Didier Deschamps (4 Viewers)

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
shows how much you know...

as everyone else already said, we didnt sack Lippi
But we should have if he hadn't have left at the end of that season.

I got tired of seeing our defense shredded to pieces, giving up team-record numer of goals by midseason. (Ouch -- 42 goals conceded in Serie A by season's end.) By Totti waving four fingers in our faces because Roma literally owned us that year. By fans who, rather than asking for heads of our opponents, politely clapped as Juve lost at home to bow out to Deportivo in the CL because they didn't expect much of anything better.

Lippi needed to leave town in a big way, as we were sucking wind with him at the helm in 2003-4.

I'd like to move on and not try to pretend like it's 1996 all over again, because it's not 1996. And other clubs who know it's not 1996 are going to walk all over us while we dream of the past instead of the present or future.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Vinman

2013 Prediction Cup Champ
Jul 16, 2002

I got tired of seeing our defense shredded to pieces, giving up team-record numer of goals by midseason. (Ouch -- 42 goals conceded in Serie A by season's end.) By Totti waving four fingers in our faces because Roma literally owned us that year. By fans who, rather than asking for heads of our opponents, politely clapped as Juve lost at home to bow out to Deportivo in the CL because they didn't expect much of anything better.

Lippi needed to leave town in a big way, as we were sucking wind with him at the helm in 2003-4.

I'd like to move on and not try to pretend like it's 1996 all over again, because it's not 1996. And other clubs who know it's not 1996 are going to walk all over us while we dream of the past instead of the present or future.
like I said in my previous post, Lippi wasnt the only one to blame for the defense in the 2003-04 season. The triade didnt bring in any reinforcements, and could have made a move in the transfer market in January of '04...but didnt, with Moggi stating that the defense was still good enough with Iuliano, Montero, and Legro, to win the scudetto...he was wrong !!

And yes Gregger, its not 1996, its 2007.... and Lippi is a WORLD CHAMPION COACH !!:agree:

x-japan

Dec 31, 2006
like I said in my previous post, Lippi wasnt the only one to blame for the defense in the 2003-04 season. The triade didnt bring in any reinforcements, and could have made a move in the transfer market in January of '04...but didnt, with Moggi stating that the defense was still good enough with Iuliano, Montero, and Legro, to win the scudetto...he was wrong !!

And yes Gregger, its not 1996, its 2007.... and Lippi is a WORLD CHAMPION COACH !!:agree:
-Yeah, that season most of our team was in bad form, especially defenders, Montero not as good as he was in 02-03, Ferrara one year older, and Thuram, the highest average rating in 02-03 turn into one of the ten worst players in serie A while Legrot simply a disaster

sateeh

Day Walker
Jul 28, 2003
Agreed with Swag & Mark77

i just have a question to Vinman, do you think that sacking Deshamps at the end of the season would benefit the team?

As Lippi had problems in 2004 and Deschamps from this season had problems in regards of original roster and injuries.

I criticize DD about his tactical decisions but we have to remember he is a young coach and he will improve imo.I certainly saw that in the last match.

abt Lippi and season 2004, Legro was the brightest defensive player in Italy at that time(just like *cough* Barzagli *cough* now) and from his previous performances he should've done better.

Maher

Juventuz addict
Dec 16, 2002
Juventus want Deschamps to work with Lippi

Marcello Lippi could still return to Juventus for their new Serie A campaign.

Check the source: Tribalfootball
_______________________________________​

I find nothing embarrasing for Deschamps working alongside Marcelo Lippi. Some people may consider this as being a backward step in the former's career, but in my opinion, working with Lippi is an honour.
great news that lippi will be back :agree:

Snoop

Sabet is a nasty virgin
Oct 2, 2001
but you call Didier a chump for the same reasons, he didn't have the options to bring players in..

Jem83

maitre'd at Canal Bar
Nov 7, 2005

You're right

Vinman

2013 Prediction Cup Champ
Jul 16, 2002
but you call Didier a chump for the same reasons, he didn't have the options to bring players in..
you tell me what kind of tactical sense you believe DD has

also tell me if you think he's playing the players in their correct positions (Neddy, and when he throws Palla out on the wing in the midfield)

how about his inconsistent substitutions...and how lost he looks when teams arent afraid of us, and actually attack us

and the funny thing is, we have a better team that any other Serie B team, so the players quality isnt the problem...its how their being coached !!

you want me to answer the above questions about Lippi, then we'll be here for awhile

sateeh said:
i just have a question to Vinman, do you think that sacking Deshamps at the end of the season would benefit the team?
you are asking me if bringing in a better, proven coach at the end of the season will benefit the team ??

The answer is pretty obvious, so I'll ask you the same question, and see if we have the same answer

sateeh

Day Walker
Jul 28, 2003

also tell me if you think he's playing the players in their correct positions (Neddy, and when he throws Palla out on the wing in the midfield)

how about his inconsistent substitutions...and how lost he looks when teams arent afraid of us, and actually attack us

and the funny thing is, we have a better team that any other Serie B team, so the players quality isnt the problem...its how their being coached !!

you want me to answer the above questions about Lippi, then we'll be here for awhile

you are asking me if bringing in a better, proven coach at the end of the season will benefit the team ??

The answer is pretty obvious, so I'll ask you the same question, and see if we have the same answer
To me Consistency and Harmony in the team is one of the essential keys to success.So if we r going to retain most of this squad for next season, then DD should be on the bench.

So to me, its important that DD be on the bench next season in serie A.

Tactically DD is no where near the best option out there.FFs the only coach with a bit of a national reputation of being good(Cosmi) completely destroyed him.

But to be fair to him, in regards to results there were more individual mistakes than tactical ones.

RAMI-N

★ ★ ★
Aug 22, 2006
Im not with changing coaches every now and then...
But up to date, DD lost every tactical battle with other coaches in B. Also I didnt see any match that we won thanks to DD's tactics !

Gill_juve

May 29, 2006

capello was a good tactician did he play nedved in his centre midfield role? no. and as for DD, we hes worked in football for 20 years and knows what he is doing

Snoop

Sabet is a nasty virgin
Oct 2, 2001

I am not telling you that Didier is a tactical Genius, or that he is better than Lippi.. he isn't, and I don't think he will be as good as him the next 5 years or more.. But I can't blame everything on DD, he didn't build this squad, he could be an ass at the start of the season and say that I want new players I want this and that, did you hear that from him? the answer is no.. he understood the situation and doing a great job with a squad that wasn't his plan to have it.. there are players that need to be transfered from this squad because of their laziness (who don't give 100% to the game).

All these will happen the next season, he will ask the players he wants (since we read that we don't have cash problems anymore), and he will have the full responsibility.. he will also need a few months for the new players to adapt.. If that times passes and we aren't playing good football, then you will have the right to judge him.. but not now FFS

RAMI-N

★ ★ ★
Aug 22, 2006
I dont blame DD for everything wrong is going at Juve. But i have to disagree with one point...
that is, even he didnt choose they players for this year, he still have the best players among other serie B teams!

Snoop

Sabet is a nasty virgin
Oct 2, 2001
I dont blame DD for everything wrong is going at Juve. But i have to disagree with one point...
that is, even he didnt choose they players for this year, he still have the best players among other serie B teams!
and with that players he is leading the table with 12 points and one game to play, which makes 15.. you want more than that? :confused:

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
And what makes you think this situation that happened to Deschamps over the summer wouldn't have repeated itself with Lippi at the helm right now? (As if Boumsong was our top defensive choice this year.) Obviously, it happened to Lippi in the past at Juve once before (even if the Triade is no longer), so we have precedent to believe things may not have been any different with Lippi or Deschamps.

I don't see how Lippi, who fared poorly without all the acquisitions he would have loved to have had in 2003, would have fared any better in 2006-7 under the conditions that Deschamps is in. For all the deserved knocking about Boumsong, let's also not forget (as others haven't here) who was coach when the 2003-04 season's Bidone d'Oro, Nicola Legrottaglie, was brought in.

Don't get me wrong. I love Lippi. I thought it was awesome that Italy won the WC with him.

But I think we are kidding ourselves if we think that Lippi didn't benefit in the WC from externally-driven player motivators (the scandals, Pessottino, etc.) and a lot of luck (PK against Australia; terrible player choices and subs in the WC Final that was overcome by PKs, a head-butting Zidane, and the players). Things that Lippi won't have coming back to Juve.

Lippi could have just as easily been another scapegoat in the Italian presses if not for those factors. And once again, his coaching made a mess of a big final.

RAMI-N

★ ★ ★
Aug 22, 2006
and with that players he is leading the table with 12 points and one game to play, which makes 15.. you want more than that? :confused:
I dont want more than that. I just have the feeling that this huge gap was made thanks to the players, except for the last game (which I hope it'll be the beginning for his coaching skills to show up to everyone).

Stephan

Nov 9, 2005
i think its time to quit all this whining about deshamps, and its happening now almost in every thread. the season is not even over yet to start speculations. We dont even know what players might stay and what might leave, lets see what deschamps can do in serie a.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 4)