Didier Deschamps (4 Viewers)

RAMI-N

★ ★ ★
Aug 22, 2006
I think the 'Realism' is for the media,so they dont hype up Juventus.Internally,i think he'd tell the squad that they can get the scudetto.
:agree: I agree with you...
these comments are just for media and shareholders!
with players, he would/should have said something else!

sateeh

Day Walker
Jul 28, 2003
DD's tactic is probably to keep upper management from getting too exhuberant, thinking they can get by with a Scudetto-winning club by spending a little here and there on summer transfers.

Problem is that it's created a catch-22 for himself ... if the players don't think he has confidence in them, that's not exactly a winning spirit to start the next season.
the players themselves should know that this squad isn't good enough for serie A. Thankfully the more experienced ones know that, i guess it will be past the issue of trust to the issue of sheer quality and the abilities of players to actually make a difference and add something to the team.

Elvin

Nov 25, 2005
Deschamps keeps it real Friday 23 March, 2007

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Didier Deschamps has underlined that Juventus will need to spend big in the summer if they hope to be immediately competitive in Serie A.

Both FIAT President Luca Cordero Di Montezemolo and director general Jean-Claude Blanc have optimistically predicted that the side will fight for major honours next term, but the tactician is keeping his feet on the ground.

“As I have already said, as it stands this squad can’t fight for the Scudetto,” noted the Coach on Friday.

“But if this group of players is confirmed and a number of new players arrive then I could change my mind.

“My evaluation shouldn’t hamper anyone’s desire to be ambitious. I’m ambitious too, but I have to be objective.

“I don’t want to wipe out our dream, because we all must continue to give our all for the team,” he continued.

“However, there are clubs who will be favoured over us and we must keep this in mind. We can’t think that one year will be enough to reach their level.

“We will be competitive and we can fight for the top positions, but it wouldn’t be logical to think that we are as strong as Milan, Inter and Roma.”

Juventus won’t be in action domestically this weekend given that international commitments have seen their Week 31 showdown against Napoli rescheduled for April 10.

As a result, the Old Lady of Italian football will face Standard Liege in a friendly match on Saturday evening instead.

“I will field the players who have had less opportunities to play so far,” added Deschamps, who is set to field Primavera starlet Sebastian Giovinco.

“This match will give us the chance to taste European football again, taking advantage of the international break.”
I hope it won't be one of those cases, when "keeping it real" gooooes wrong :D

Juventinoo

Ertuğrul Oğlu Osman
Oct 20, 2004
u know , it's a bad to have two different opinions in one enviroment , that means there is something wrong or at least signals something .... for me DD response is wrong , we cant aim for a place in europe if we didn't aim at least to be in the 2nd rank,...Coboli response is also wrong, you'r sizeing DD in the eyes of your players..

Ahmedios

Nov 11, 2006
Deschamps defends Del Piero

Juventus boss Didier Deschamps expects Alessandro Del Piero to be on the bench for Italy’s clash against Scotland.

“Whether he plays or not, I hope that he is relaxed in the Azzurri camp and returns to Turin with the same enthusiasm with which he left,” said the Frenchman.

Always a divisive figure on the international stage, Alex has his staunch supporters and those who have still not forgiven him for the misses of 1998 and 2000.

“There always has to be talk about Del Piero and he never leaves people indifferent. It is a complicated matter and he experienced much the same situation at Juve last year.

“The interpretation of his performance and consistency is so often different. I don’t believe this is a positive aspect for him, as the talk can take away some of his confidence.”

The Juventus captain was often left on the bench by Fabio Capello last season, but has been sparkling in Serie B and is topping the Capocannoniere charts with 15 goals.

“He is having a great campaign and I hope he enjoys this break for the national side,” added Deschamps.

Del Piero is one of several players away on international duty, so Juve have postponed today’s Serie B match with Napoli to April 10. Brescia-Triestina and Treviso-Pescara were rescheduled for the same reason.

“It is not an ideal situation for me, because I will only have the complete squad back at my disposal on Thursday afternoon. It won’t be easy to utilise those players on Saturday. I hope it all goes well and that they return with their confidence boosted.”
Source: Channel 4

.zero

★ ★ ★
Aug 8, 2006
so DD says no scudetto next year and trez says yes. seems like we have a disagreement on aspirations and expectations :p Deschamps needs to man up and put goals in his players minds. if you tell the world that you can't compete for the top spot then what kind of message does that send to your players? and if was trying to spin the issue to elude the media then its still bad tact.

JuveAdam

Moggi santo..subito
Sep 12, 2006
Deschamps keeps it real Friday 23 March, 2007

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Didier Deschamps has underlined that Juventus will need to spend big in the summer if they hope to be immediately competitive in Serie A.

“As I have already said, as it stands this squad can’t fight for the Scudetto,” noted the Coach on Friday.

But if this group of players is confirmed and a number of new players arrive then I could change my mind.

Looking at DD's comments from an objective angle, & reading between the lines he is merely saying what the rest of us have been voicing our opinion on in countless threads in the "Transfer Talk" forums. Without additions this squad is NOT good enough to compete for lo scudetto. Anyone thinking otherwise is deluding themselves. We DO need to strenghten, we do need 3 or for (& maybe more than this) starting XI players to fight for the title & return to our usual spot. Hope Inter have enjoyed keeping it warm for us.......

.zero

★ ★ ★
Aug 8, 2006
Looking at DD's comments from an objective angle, & reading between the lines he is merely saying what the rest of us have been voicing our opinion on in countless threads in the "Transfer Talk" forums. Without additions this squad is NOT good enough to compete for lo scudetto. Anyone thinking otherwise is deluding themselves. We DO need to strenghten, we do need 3 or for (& maybe more than this) starting XI players to fight for the title & return to our usual spot. Hope Inter have enjoyed keeping it warm for us.......
i'm pretty sure we all agree that we cannot compete next year with our current roster. the problem is that by him saying it to everyone not only demotivates our own players but it also frightens away players who were once considering signing on. it affects our off season moves and perceptions also.

Tobias

Guerriero
Sep 20, 2006
i'm pretty sure we all agree that we cannot compete next year with our current roster. the problem is that by him saying it to everyone not only demotivates our own players but it also frightens away players who were once considering signing on. it affects our off season moves and perceptions also.
:agree: word

RAMI-N

★ ★ ★
Aug 22, 2006
Juventus were held to a 1-1 draw by Arezzo(Albi?!!!) at the Olimpico stadium of Turin, with the visitors being the only team so far in the season that the Bianconeri did not manage to beat.
Didier Deschamps still sees that a lot of improvement needs to be made following his side’s disappointing draw against the Bergamaschi.
"I knew that Albinoleffe are really good at defending themselves: without the ball they stay with ten men behind and close down the spaces well. Then they have players with impressive physical strength.
"In the first half we suffered the usual difficulties: we got the technical gestures wrong and we lacked the speed in moving the ball. We cannot always play matches at our best.
"There are still moments in which we have some distractions. We must still improve: unfortunately we make just one small mistake and we pay dearly for it."
Juventus’ lead at the top of Serie B decreased to 4 points and the Bianconeri will now be facing Napoli in a match which could either close the league issue or re-open it.

Goal.com

Ascension

Sep 16, 2005
Yeah, I don't give a fuck if the Italian fans and some members here on this board think Didier Deschamps should be fired.

The only coach I would make way for is Lippi. And we all know why.

Deschamps is a good coach. How long did he coach us? Less than a year.

It took years for Alex Ferguson to create a winning team.

Why is it different with DD? What makes him so special? He is just a man like you and me. :)

RAMI-N

★ ★ ★
Aug 22, 2006
Yeah, I don't give a fuck if the Italian fans and some members here on this board think Didier Deschamps should be fired.

The only coach I would make way for is Lippi. And we all know why.

Deschamps is a good coach. How long did he coach us? Less than a year.

It took years for Alex Ferguson to create a winning team.

Why is it different with DD? What makes him so special? He is just a man like you and me. :)
I agree with u about the Lippi part...
But we dont have years to build a winning team...all are asking for immediate impact in serie A next year ( CL spot at least)...thats why I complain about DD...
If we are planning for the future, then I agree with u that we must give DD at least 1 more year...!
Thats all....we have to set our objectives first :smoke:

Ascension

Sep 16, 2005
Hey, I was one of the first one on this forum who even thought of hoping for Scudetto 2008.

To answer your question: I want immediate success and I think BOTH Deschamps or Lippi would give that.

RAMI-N

★ ★ ★
Aug 22, 2006
Hey, I was one of the first one on this forum who even thought of hoping for Scudetto 2008.

To answer your question: I want immediate success and I think BOTH Deschamps or Lippi would give that.
It all depends on what players we bring over the summer in the first place...then its the coach...
for DD I have my doubts, as you know that at high level, games sometimes won by coach tactics not players...(which DD cant offer at least ATM)

Alltagsheld

Oct 10, 2006
It all depends on what players we bring over the summer in the first place...then its the coach...
for DD I have my doubts, as you know that at high level, games sometimes won by coach tactics not players...(which DD cant offer at least ATM)
We all need to accept that he'll probably stay. He does quite a few mistakes atm, but maybe he can grow into his task. This SerieB adventure is a difficult test and so far, he has passed it without a doubt. We're on top, even though everyone plays with more than 100% against us, sometimes maybe even the referees.
We should not have too high expectations for the first year in SerieA. IMo it would be unrealistic to hope for Scudetto. We should use this chance, yes, chance, our comeback year to see what Juve's future shall look like and if DD should be a part of it. I say: Give this man some time, he's not doing too bad.

Marceℓℓo

Mar 16, 2007
DD isn't that stupid when it comes to tactics imo.Don't forget that he was in CL final 2003/2004 with Monaco. They kicked out Real Madrid & Chelsea,this can't be just luck. And the players weren't that good at that time, so he had a big impact on the road to the final of Monaco.But that's just my opinion, I think he will be our coach next season and we should all respect that&give him a chance to prove himself.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 4)