OP
dpforever

dpforever

Prediction Game Champ 2003 & 2005
Jan 12, 2002
  • Thread Starter #45
    Ok, I've done some research:

Udinese was formed in 1896 ....

Juve was formed one year later, in 1897 ...

Slagathor

Bedpan racing champion
    Jul 25, 2001
    Oh, that's not relevant at all!!!
    I meant who was in the SerieA the longest - that is definately Juve as Udinese has been relegated countless times!!

OP
    dpforever

dpforever

Jan 12, 2002
  • Thread Starter #47
    ++ [ originally posted by ErikP ] ++
    I meant who was in the SerieA the longest - that is definately Juve as Udinese has been relegated countless times!!

That's definetly true .... FoRzA JuVe :strong:

OP
    dpforever

dpforever

Jan 12, 2002
  • Thread Starter #48
    No one seems to know, definitely, how the term 'Arabs' came into existence to Dundee's team. However, the most accepted explanation is as follows:

United were desperate to get a cup-tie played in the middle of winter (during the 1960's). This was well before the days of under-soil heating and due to the pitch being frozen, someone had the bright idea of de-frosting the surface by using tar-burners. Yes, the same ones they use on road maintenance!!!

The net result was that the playing surface was left badly burnt. In order to cover the badly scarred surface, much sand was laid down. United's change strip used to be all white. So the impression was a load of guys in all white strips running around a pitch that resembled a desert - thus, Arabs.

Dj Juve

Jul 12, 2002
    ++ [ originally posted by ErikP ] ++
    crap, does this mean we're arent the first black&white around??

OP
    dpforever

dpforever

Jan 12, 2002
  • Thread Starter #55
    Lokomotiv is easy - it means 'railway' and thus teams with this name are associated with the train industry (eg Lokomotiv Moscow, Lokomotiv Nizhny Novgorod - Russia, Lokomotivas Vilnius - Lithuania)

Jul 28, 2002
    I thought these teams were orignially named lokomotiv after the fact that they were originally teams of railway workers?

I am sure i have read that about lokomotiv moscow, but i could be wrong.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)