Destiny (3 Viewers)

CrimsonianKing

U can't expect an Inexperienced team like Juventus
Jan 16, 2013
AngryJoe is almost always right but he exaggerated quite a bit on that review. He was one of the people who were expecting a revolutionary game, didn't happen. What it lacks in Story it excels on smooth controls and fun multiplayer.

Somebody from Machinima said it better "If you look at it as a pure MMO then sure you might be frustrated but if you look at is as a Shooter with SOME MMO elements then you'll love it."

Buy on AliExpress.com

Satchy

Nov 4, 2004
I've saw that AngryJoe review and apart from the fact that I don't like the guy and don't think he's funny he had a few good points here and there. But considering the fun that I had just yesterday in 2 hours doing the raid and that I totally love the diablo-esque style of getting new shiny armor and whatnot I think you can either totally love or totally hate the game.

It's not the 15/10 500 mil game that they promoted and it's not ground-breaking but I've never had so much fun since Dark Souls/Demon's Souls and never spent so much (too much) time on one game.

CrimsonianKing

U can't expect an Inexperienced team like Juventus
Jan 16, 2013
I've saw that AngryJoe review and apart from the fact that I don't like the guy and don't think he's funny he had a few good points here and there. But considering the fun that I had just yesterday in 2 hours doing the raid and that I totally love the diablo-esque style of getting new shiny armor and whatnot I think you can either totally love or totally hate the game.

It's not the 15/10 500 mil game that they promoted and it's not ground-breaking but I've never had so much fun since Dark Souls/Demon's Souls and never spent so much (too much) time on one game.
Was that you who sent me a friend invite? I'm trying to add whoever it is but it keeps giving me this error.

Satchy

Nov 4, 2004
Is it bugged for you too today? Yeah it was me, trying to add people today and getting either an error or nothing happens when I click "add". Seems like I've added you now, but I don't know for sure :X

OP
Salvo

Salvo

J
Dec 17, 2007
  • Thread Starter #27
    The worst thing is thay they don't have a matchmaking system for the daily strikes. It's beyond retarded.

Jul 10, 2006
    http://www.gamespot.com/reviews/destiny-review/

I played the beta and got to sped some time with the full game that my friend let me borrow. I loved the combat mechanics, the gun play was some of the best I have ever experienced. But as the review linked to above mentions, I was worried that the full game would be repetitive. I am glad I cancelled my pre-order and instead will use the money for two copies of Borderlands: The Pre Sequel for me and my son. Borderlands has mastered what Destiny seems to be trying to do with it's coop campaign. The Borderlands series is legend. Destiny stumbled out of the gates and is trying to catch that Halo magic, and mix it with the RPG/loot elements that Borderlands proved could be so addicting in a shooter and they also tried to get in on the Call of Duty competitive MP action. In those three things, they failed. They could not recreate the magic of Halo, the addictive play of Borderlands and they will not be stealing the MP deathmatch crown for COD any time soon.

But still, they made a decent enough foundation. I will buy the game used when it's come down in price a lot. It's not a bad game, really. But it's not great. At least not yet. It could be setting up a great sequel.

But for the most expensive game ever made, and one of the most hyped games in console history, it is a huge disappointment. And that is a shame because I was rooting for it to be great.

Mar 4, 2007
    Today I got both exotic weapons.
    Thorn thanks to @Satchy and Invective. Thorn brings back the Goldeneye on 64 memories back. Invective is hands down the best shotgun ever!.

Satchy

Nov 4, 2004
    Today I got both exotic weapons.
    Thorn thanks to @Satchy and Invective. Thorn brings back the Goldeneye on 64 memories back. Invective is hands down the best shotgun ever!.
    @Twenty---3 That thorn strike was such a bitch. First they majors didn't have solar shields but arc ones (and I brought only solar dmg weapons) and then the firerate of the mobs was insane. You really like the invective? Haven't upgraded anything yet but I prefer my other 2 shotguns (especially "The Crash") over it.

Mar 4, 2007
    @Twenty---3 That thorn strike was such a bitch. First they majors didn't have solar shields but arc ones (and I brought only solar dmg weapons) and then the firerate of the mobs was insane. You really like the invective? Haven't upgraded anything yet but I prefer my other 2 shotguns (especially "The Crash") over it.
    I'm glad I don't have to do that strike again. When it was 3 of us it seemed harder. But then when the other dude left it became much easier because we picked of the enemies one by one at where they spawned. If you need help with it anytime I'm in.

You should upgrade it man is a nice shotgun. I'm unstoppable in control with that weapon. Lol

Satchy

Nov 4, 2004
    You should upgrade it man is a nice shotgun. I'm unstoppable in control with that weapon. Lol
    Yeah it's gonna be the next one that I level up or maybe the Bad Juju if they buff it anytime soon.

But I really cant be fucked to do the Thorn bounty. Tried it until the "void pvp kills" part where you get a penalty of -2 pts when dying and since I'm shit at pvp I never made any progress (I usually have like a 1.0 or worse kill/death ratio). And I'm getting those exotic bountys so often that I had to abandon them four times since I already have every weapon but Thorn.

Mar 4, 2007
    Yeah it's gonna be the next one that I level up or maybe the Bad Juju if they buff it anytime soon.

But I really cant be $#@!ed to do the Thorn bounty. Tried it until the "void pvp kills" part where you get a penalty of -2 pts when dying and since I'm $#@! at pvp I never made any progress (I usually have like a 1.0 or worse kill/death ratio). And I'm getting those exotic bountys so often that I had to abandon them four times since I already have every weapon but Thorn.
    This what you do play control with a void damage shotgun and rocket launcher . Since I'm warlock my specials do void damages. See if you have any specials for hunters that do void damages. I didn't like it either but playing control you will actually start to enjoy it. Before you know it you will get that 500 Points.

Jul 10, 2006
    I got Destiny for the Xbox One. Mainly because my son has it on his XB1 and I wanted to add another game to coop with him.

So far we both have the following for our XB1's:

COD:AW
    GTA V
    Destiny
    Evolve
    Dying Light

Evolve just came out on Tuesday. Fun game, very hard, very different. But fun.

I havent tried dying light yet.

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
    I got Destiny for the Xbox One. Mainly because my son has it on his XB1 and I wanted to add another game to coop with him.

So far we both have the following for our XB1's:

COD:AW
    GTA V
    Destiny
    Evolve
    Dying Light

Evolve just came out on Tuesday. Fun game, very hard, very different. But fun.

I havent tried dying light yet.
    I'm surprised you don't have Sunset Overdrive.

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
    I haven't heard much about it. And of the reviews I read, one was positive and the other was negative. So I'm not sure what to think. I was planning on renting it on redbox sometime and checking it out.
    The game is fun. It reminds me of a Mashup between jet set radio and dead rising 3

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)