Denis Zakaria (66 Viewers)

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
Great Debut buddy, just like our fellow Lichtsteiner on his debut! :)

Btw - his name is french, so it's often mispronounced.
I have no idea on how to write it in phonetic english, so just do listen here:
Pretty sure Zakaria is an arabic name. I just looked and his mother (Rina Zakaria) is from South Sudan. But yes it's natural that the whole name is pronounced the French way if that is his native language. It's hard to argue that someone doesn't know how to pronounce their own name.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Xorim

Aug 31, 2015
Pretty sure Zakaria is an arabic name. I just looked and his mother (Rina Zakaria) is from South Sudan. But yes it's natural that the whole name is pronounced the French way if that is his native language. It's hard to argue that someone doesn't know how to pronounce their own name.
Well, yeah you're right - i meant in his case it is pronounced in his native language. The name itself is probably from hebrew descendency.

MrMonkey

Jul 15, 2017
Probably a case of nerves for awhile but thought he adjusted well as the game progressed. Another hustler like McKenn whose motor never stops running. I like how McKenn came all the way off the sideline to congratulate him.

Jäger

May 2, 2021
A mix of Matuidi and Pogba. So refreshing to see him have the courage to run down the right hand side every now and then, like Mckennie. Got stuck in quite a lot too

Bianconero_Aus

Beppe Marotta Is My God
May 26, 2009
Started clumsy but he put great defensive work afterwards. He closed down on the ball, he worked on making spaces smaller and he had direct drive.

It was refreshing.

I can't wait to see him when Locatelli is playing
100%

His defensive work off the ball was a breath of fresh air. Really good debut for him given he had a very shaky 10 mins to begin the game. I think this guy is going to definitely allow Locatelli to attack more and the good thing is, he also seems capable of bombing forward and scoring too…

Xperd

'Toli Throater
Jun 1, 2012
A mix of Matuidi and Pogba. So refreshing to see him have the courage to run down the right hand side every now and then, like Mckennie. Got stuck in quite a lot too
Doesn't have the same poise or control like Pogba.

He's a Matuidi with slightly better technical ability. That alone will make him extremely useful for us.

Just pair him with Locatelli and a top class CM, and we're good to go.

If he has a successful 6 month stint with us, don't see why we should approach Kessie who's asking monstrous wages anyway.

Jun 16, 2020
Doesn't have the same poise or control like Pogba.

He's a Matuidi with slightly better technical ability. That alone will make him extremely useful for us.

Just pair him with Locatelli and a top class CM, and we're good to go.

If he has a successful 6 month stint with us, don't see why we should approach Kessie who's asking monstrous wages anyway.
The Pogba comparison is off, besides the long legs I don’t see much of Pogba in Zakaria. More a Matuidi indeed who’s less afraid to play progressive.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 66)