Didier Deschamps (10 Viewers)

Marc

Softcore Juventino
Jul 14, 2006
That could be a nice way to get rid of DD and sign Lippi again...
:tdown:

Deschamps worried: here’s why

30.04.2007, 08:57

He would like new signings, but Lippi’s shadow looms over him: these are the reasons why Juventus manager Deschamps is worried. He is at odds with sporting director Secco over the new signings: Deschamps would like to buy Gerrard, but he is too expensive and Almiron will arrive instead.

Another disagreement is on the new striker: Deschamps wanted Toni, the bianconeri prefer Iaquinta.

Juventus will speak to Manchester United about Vidic (offer of 14 million euros) and Heinze (worth 5 million). Meanwhile, Camoranesi is consdering staying in Turin.
(Tuttosport)
Why oh why does the board not listen to Deschamps´s wishes? :wallbang:

BIG DADDY!!!

Mar 12, 2004
DD flattered by Lyon interest Tuesday 1 May, 2007

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Didier Deschamps has committed himself to Juventus, although he admits that he is flattered by Lyon’s reported interest.

The tactician was linked with the French champions who are looking for a new boss to replace Gerard Houllier, who looks set to leave the club after securing their sixth consecutive Ligue 1 title.

“Now I am here, I like it here and my family enjoys living in Turin,” said Deschamps after Juve’s win over Frosinone on Tuesday, their 25th victory in 26 matches.

“It is logical that I am flattered by the fact that an important club such as Lyon are interested in my services,” added the Frenchman.

“However, now I am here and I am Juve’s Coach. I will never dare to speak with another club, out of respect for what Juventus have given me.

“I am working hard to bring the team back to Serie A, my position is clear,” concluded Deschamps.

The Bianconeri have moved closer to their return to top-flight football with Tuesday’s win, maintaining their eight-point lead over Genoa as they wait for Napoli’s evening match with Albinoleffe.

Channel 4

Marc

Softcore Juventino
Jul 14, 2006
I believe Deschamps won´t leave us. And I think the board needs to show more confidence and respect to him and listen to his requests.

RAMI-N

★ ★ ★
Aug 22, 2006
Juventus Coach Didier Deschamps was pleased with the 2-0 win over Frosinone, which allowed the club to move closer to their return to Serie A.
A second-half brace from Marcelo Zalayeta was enough to give the precious away win to the Bianconeri, who remain seven points clear of Napoli at the top of Serie B.
“I am glad with our performance, although Frosinone did not play as well as I had seen them do on Saturday against Brescia,” said Deschamps after the match.
“Today I decided to opt for rotation, as when you are forced to play every three or four days you have to try to involve all the players in the squad,”:shifty: added the Frenchman.
“Obviously it isn’t easy to leave men like David Trezeguet or Alex Del Piero on the bench, but I had to take this decision.
“Today we needed to be more practical than spectacular, Frosinone are a difficult side to face and caused trouble to Napoli as well in their home match.
“In any case, we controlled the match and secured the win without taking too many risks,” concluded Deschamps.
Juve will travel to Cesena over the weekend, before hosting Bologna at the Stadio Olimpico on Week 38.

Football Italia

Oggy

and the Cockroaches
Dec 27, 2005
:tdown:

Why oh why does the board not listen to Deschamps´s wishes? :wallbang:

Probably cuz they can't sign Gerrard, c'mon be real a little. Everyone would love to have Gerrard or Ronaldinho or Mesi but how much is that possible to sign theese players. I think DD's wishes a little too unrealistic.

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
Probably cuz they can't sign Gerrard, c'mon be real a little. Everyone would love to have Gerrard or Ronaldinho or Mesi but how much is that possible to sign theese players. I think DD's wishes a little too unrealistic.
:agree:

Marc

Softcore Juventino
Jul 14, 2006
I´m sure DD has a reserve plan if we fail to sign a certain player. If the board wants Juve to compete for trophies then they have to work on fulfilling DD´s requests, not work on their own. Probably DD is not satisfiesd with Secco´s choices. And tbh, I think we can still attract some big names, not as much as before but we will get back to that point soon.

What is more important is that if we don´t sign big names, we should at least sign good players who have potential to reach the star status with Juventus. :smoke:

sateeh

Day Walker
Jul 28, 2003
I believe Deschamps won´t leave us. And I think the board needs to show more confidence and respect to him and listen to his requests.
Gerrard wouldn't only be unrealistic but even if he would come , we would have to break the bank which we don't have!

He needs to get a bit more realistic in his signings imo ,if that article was true ofcourse

Redangel

Mar 7, 2003
Nonostante la Juventus sia ormai ad un passo dal ritorno in Serie A, continuano ad esserci dubbi sul futuro di Didier Deschamps sulla panchina della Vecchia Signora, con l'ombra di Marcello Lippi che si allunga sul tecnico francese.

La calvalcata bianconera non pare infatti aver convinto la dirigenza del club di Corso Galileo ferraris a prolungare a Didì il contratto in scadenza nel 2008 (DD contract expires in 2008) e il diretto interessato vede dietro questa decisione la volontà di alcuni uomini della stanza dei bottoni bianconera, in particolare il direttore sportivo Alessio Secco e il consulente Roberto Bettega, che spingerebbero infatti per il ritorno di Marcello Lippi. Secco and Bettega push for Lippi return)

In realtà, una nuova avventura di Lippi a Torino sarebbe al momento più legata al ruolo di direttore tecnico, una sorta di supervisore di tutte le squadre, ma è chiaro che non tutti alla Juventus sono rimasti soddisfatti del lavoro fatto compiuto da Deschamps e che, ai primi problemi nel prossimo campionato di A, Didì potrebbe ritrovarsi sostituito dall'ex-ct.
It seems that Lippi's return would be as Technical Manager, a sort of supervisor of all Juve teams, but he also could take DD place in every moment.

Oltretutto l'allenatore di Bayonne sta avendo crescenti contrasti con le scelte di mercato di Secco - con il quale ha già avuto qualche battibecco indiretto - e Bettega: lui chiede Toni e la dirigenza gli propone Bianchi e Iaquinta (non a caso un uomo di Lippi), vorrebbe a tuti i costi Malouda mentre gli uomini di mercato vorrebbero il più economico Rio Mavuba mentre in difesa sogna Heinze, già avuto al Monaco, ma Torino gli viene prospettato Milito.
Furthermore there are also problems with the market:
DD wants Toni, but Juve Management offers Bianchi and Iaquinta (this one Lippi's man), he asks for Malouda but Juve M. want to give him Vavuba, he would like Heinze, but they want give him Milito.

Nel frattempo, Lippi evita ogni commento sulle sue possibilità di un ritorno alla Juventus: "Io alla Juventus? Non posso e non voglio rispondere a questa domanda, perché la Juventus ha un allenatore che sta lavorando bene, come del resto tutti i miei colleghi - ha detto Lippi - Tuttora ho un grande rapporto con i tifosi bianconeri e io a Torino sono sempre stato bene come nelle altre città in cui ho lavorato".

Frasi che non sono certo suonate come una "garanzia" per Deschamps, che d'altra parte può farsi forte dell'interesse nei suoi confronti del Lione, dove potrebbe ereditare il posto di Gerard Houllier, ambito dalla Federazione Francese.

Situazione sempre più fluida, dunque, dalle parti di Corso Galileo Ferraris e l'impressione che si ha è che a fine stagione, con la Juventus promossa, si assisterà ad un confronto sereno ma decisivo tra il tecnico e la dirigenza.

Dirigenza che pare sempre più tentata ad affrontare il prossimo campionato, prevedibilmente difficile per il rischio di non soddisfare immediatamente i sogni dei tifosi bianconeri, con un "ombrello" d'eccezione come Marcello Lippi, che potrebbe anche diventare una garanzia di futuro d'alto livello per campioni come Gigi Buffon, convincendoli così a restare.
Important also the fact that with Lippi arrival, probably important players like Buffon could remain at Juve

ReBeL

The Jackal
Jan 14, 2005
Secco today laughed on the rumours saying that there are some problems between him & DD. He assured everybody that the results of the club now are the merit of DD, and he reminded everybody too that he was one of the juve management that brought DD to the club's bench...

Midzata®

Jan 26, 2007
I also think that those are just rumors and are pointed in destablishing the atmosphere. DD is doing just fine & remember WHO took the job when we most needed the help! DD, Secco & Bettega are constantly expresing that there won't be a coach change, & why should be?
If anyone is against DD name the reasons...

RAMI-N

★ ★ ★
Aug 22, 2006
uventus are on their way back to Serie A, but Didier Deschamps has warned not to expect a Scudetto challenge immediately.

“As Alessandro Del Piero said, we have to take some of the questions marks off our credentials. First of all by gaining promotion, then becoming competitive in Serie A. I am ambitious too, but coming from Serie B it will be extremely difficult to win the Scudetto. It would be a Utopia.”

Congratulations were forthcoming to title winners Inter, although Deschamps and his men did not appreciate the constant snide comments about how ‘clean’ their victory was.

“In the future we must all set aside this tension for the good of the sport. Inter would do well to enjoy their win, for next year it will be different.

“We had a few problems in January when we lost a lot of defenders and it won’t be so easy to use young players in the top flight, but overall we can look to the future with confidence.”

The transfer market has dominated the campaign in Turin and Juve have already snapped up several reinforcements, including Bayern Munich’s Hasan Salihamidzic and Zdenek Grygera of Ajax.

“It’s good to pick up young players like Criscito to focus on the next four or five years, but we also have to find champions that can lift us up the quality ladder immediately. There is no time to lose,” added Deschamps.

“We are closing in on the finish line and the trip to Cesena will be a very important game,” he said ahead of tomorrow night’s match.

“After that there will be just five rounds left and we will have, hopefully, emerged unbeaten from our third consecutive away tie. These are always psychologically tricky for us.”

Football Italia

Mike-e-y

Jul 18, 2004
DD was an idiot again today and failed to make any difference to the teams performance, hopefully secco's "vote of confidence" is a smoke screen and we replce him, hes too young and inexperienced to point us in the right direction

d.nico

Apr 23, 2003
In my book, it takes extra ordinary people to lead Juventus. DD is a good coach but not an extra ordinary one. At least he has not proved him self yet. I hope he proves me wrong.

HelterSkelter

Apr 15, 2005
And the DD insulting begins.

Young and inexperienced he may be,but he isnt a bad coach.Infact he's pretty good.He may not be a Mourinho,but he is still good enough help us get back our glory days.A Lippi return would be very tempting no matter how hard we try to think that his era with the club is over,but id rather have DD at the club and see him develop into the new Lippi.

Forza DD.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 9)