Did Moggi ever make bad deals? (2 Viewers)

Juventino007

Jun 11, 2007
even with the acclaimed flop signigns you people have said such as henry veira van der sar etc at least he could still attract these type of players, while secco attracts poulsen and almiron type players etc, and dont give me this money or prestige problem bullshit becasue i dont believe it.

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
What do you mean by Almiron type of player?

You sound like Almiron is way inferior to Zlatan Ibrahimovic (a true Moggi legend)

Jul 2, 2006
Three world class player for Zidane! You both need to stop reading goal.com

Nedved = €41m
Buffon = €52m
Thuram = €32m

Overall = €125m

Zidane = €76
2001-2002

sales

Zinedine Zidane (Real Madrid) 76.000.000 €
Edwin Van Der Sar (FC Fulham) 10.300.000 €
Filippo Inzaghi (AC Mailand) 40.900.000 €
Darko Kovacevic (Lazio Rom) 15.000.000 €

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
2001-2002

sales

Zinedine Zidane (Real Madrid) 76.000.000 €
Edwin Van Der Sar (FC Fulham) 10.300.000 €
Filippo Inzaghi (AC Mailand) 40.900.000 €
Darko Kovacevic (Lazio Rom) 15.000.000 €
Inzaghi's price isn't right. We sold him for £17m, which at the time was equal to €25.5m.
Rui Costa is the most expensive player in Milan's history and they payed €42m.

Oh, and if you look at the first three names on this list you'll see that all three of them won the CL later with different teams and all three of them decided the CL final. Zidane and Inzaghi by scoring the winners while vdS was the hero of the penalty shoot-outs.

Jul 2, 2006
Inzaghi's price isn't right. We sold him for £17m, which at the time was equal to €25.5m.
Rui Costa is the most expensive player in Milan's history and they payed €42m.

Oh, and if you look at the first three names on this list you'll see that all three of them won the CL later with different teams and all three of them decided the CL final. Zidane and Inzaghi by scoring the winners while vdS was the hero of the penalty shoot-outs.
Even if they won 3 World Cups they were good riddances.

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
Even if they won 3 World Cups they were good riddances.
Yeah, you could say that.
It obviously didn't work anymore and it was time for changes to be made. For 3 long years we couldn't win anything, with an embarrassing 7th place finish in serie A, last round defeat for the scudetto and a CL elimination in group stages. Something had to be done.
The only thing that bothers me is the sale of Inzaghi to a direct rival. It's the same as it is with Ibrahimovic to Inter. If you think about it, Inzaghi and Zlatan are behind Milan's/Inter's greatest achievements in last years. We made our rivals win.

Strange enough, no-one blames Moggi for selling Inzaghi to Milan but everyone blames Secco for selling Zlatan to Inter.

Snoop

Sabet is a nasty virgin
Oct 2, 2001
how the hell was selling ZZ his worst move? we got 3 World Class players for the price of one..ZZ didn't want to play for us anymore, and we cashed in big time...but still Cannavaro for Carini :lol: that is just robbery!
actually we paid much extra money on Zidane's transfer fee to get Buffon, Thuram and Nedved.

Snoop

Sabet is a nasty virgin
Oct 2, 2001
we should have kept him, and try our best to satisfy him. ffs he was the best ever player in his generation :mad:

Nicholas

MIRKO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Jan 30, 2008
he didn't want to stay in Turin anymore...what are we gonna do, force him?
Ronaldo doesen't want to stay in Manchester,but Fergie bones him to hard so he fails his Madrid medical. :eyebrows:.No but seriously Zidane was under contract so we could of made him stay,but i agree with most people here:-

We got Buffon-Arguably one of the best or the best keeper of his generation.
Nedved-One of the best Wingers of his generation.
Thuram-Erm a true gentlemen of the game.:p

No i'm not just sumasing because there Juventus players,was it not 2002 or 2003 that Nedved won European player of the year?.

Snoop

Sabet is a nasty virgin
Oct 2, 2001
he didn't want to stay in Turin anymore...what are we gonna do, force him?
it's not like Juventus is a Kazakistani club or something. If he was offered a much great deal, or if the squad got strengthened, we could have kept him maybe.. Money talks, you know..

Jul 22, 2008
Ronaldo doesen't want to stay in Manchester,but Fergie bones him to hard so he fails his Madrid medical. :eyebrows:.No but seriously Zidane was under contract so we could of made him stay,but i agree with most people here:-

We got Buffon-Arguably one of the best or the best keeper of his generation.
Nedved-One of the best Wingers of his generation.
Thuram-Erm a true gentlemen of the game.:p

No i'm not just sumasing because there Juventus players,was it not 2002 or 2003 that Nedved won European player of the year?.
2003, but he didn't play as a winger that year.

Gill_juve

May 29, 2006
it's not like Juventus is a Kazakistani club or something. If he was offered a much great deal, or if the squad got strengthened, we could have kept him maybe.. Money talks, you know..
i loved that guy. such a great player and i am proud that we had him in our time for 5 years. oh well he won the world cup while at juve so i'll claim him ours! :D

Ahmed

Principino
Sep 3, 2006
exactly Money talks, and when you get a serious 76 million Euro offer for a player, one has to listen

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)