Denis Zakaria (11 Viewers)

Clamarc

Sep 26, 2018
Agreed on bolded part.

Marchisio was great and a legend for us, however i would argue prime Vidal was a different animal
Yeah for sure prime Vidal was just on different planet but that was before he got fucked up by injury. Think he never been the same after that.
For me it was the right time to sell.

And what I mean Marchisio was biggest loss because he was just raising his level as regista and then the injury happened. If he was healthy we don't have to suffer with the likes of Ramsey, Bentancur, or Rabiot

Buy on AliExpress.com

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
I truly believe that peak Vidal is a top player in history. The level he reached was insane. Basically a destroyer that gave you 15-20 goals. It's insane.

A CM destroyer that wins Copa America and leads the tournament in goals. When you look at his career, he has more goals + assists than fucking Iniesta and Yaya Toure.

I know what you mean though. He could have been a top, top legend of the sport.
His peak seasons he was quite possibly the best all-around midfielder in history. From 2010-11 to 2013-14 he averaged 13 goals - 8 assists - 4.75 tackles/match - 2 interceptions/game. And so on and so forth. That doesn’t even take into account the amount of pressure he put on opposing players with the ball causing errant passes and the like. A one-man wrecking ball in the mid.

It’s also insane that he only picked up 1 single red card in his entire time at Juve. One straight red, that’s it. Never once got two yellows in a match in 5 years in all comps. While making almost 5 tackles match on average.

Last edited:

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
Yeah for sure prime Vidal was just on different planet but that was before he got fucked up by injury. Think he never been the same after that.
For me it was the right time to sell.

And what I mean Marchisio was biggest loss because he was just raising his level as regista and then the injury happened. If he was healthy we don't have to suffer with the likes of Ramsey, Bentancur, or Rabiot
Wasn’t the same but definitely wasn’t average. He still dominated matches in 2014-15, Allegri’s first season when we almost won the treble, he just wasn’t as consistent. He dominated the second half of that season. He had a bad CL final match, at least to start, but was fantastic through the knockouts before that. And put in vintage ball-winning performances, with 4+ tackles/game.

And going by his 3 very good seasons for Bayern. We sold him at least 3 seasons too early. I’d also say he was better for Inter last season than any CM we had, so…

Clamarc

Sep 26, 2018
Wasn’t the same but definitely wasn’t average. He still dominated matches in 2014-15, Allegri’s first season when we almost won the treble, he just wasn’t as consistent. He dominated the second half of that season. He had a bad CL final match, at least to start, but was fantastic through the knockouts before that. And put in vintage ball-winning performances, with 4+ tackles/game.

And going by his 3 very good seasons for Bayern. We sold him at least 3 seasons too early. I’d also say he was better for Inter last season than any CM we had, so…
But his value would also went down if Juve sold him later?

Well even a one legged Vidal would still better than Rabiot, Bentancur and Ramsey combined in one body lol.

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
But his value would also went down if Juve sold him later?

Well even a one legged Vidal would still better than Rabiot, Bentancur and Ramsey combined in one body lol.
What does it matter if his value goes down? I’d rather have had Vidal for 3-4 more seasons, and had him leave for half the amount or even free then, as opposed to the 37 mil we sold him for. We would have won 2016 or 2017 CL imo, with Vidal still in our midfield.

- - - Updated - - -

Meet Denis Zakarias, Awegwi’s new LW. @Bjerknes :snoop:

Clamarc

Sep 26, 2018
What does it matter if his value goes down? I’d rather have had Vidal for 3-4 more seasons, and had him leave for half the amount or even free then, as opposed to the 37 mil we sold him for. We would have won 2016 or 2017 CL imo, with Vidal still in our midfield.
Ah ok we just rated post-injury Vidal differently.
Still quality player no doubt but to me he was just not the same anymore. So imo selling him wasn't really a mistake but not replacing him properly was

And idk if we could won UCL even with Vidal, 2016 we were in transition and 2017 Real was just too strong that year

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
Ah ok we just rated post-injury Vidal differently.
Still quality player no doubt but to me he was just not the same anymore. So imo selling him wasn't really a mistake but not replacing him properly was

And idk if we could won UCL even with Vidal, 2016 we were in transition and 2017 Real was just too strong that year
Losing Vidal was a major part of why that was a transition year. And we still beat Bayern without a ridiculous non-offside goal by Morty being counted out. Was also him who won the ball from Evra to send it to extra time. We were nigh unbeatable down the stretch run of that season and a CM destroyer like Vidal would have put us over the top imo.

And yes, post-injury Vidal wasn’t as monstrous as pre-injury, but he still had 3 fantastic years at Bayern. He would have been immense in our midfield for 3 more years.

Nenz

Apr 17, 2008
Vidal scored 13 goals-11 assists, had 4.7 tackles, 2.8 interceptions/game in his last season at Leverkusen before he arrived. Was one of the best CMs in Bundesliga if not entire European football that season.

Not sure what the point of the comparison is though. Zakarias is a completely different sort of footballer and is never going to score or assist or tackle like that. Not his game from everything I’ve read about him.
I hark back to Vidal at Juve all the time to EPL loving mates. They don't understand. At his peak he was the most well rounded midfielder I've seen in my life time. We got the very best out of that group of mids during that period, including Pirlo which is saying something.

Vidal was once in a generation though. Comparisons are useless.

Clamarc

Sep 26, 2018
Losing Vidal was a major part of why that was a transition year. And we still beat Bayern without a ridiculous non-offside goal by Morty being counted out. Was also him who won the ball from Evra to send it to extra time. We were nigh unbeatable down the stretch run of that season and a CM destroyer like Vidal would have put us over the top imo.

And yes, post-injury Vidal wasn’t as monstrous as pre-injury, but he still had 3 fantastic years at Bayern. He would have been immense in our midfield for 3 more years.
Well if we beat Bayern that year mean Vidal isn't as good as you think lol. He played with stronger team yet he almost lost to us.
And that goal was more because of Evra stupidity no? He could've just kick the ball to another planet but instead he was trying to be smart.

I have nothing against Vidal, Juve got the best years of him and I wasn't really disappointed when he get sold.
Ok he did well with Bayern domestically but he didn't win UCL in his 3 years there so saying him would won us UCL if he stayed here is just imagination cause he failed to do so with stronger team.
Maybe 2017 final would be less embarrasing though lol

Snobist

DareDevil
Apr 16, 2017
Seriously peak Vidal was the Michael Jordan of midfieders. I cant think of anyone coming close to him. Maybe Yaya Toure had a season at city close to Vidal performances in terms of goals and assits, cant say for his defensive contribution. I was lucky to watch him play.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 6)