Did loverboy get it right? (47 Viewers)

Jun 13, 2007
Not just China. They were almost everywhere, especially in the harems.

Rab, they were without testicles. At young age they were castrated so they never really "grew up". Their voice was a voice of a child, they had no facial hair and since they had no testicles, they couldn't produce estrogen and androgen (sex hormones) and they couldn't get a hard on so there was no danger of them having sex with women.

They were servants and bodyguards in the harems. They were still men, stronger than the women, but they couldn't have sex with women.
They were perfect for the role :smile:

So i guess by "male servants not having need of women" (The 30th and 31st verse of Surah an-Nur) , God means the eunuchs.

Of course, "God" was having in mind the situation in the 7th century when there were male servants without need of women.
Or wait, it's the everlasting word of God.
So how can i take it now in the 21st century? Who are the male servants now in 2009, that have no need of women?
Gay servants?

Buy on AliExpress.com

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
Aha, so God meant that a gay can be a servant and the muslim women can freely show their face in front of these homosexuals?

Can this verse mean that God actually allows the muslim women to show their faces and their naked body to the male homosexuals?

They are servants and they have no need of woman. According to that verse the muslim women can show themselves to the gay servants.

Jun 13, 2007
I think I've seen a documentary about this now that I read your explanation.

Religions are complicated and full of contradictions. It's good to read but never follow.

And btw, I doubt any of the religious members here following Quraan or Bible 100%. That's another thing I don't like. If you believe in your religion either follow it as you should without any exception or don't and most importantly don't tell others what's wrong from right since you don't follow it as you should.
It's commonly said that the quickest path to atheism is to read the bible start to finish. I wonder if that applies to the Koran too.

That depends in what context you take religion in. I believe Genesis( Adam and Eve etc, world created in 7 days etc..) in its entirety was meant to be a lesson rather than a literal historical citing. I'd explain why if you're interested.

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
How the hell did we get from incapable of having sex to gay? :wth:
We're talking 21st century.
And the verse doesn't say anything about men incapable of having sex. It only says "those who have no need (to have sex with women)". The gays have no need to have sex with women. Was God talking about them?
Can the believing women show themselves to the gays?

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
I guess I missed a premise. What I meant was "reading the bible start to finish under the presumption that it is the word of a benevolent and loving god". If you want to read it some other way, sure.

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
We're talking 21st century.
And the verse doesn't say anything about men incapable of having sex. It only says "those who have no need (to have sex with women)". The gays have no need to have sex with women. Was God talking about them?
Can the believing women show themselves to the gays?
Bah, you're right. I guess my gay alarm went off there.

Btw have you ever studied Chinese history?

Jun 13, 2007
Aha, so God meant that a gay can be a servant and the muslim women can freely show their face in front of these homosexuals?

Can this verse mean that God actually allows the muslim women to show their faces and their naked body to the male homosexuals?

They are servants and they have no need of woman. According to that verse the muslim women can show themselves to the gay servants.

How the hell did we get from incapable of having sex to gay? :wth:
I wasn't talking about the verse. I was just answering your question. Who are the servants in 2009 who are not interested in women? Gay servants. It was meant to be funny. I guess I should have added an emotion or something.

Jun 13, 2007
I guess I missed a premise. What I meant was "reading the bible start to finish under the presumption that it is the word of a benevolent and loving god". If you want to read it some other way, sure.
There is absolutely no contradiction between having a benovelent,caring God and a world filled with suffering and destruction. And notice here, I am referring to God, a supernatural entity.

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
I wasn't talking about the verse. I was just answering your question. Who are the servants in 2009 who are not interested in women? Gay servants. It was meant to be funny. I guess I should have added an emotion or something.
I knew you were joking. :smile:
Gay servants was the answer i expected when i asked the question. You gave it to me. :D

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
Unfortunately, not. I've been reading something on my own, but the east Asian history is really neglected in Europe.
Let me guess. When you read history you really absorb it, right? That's my problem. I've forgotten most of the history I've read over the years, so it makes it relatively pointless to learn about it since I can't retain it.

OP
Seven

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
  • Thread Starter #175
    They were castrated men who played a social function as servants to the emperor of China. It was thought that since they couldn't have children they would not be a threat because they could not start a dynasty of their own.
    Not just China. They were almost everywhere, especially in the harems.

Rab, they were without testicles. At young age they were castrated so they never really "grew up". Their voice was a voice of a child, they had no facial hair and since they had no testicles, they couldn't produce estrogen and androgen (sex hormones) and they couldn't get a hard on so there was no danger of them having sex with women.
    First thing that went through my mind, Alen :D. Not just China.

Ahmed

Principino
    Sep 3, 2006
    One in three Muslims faces discrimination, EU survey reveals

By E Buaras

Europe’s Muslim community face considerable discrimination, especially in employment, and mistrust in authorities means many fail to report racist incidents, that is according survey by the Agency for Fundamental Rights (FRA).

The survey, which was released on May 28 and involved Muslims in 14 EU states, found that one in three Muslims had faced discrimination, and 11% said they had experienced a racially motivated crime.
    FRA found the highest level of prejudice against Muslims occurred in the workplace.

The report was part of the first-ever EU-wide survey on the experiences of immigrants and ethnic minorities, which reported that more than half of those groups believe discrimination is widespread where they live in Europe. Gypsies and Africans reported the most abuse.
    The survey suggests similarly high levels of discrimination against Muslims.

In line with other minority groups, 79% of Muslims responding to the survey said they do not report discriminatory incidents and cases of racist crime to any authority.

Young Muslims in particular have little faith in the police as a public institution. The survey found people without citizenship and new arrivals in a country were even less likely to report discrimination.
    It said 59% of Muslim respondents believe “nothing would happen or change by reporting” and 38% said “it happens all the time” and therefore they do not make an effort to report incidents.

The survey also reveals excessive harassment by the police with 1 in 4 Muslims said they were stopped by the police in the previous 12 months, and 40% of these said “that this was specifically because of their immigrant or minority status” and of those stopped by the police said they were stopped on average 3 times in a year.

This finding also contradicts belief about the negative impact of wearing traditional/religious clothing, such as headscarves does not influence discrimination and does not appear to increase the likelihood of being discriminated against.

Islamophobic remarks at niqabi woman

A Hackney father of two told The Muslim News his wife was subjected to an Islamophobic slur and indecent behaviour by two South American immigrants.

Ahmed (not his real name) said he was driving between Leytonstone and Walthamstow in East London with his wife and two young children on June 13, when a man shouted “ninja” at his wife who was wearing a niqâb (face covering veil).

Ahmed, 34, said he parked his car to confront the man. “He couldn’t speak English properly and I realised he was Brazilian because he was wearing a Brazil football shirt and spoke with a heavy Portuguese accent. He told me 'I’m allowed to say whatever I want’.”

Ahmed told the man “we will let the police decide. As I was calling the police, the man went inside a Bureau de Change shop and another fat Brazilian man got out of the shop.”

The large man then made lewd sexual remarks and then proceeded to take out his genitals and attempted to wipe it on a very alarmed Ahmed. The man then went inside the shop, and on his request as a few teenagers stood next to Ahmed and waited for the police to arrive. “When he saw the teenagers he lowered his shutters. The police arrived 40 minutes later. They went inside the shop but couldn’t find the man who shouted at my wife and the shopkeeper denied he had indecently exposed himself. At the end it was my word against his.”

Ahmed, a teacher by profession, said he was relieved he had parked his car a distance from the shop meaning his 5 year old daughter and disabled 3 year old son had not witnessed the man’s indecent behaviour.
    “My wife usually gets a few Islamophobic comments when she’s driving early in the morning or late at night when she driving to and from work but when I confront people they usually walk away. What made this incident strange was their behaviour and the fact the racists are foreign.”

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
    No quibble with the article in general, but the story is pretty bizzarre. Someone calls you a ninja makes you call the police? What if they called you Superman? Santa Claus?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 47)