Didier Deschamps (2 Viewers)

Vidocq

Sep 9, 2006
DD made some illogigal moves this season.. but afterall I think he is on good way making a strong team for next seasons which will be more strnger if some reinforcements come this summer.

mikemac

Jan 21, 2007
I think we have to realize that Deschamps is coaching and planning as if the team is already in Serie A already. All the transfer talk, new jersey sponsers, and everything else associated with the team.

Once Juve are back in Serie A next year....if he can do well then they should definetely extend that contract....if he cant then of course I have no problem with Lippi coming back. What can top the world Cup AND a Scudetto?!

The Arif

Jan 31, 2004
Being first in the Serie B despite we had a 9 point deduction, I don't really see that as a failure, as some members here claim. Also don't forget that DD took over Juve when everyone else refused to do so. So give the guy a break.

- vOnAm -

Jul 22, 2004
Being first in the Serie B despite we had a 9 point deduction, I don't really see that as a failure, as some members here claim. Also don't forget that DD took over Juve when everyone else refused to do so. So give the guy a break.
Absolutely.

I dont' understand why everybody is so critical of him given our situation? Sure we should have never lost a single serie B game ever, but with the current problem to our back line, it really seems like there is enough reason for the fault to be not 100% his.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
Well said. The guy has done a great job thus far, played his heart out for Juventus in the 90's, and took charge of the club when most people wanted to stay as far away from Turin as possible. The man is rather loyal, and to me that counts for quite a lot. But throw in how he has led us to a commanding position in Serie B after such turmoil and point deductions, and there is no major thing you can fault him for. Seriously, if you're blasting Deschamps as a way to let your emotions go regarding our off-field situations, you really need to find someone else to blame.

malducato1

Dec 26, 2005
And let's not forget that the old management shafted him good by using him as a pawn only to bring in Crapello. The guy deserves a fair chance and i also think he is doing a good job with this team.

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
The main challenge this season was to keep the players concentrating on every game and avoiding complacency. He has proved that he is capable of doing this.

Next season he will need to prove himself tactically in serie a as we will not automatically be better than everyone else just by showing up and playing decently.

Give him a one year extension with the option of another year.

Mike-e-y

Jul 18, 2004
I think DD's done a good job because at the start of the season things looked really bleak for us, saying that though if we were not where we are atm then i would be disappointed so he hasnt really worked miracles. Also he's young and i dont think hes a great tactician YET, time and time again he's made crazy substitutions that were unneccesarry and the team has ended up paying for them, a contract extention should be out of the question for the imminent future

Mark

The Informer
Administrator
Dec 19, 2003
DD on the french radio: "We could land 3-4 freebies for next season + 3 big player".

Salihamidzic, Grygera, Metzelder and Saviola? :eyebrows:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)