Didier Deschamps (4 Viewers)

Neddy

Aug 8, 2006
DD isn't that stupid when it comes to tactics imo.Don't forget that he was in CL final 2003/2004 with Monaco. They kicked out Real Madrid & Chelsea,this can't be just luck. And the players weren't that good at that time, so he had a big impact on the road to the final of Monaco.But that's just my opinion, I think he will be our coach next season and we should all respect that&give him a chance to prove himself.
I agree that he had a big impact that Monaco reached the Final, and that he deserves a chance.....
But imo, Monaco had a great team that year and the players was also good as they are now i think. Great names as, Evra, Giuly, Morientes, Cisse, Rothen and Rodriguez was in the line-up, so it was a great team imo...:D

btw. Monaco hasn't done anything since that final...:p

Buy on AliExpress.com

Ascension

Sep 16, 2005
DD isn't that stupid when it comes to tactics imo.Don't forget that he was in CL final 2003/2004 with Monaco. They kicked out Real Madrid & Chelsea,this can't be just luck. And the players weren't that good at that time, so he had a big impact on the road to the final of Monaco.But that's just my opinion, I think he will be our coach next season and we should all respect that&give him a chance to prove himself.
+ Rep :pint::touched:

.zero

★ ★ ★
Aug 8, 2006
I agree with u about the Lippi part...
But we dont have years to build a winning team...all are asking for immediate impact in serie A next year ( CL spot at least)...thats why I complain about DD...
If we are planning for the future, then I agree with u that we must give DD at least 1 more year...!
Thats all....we have to set our objectives first :smoke:
i totally agree, i am expecting CL next season but not really being able to compete in A. if we dont make the signings that we talk about on this forum then i am predicted that we finish 5th or 6th in A next season. worst would be in the latter half of the top 10 of the table.

elro

Apr 8, 2007
Juventus Coach Didier Deschamps believes that Gianluigi Buffon won’t leave the club at the end of the season.

The goalkeeper has warned that he might be tempted by a summer move as he is desperate to return to the Champions League – something which won’t be possible in Turin until 2008.

“Now I only want him to remain focused on reaching Serie A as soon as possible,” said Deschamps in the Press conference preceding Tuesday’s showdown with Napoli.

“He has a long contract and I cannot believe that Juve will let him go, seeing the outfit’s ambitions.

“There are no other goalkeepers like him around, selling him would be like shooting your foot and then trying to run.”

David Trezeguet was also linked with a transfer, but recently stated that he was willing to stay even if Juve aren’t in next year’s Champions League.

“I am not surprised that the players now want to stay, many things have changed since July,” revealed the ex-Monaco boss.

“Trezeguet is part of the club’s plans and I am sure he will be offered a contract extension, which he will consider carefully.”

Deschamps can count on Alex Del Piero for tomorrow’s match in a sold out Stadio Olimpico, as the captain has recovered from a minor injury and has been training with the rest of the squad.

“He is eager to do well and is an example for all our younger players. We will try to win, but a draw would be fine as well, because it would leave us six points ahead of Napoli,” concluded Deschamps.

Channel 4

What is Deschamps thinking, drawing against Napoli? Atleast he thinks Gigi is staying though..

btw first post <_<;

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
To be honest, there are several midfielders better than Giannichedda and Paro in Serie B, so when we are limited to fielding those two centrally in a match we are not going to be able to wow the crowd... no disrespect to Paro but he has a lot of improving to do before he becomes a starter for Juventus. Furthermore, the amount of injuries we have had really halts our progression as a cohesive side. You cannot expect a team filled with youngsters and second-rate players to perform cohesively to their best ability after a summer of demotion and sweeping changes across the club... including the manager. So we have a situation on our hands where we need to give our manager a little more time to sort his side... and himself... out a little more. I gave Capello a season to see what he could do and his intentions and I personally feel that a season of transition time for Deschamps is thoroughly needed and owed as well..

Vinman

2013 Prediction Cup Champ
Jul 16, 2002
its no surprise here that after DD made the comments regarding the satisfaction of a draw tomorrow, I am giving him a vote of NO confidence :tdown:

Snoop

Sabet is a nasty virgin
Oct 2, 2001
To be honest, there are several midfielders better than Giannichedda and Paro in Serie B, so when we are limited to fielding those two centrally in a match we are not going to be able to wow the crowd... no disrespect to Paro but he has a lot of improving to do before he becomes a starter for Juventus. Furthermore, the amount of injuries we have had really halts our progression as a cohesive side. You cannot expect a team filled with youngsters and second-rate players to perform cohesively to their best ability after a summer of demotion and sweeping changes across the club... including the manager. So we have a situation on our hands where we need to give our manager a little more time to sort his side... and himself... out a little more. I gave Capello a season to see what he could do and his intentions and I personally feel that a season of transition time for Deschamps is thoroughly needed and owed as well..
I agree with everything you said here, but how we disagreed that the team shoudn't get booed because of the performance, that thing I can't understand Andy. :confused:

sateeh

Day Walker
Jul 28, 2003
:agree:

and abt the first point, ppl think we have the best midfield partnership in serie B and thats very wrong as there at least 3-4 teams with better partnerships and 5-6 with better players in that position.

Give the guy something to work with then judge him, i scrutinize his tactics a lot but even with that there are way too many factors in this season to have a good look at DD and how he handles things.

Cronios

Juventolog
Jun 7, 2004
:blah: these could be valid points,
if we were still a part of serie A,
but we compete against serie b teams, we have no excuses!
Andy just look at the rosters some of those teams have, even Gianni can be considered a luxury for them, let alone keeping him on the bench...
We have world cup winners in our squad and most of their players will never play a single game in any national team.
Our material as a team, is unquestionable, even now,
for serie b standards of course,
other teams have also injury problems, financial, managerial, structural, stadium and even more and much more serious problems, that even threaten their very existence as FCs, its a shame we cant compete with them...
DD must prove (just once, in our field) that the huge quality gap/advantage he has over in other managers in serie b, material wise, is not the only reason he is in charge of the serie b standings,
he has to prove that despite the names, he also has a team...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 4)