
if dd did really well with 30 points reduction, i would admire him well
but it never happens, and who knows

Midzata®

Jan 26, 2007
If that, if this...
We're fist if we continued with -30, it's diferent story!
Some will say it would motivate some that it demotivate.
No point of talking now...

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004

DD should stay no matter what any person or animal thinks. He got us to first place when we started with -9 points in the hardest Serie B every.
Apparently some of our fans want us to become the new Inter and hire a new manager every other year.

RAMI-N

★ ★ ★
Aug 22, 2006
Juventus sporting director Alessio Secco has dismissed rumours of a rift between himself and Coach Didier Deschamps.

The tactician recently fuelled speculation of unrest within the outfit after claiming that there was someone at the club who doubted his ability.

However, Secco has rejected whispers that he’s at odds with the tactician who looks likely to lead the club back into Serie A at the first attempt.

“There are no problems of any sort between the club and the tactician,” underlined Secco. “I have a very good relationship with Deschamps and I was the one who brought him to Juve.

“I wanted him here. He is a young guy with new ideas, a great worker and he had all the characteristics we were looking for.

“I read that Deschamps and I fought because of Rio Mavuba [of Bordeaux], but we never even considered the idea of signing him.

“Deschamps will be Juve’s Coach next year as well and he knows that the extension to his contract will be discussed at a later time.”

Turning to transfer matters, Secco again outlined the situation with goalkeeper Gigi Buffon and opened the door for a Torsten Frings swoop.

“There is an agreement with Buffon,” he added. “Once we secure promotion to Serie A we will meet with him to discuss his position.

“We want to keep him with us and I am optimistic that he wants to stay as well,” added the Bianconero.

“As for signings, I don’t really like saying too much at this stage out of respect to the players we already have here.

“However, it is no mystery that we are following him even if he is an important figure for current club Werder Bremen.

“He has the characteristics of a midfielder who we are looking for.”

Football Italia

Byrone

Peen Meister
Dec 19, 2005
I wish I could believe Secco but ill hold my breath until we start the new Serie A season.What irritates when the most is that if we kept ahold of Mutu there would be more money available for priority signings.

.zero

★ ★ ★
Aug 8, 2006
Juventus sporting director Alessio Secco has dismissed rumours of a rift between himself and Coach Didier Deschamps.
spin control+deflection = :blah:

The tactician recently fuelled speculation of unrest within the outfit after claiming that there was someone at the club who doubted his ability.
obviously there is much of that yet shit has yet to hit the fan

However, Secco has rejected whispers that he’s at odds with the tactician who looks likely to lead the club back into Serie A at the first attempt.

“There are no problems of any sort between the club and the tactician,” underlined Secco. “I have a very good relationship with Deschamps and I was the one who brought him to Juve.
spin control+deflection = :blah:

“Deschamps will be Juve’s Coach next year as well and he knows that the extension to his contract will be discussed at a later time.”
well i guess thats not so bad, lets give him the summer to put his team together and then judge :wallbang:

ReBeL

The Jackal
Jan 14, 2005
Deschamps taking wrong approach

Juventus are almost home and dry. Their short stint in the Serie B is practically over with the prospects of a bright new dawning for the glorious club now in the offing.

In the coming weeks, Juventus are expected to make sure of first place in the standings to secure automatic promotion to the top flight.

Although winning the Serie B is no mean feat from all aspects, many sustain that Juve have a more daunting task ahead.

At present, the club is shrouded with speculation on the future of key players like Gianluigi Buffon, David Trezeguet and Mauro German Camoranesi, among others.

Even coach Didier Deschamps, a former Juventus player himself in the 1990s, is not sure of his job after defining Juve's chances in 2007/08 as remote.

Deschamps was criticised for taking a negative stance towards next season but he sustains that he is being 'realistic'.

But, how could Juventus win, or at least make a creditable challenge for next year's title, if their coach has already thrown in the towel?

Many things could happen. The transfer window is not yet open let alone the campaign itself.

To begin with, Deschamps's definition of Juve being a 'Serie A newcomer' in 2007/08 is very modest to say the least. True, Juve are coming from one year in the doldrums of the second division, but, one can safely say that with this squad, Deschamps could have managed a top four or five finish in the Serie A this season.

One also finds it somewhat contradicting hearing Deschamps describing himself as 'ambitious' and, at the same time, ruling the side out of the reckoning without kicking a ball.

Deschamps knows only too well that Juve have to persuade the likes of Buffon, Trezeguet and Camoranesi to stay in Turin.

These three, alongside veterans Pavel Nedved and Alessandro Del Piero, are the pillars of a winning team, no doubt.

To build a valid squad it could take quite some time but the starting point of any new era should be retaining the best players.

Deschamps reiterated that only after the end of next summer's transfer window will he be in a position to set a target for 2007/08.

But, ideally, it should be the other way round as the club will have to strengthen the team according to Deschamps's plans. He has to define which positions should be strengthened and by whom with a view to reaching a pre-set goal.

With Juve out of European football next season, Deschamps has to realise that Inter, Milan and Roma will be focusing on the Champions League. Some players may move elsewhere and, therefore, there will be teams that suddenly become weaker. In my opinion, Juve's chances in 2007/08 aren't so bad.

In recent years, Milan dedicated most of their energies on the Champions League while Roma do not have reserves of strength.

Also, it is still too early to know whether Inter will be consistent enough to repeat their remarkable feats of this season.

Deschamps has to change his mentality as far as the club's future is concerned. Winning for Juventus is a must and, given the right ingredients, they will return to their glory days in due time.

Juve have always been among the favourites in the Serie A and they tend to give their best when least expected... Deschamps should know this very well

By Antoine Dalli

------------------------------------------------

Amen. Deschamps' predictions for Serie A were somehow realistic, but he needs to raise his own morale in order to choose the best players to achieve the best results next season...

sateeh

Day Walker
Jul 28, 2003
Deschamps taking wrong approach

Juventus are almost home and dry. Their short stint in the Serie B is practically over with the prospects of a bright new dawning for the glorious club now in the offing.

In the coming weeks, Juventus are expected to make sure of first place in the standings to secure automatic promotion to the top flight.

Although winning the Serie B is no mean feat from all aspects, many sustain that Juve have a more daunting task ahead.

At present, the club is shrouded with speculation on the future of key players like Gianluigi Buffon, David Trezeguet and Mauro German Camoranesi, among others.

Even coach Didier Deschamps, a former Juventus player himself in the 1990s, is not sure of his job after defining Juve's chances in 2007/08 as remote.

Deschamps was criticised for taking a negative stance towards next season but he sustains that he is being 'realistic'.

But, how could Juventus win, or at least make a creditable challenge for next year's title, if their coach has already thrown in the towel?

Many things could happen. The transfer window is not yet open let alone the campaign itself.

To begin with, Deschamps's definition of Juve being a 'Serie A newcomer' in 2007/08 is very modest to say the least. True, Juve are coming from one year in the doldrums of the second division, but, one can safely say that with this squad, Deschamps could have managed a top four or five finish in the Serie A this season.

One also finds it somewhat contradicting hearing Deschamps describing himself as 'ambitious' and, at the same time, ruling the side out of the reckoning without kicking a ball.

Deschamps knows only too well that Juve have to persuade the likes of Buffon, Trezeguet and Camoranesi to stay in Turin.

These three, alongside veterans Pavel Nedved and Alessandro Del Piero, are the pillars of a winning team, no doubt.

To build a valid squad it could take quite some time but the starting point of any new era should be retaining the best players.

Deschamps reiterated that only after the end of next summer's transfer window will he be in a position to set a target for 2007/08.

But, ideally, it should be the other way round as the club will have to strengthen the team according to Deschamps's plans. He has to define which positions should be strengthened and by whom with a view to reaching a pre-set goal.

With Juve out of European football next season, Deschamps has to realise that Inter, Milan and Roma will be focusing on the Champions League. Some players may move elsewhere and, therefore, there will be teams that suddenly become weaker. In my opinion, Juve's chances in 2007/08 aren't so bad.

In recent years, Milan dedicated most of their energies on the Champions League while Roma do not have reserves of strength.

Also, it is still too early to know whether Inter will be consistent enough to repeat their remarkable feats of this season.

Deschamps has to change his mentality as far as the club's future is concerned. Winning for Juventus is a must and, given the right ingredients, they will return to their glory days in due time.

Juve have always been among the favourites in the Serie A and they tend to give their best when least expected... Deschamps should know this very well

By Antoine Dalli

------------------------------------------------

Amen. Deschamps' predictions for Serie A were somehow realistic, but he needs to raise his own morale in order to choose the best players to achieve the best results next season...
i dont know how the writer said that this team could get a top 4 or 5 spot in serie A.But there were very few game that this season that we displayed some top performances.
If we change our mentality we could survive serieA and mybe a uefa cup spot, but i dont think we could get a CL spot.

DD should change his mentality because a team feeds of a coach's positive approach
and he needs to instill a winning mentality and make this squad more resilient as this is one of the traits of this club.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 46)