Did U Know? (1 Viewer)

Anastacia

Jul 12, 2002
i meant actual LOCAL derbies, in the same city, same streets, with all the tradition, rivalry, and history, which is the true essence of a LOCAL derby. real-barca might stand out as the best match in every season, but still it doesn't count as a local derby.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Anastacia

Jul 12, 2002
i know its like war out there, and the fans' pride is under the line. but i don't believe your getting my point: a LOCAL derby is a match between 2 teams from the same city, no matter how strong or weak the teams are. so if you are talking about actual local derbies, then real-barca doesnt count; and thus, the best local derbies are in italy (roma-lazio, inter-milan, torino-juve, verona-chievo).

denco

Superior Being
Jul 12, 2002
Arsenal v Tottenham, Liverpool v Everton. Real Madrid v Athletico

Barcelona v Espanol are comparable to Juve v Torino and Chievo v Verona

Only the rome derby and Milan derby stand out in Italy the rest are not really big fry

And do not underestimate Rangers vs Celtic which is as passionate as any derby you can think of as even religion is a factor

OP
dpforever

dpforever

Prediction Game Champ 2003 & 2005
Jan 12, 2002
  • Thread Starter #25
    My favourite local derby would be Inter-Milan, specially when Milan win 6-1 ... HeHeHe :devil:, Scotland's derby is also hot .. but unfourtunately we don't get to watch the Scottish matches ..

Slagathor

Bedpan racing champion
    Jul 25, 2001
    The only local derby in The Netherlands this season is Feyenoord - Sparta.

I'm longing back to the days of PSV - FC Eindhoven but those days seem to be further away now than ever... :down:

The real Dutch derby is Ajax - Feyenoord! Gets the whole nation going and chosing sides. Always the debate of the week on the streets!! :extatic:

Jul 12, 2002
    ++ [ originally posted by ErikP ] ++
    The only local derby in The Netherlands this season is Feyenoord - Sparta.

I'm longing back to the days of PSV - FC Eindhoven but those days seem to be further away now than ever... :down:

The real Dutch derby is Ajax - Feyenoord! Gets the whole nation going and chosing sides. Always the debate of the week on the streets!! :extatic:
    Yeah, there are only three rivalry's better than that (those being: Rangers-Celtic, Barca-Real, and Juve-Inter)

denco

Superior Being
    Jul 12, 2002
    But in the world Boca vs River Plate is very hot as well and lets not forget Man united Vs Liverpool but i do feeel the most passionate, whether local or not has to be Barca v Real Madrid and Celtic v Rangers as there is genuine hatred within the fans

OP
    dpforever

dpforever

Prediction Game Champ 2003 & 2005
    Jan 12, 2002
  • Thread Starter #31
    OK, this is one of the most controversial facts about Juve - why is the club called 'The Old Lady' ?? According to my resourses:

Juventus are called the old lady because an old lady use to own it. What do u think?? (agree/disagree)

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
    Wrong again. :D First of all, Udinese was founded before Juve, the year escapes me.

But most importantly, according to sources, one of the rich older ladies in Turin used to come to the trainings and matches and the team sorta adopted her as the front figure, or mascot if you will, of the team.

denco

Superior Being
    Jul 12, 2002
    Juve and Inter have never been relegated, Juve i hear got their black and white from Notts county in England

Alex if Udinese are older than Juve, do u klnow where they got the idea of wearing black and white or didnt they use black n white when they were formed

Erik p and Alex u got ur wires crossed, Alex u say Udinese was formed earlier, while Erik p is saying Juve have been in Serie A the longest without being relegated

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)