Denmark should be Ashamed of Kim Milton Jensen (1 Viewer)

OP

sutnop

Apr 24, 2003
  • Thread Starter #21
    ++ [ originally posted by gray ] ++
    I don't think the refereeing on his part was that bad. The yellow card to Alberto was a bit unjustified, but he's just doing what his bosses pay him to do, and we're gonna see that rule enforced in Euro 2004 too. He made some good calls that I disagreed with at first, but upon seeing the replay from a couple of angles I agreed with e.g. when Prso was battling for the ball with 2 Porto defenders, he won the ball but was called presumably for a handball.

The Alberto yellow card rule is not suppose to be enforced until after EURO 2004 according to the UEFA site.....

The linesman on the other hand was just shite. There were at least 4 or 5 Monaco 'off-sides' in which a Monaco player was being played onside by at least half a metre.
    THIS is exaclty what I mean
    next time it might be us or some other team
    it damages the whole essence of the game
    The creativity and desire to get chances gets ofcourse affected by idiots waving offside on clear onsides...

Buy on AliExpress.com

venom

Oct 22, 2003
    Those danes we're not anywhere disastrously bad compared to other CL-matches. There were not that much bad off-side calls compared to earlier matches and so on. Okay, video-assistants would diminish it all but not route I'd want to take.

OP

sutnop

Apr 24, 2003
  • Thread Starter #23
    Venom Imagine us playing let say MAncheter United or Real Madrid in an all important Cl Second ROund match next year...

Deschamps is having a so far great season at Juve we have sealed Rothen...
    And he is doing magic on the left flank...

However against Madrid we are faced with the Reffing of a certain Moron Milton Nielsen and his two pathetic excuses of human debree for linesmen...

Rothen sends a lot of beautiful crosses and through balls to set up Del Piero and whoever else is playing...
    But are best chances to beat the weak Madrid Defense are called off for off side...

and we get knocked out because the tactic that should work doesn't work because the refrees competence doesn't allow it...

And you know what the worst thing is Milton is probably going to watch a recorded version of this
    and tell himself he did a good job
    :(

He is so far gone up his own behind...
    HE can't even admit his obvious mistakes...

OP

sutnop

Apr 24, 2003
  • Thread Starter #25
    ofcourse but my point still remains
    I have seen better linesmen in Regional Leagues...

And this is suppose to be the Final of Finals!!
    :stuckup:

OP

sutnop

Apr 24, 2003
  • Thread Starter #27
    venom
    you wouldn't happen to be Danish?

the debate is not the outcome of the match and you can't say they didn't cause if Monaco would have gotten an on side it might have been 1-1 and they wouldn't feel the need to throw that many men forward...

Also There should of been a free kick for Morientes before the counter attack that led to Porto Scoring 2-0 maybe if that Free Kick would of been...

Porto would have never scored...
    You can't say that they didn't change the outcome for them not to change the outcome they all should of been made after the last goal was scored which was not reallly the case

I think the might have changed the outcome

But I think Porto were to much of a champion team to lose this Final....

But still too many mistakes for CL Final IMO

venom

Oct 22, 2003
    ++ [ originally posted by sutnop ] ++
    venom
    you wouldn't happen to be Danish?
    Oh, hell no

But still too many mistakes for CL Final IMO
    Yes, but still I don't want that to be completely flawless, i.e. video assistants. Thinking of that I can't complain of the quality that much because I've seen way more horrible refs/assistants in CL this year. And, no, those mistakes are something you have to live against on that level, they go usually 50/50 -level anyway.

gray

Apr 22, 2003
    I've heard somewhere that if there's a dubious offside call, the linesman is supposed to give the attacker the benefit of the doubt. I'm not sure how well this works, but it'd call for more exciting football.

What is it with Porto and getting favourable offside calls? Paul Scholes, anyone?

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
    Mar 16, 2004
    ++ [ originally posted by gray ] ++
    I've heard somewhere that if there's a dubious offside call, the linesman is supposed to give the attacker the benefit of the doubt. I'm not sure how well this works, but it'd call for more exciting football.

What is it with Porto and getting favourable offside calls? Paul Scholes, anyone?
    Serioulsy. I might work to develop a robot that is able to follow the play down the sidelines, and always make the right offsides call. I'll call it "Dammit Ref."

Slagathor

Bedpan racing champion
    Jul 25, 2001
    ++ [ originally posted by sutnop ] ++
    But Another Reff that pisses me off is Dirk Joll but this Milton almost takes the prize...
    Don't worry, Joll is quitting soon and already isn't active anymore in Europe.

I still rate him above Markus Merk though :doh:

gray

Apr 22, 2003
    I knew the whole Korea thing was gonna come up, and I was gonna post a pre-emptive "fvck off and get over it already", but I guess I over-estimated some of you. Just because my country had a very fortunate run in the World Cup, doesn't mean I'm not allowed to feel that injustice was done against other teams.

Evelyn8

Jul 23, 2002
    I can understand you guys are mad but this is nothing compared to some of the referring mistakes I have seen in the higher leagues....

The piece that takes the price this year is a episode I saw in Sweden
    THe Champions Djurgarden were playing some team their new signing from Holland Banrsom (or something like that)

latched on to a through ball in the box this guy comes from behind and basically hacks Banrsom down and people that I spoke to say its the most obvious penalty of the year....

Still the the referee singles play on...
    Now the hacking is so hard Banrsom can't play on because he got stretched ankle ligaments (and later was diagnosed injured for a couple of weeks).

So he lies there in the penalty box in large pain. When the ball is cleared the referee calls in the medics and while they are lifting him on to the bed, The Refree pulls out a card and gives it to the hacked down injured player for simulation, :dazed: This being his second he gets sent off

:down: :D
    This is really Tragi-Comic

gray

Apr 22, 2003
    ++ [ originally posted by Evelyn8 ] ++
    The piece that takes the price this year is a episode I saw in Sweden
    THe Champions Djurgarden were playing some team their new signing from Holland Banrsom (or something like that)

latched on to a through ball in the box this guy comes from behind and basically hacks Banrsom down and people that I spoke to say its the most obvious penalty of the year....

Still the the referee singles play on...
    Now the hacking is so hard Banrsom can't play on because he got stretched ankle ligaments (and later was diagnosed injured for a couple of weeks).

So he lies there in the penalty box in large pain. When the ball is cleared the referee calls in the medics and while they are lifting him on to the bed, The Refree pulls out a card and gives it to the hacked down injured player for simulation, :dazed: This being his second he gets sent off
    That's bloody horrible

Aug 1, 2003
    little things change the course of big things... one little mistake could change a team's fate... referees piss us off yes but at the end of the day it comes down to the team's performance anyway.

of course, moreno is an exception.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)