delpiero the best player in serie a (3 Viewers)

ThePLaya

Nov 8, 2005
AbuGadanzieri said:
what you think

please discuss

discuss what ?

i am a juventini and i do love alex to death but telling me :

Best player in the year>>> No shit ?

excuse me .Won't work ever with Goal !

Really stupid

Eddy

The Maestro
Aug 20, 2005
Enron said:
I didn't think DP got much playing time this season?
Nope, not a lot but whenever he came on the pitch he was only firing up goals, that's most propably why he won the award and propably for his late entry goal against Inter

Muha

The Head Physio
Feb 25, 2004
at the start of the season, goal.com predicted (or at least the fans did) that Alex would be the best player of Seria A, and Figo would be the worst...

They were right .. i dont know about the Figo part though !! :confused:

Sep 1, 2002
Enron said:
I didn't think DP got much playing time this season?
The reason DP had a "Good" season was because Capello knows how to get the best out of him: Why Capello is so widely critisised for playing DP so little is, frankly, behond me. He knows that to get the best results from him entails using him as a joker: to come off the bench and play twenty minutes or a half a game. It is then, when the oposition is tiring, that he can make the difference. DP should thank him for extending his career, and what a swan-song it is turning out to be: More of the same next season:

DP Super-Sub.

tassard

Jul 30, 2004
bianconero said:
The reason DP had a "Good" season was because Capello knows how to get the best out of him: Why Capello is so widely critisised for playing DP so little is, frankly, behond me. He knows that to get the best results from him entails using him as a joker: to come off the bench and play twenty minutes or a half a game. It is then, when the oposition is tiring, that he can make the difference. DP should thank him for extending his career, and what a swan-song it is turning out to be: More of the same next season:

DP Super-Sub.

That's the problem IMO man.DP is too good to be a super sub.
The truth must be said, DP is much improved under Capello and maybe that's because of him but why ti bring him in for the last 20 minutes when he is our best attacking player?

Sep 1, 2002
tassard said:
That's the problem IMO man.DP is too good to be a super sub.
The truth must be said, DP is much improved under Capello and maybe that's because of him but why ti bring him in for the last 20 minutes when he is our best attacking player?
Because of what I have already stated: He can no longer-and this has been true for quite a number of years- be effective throughout 90 minutes of intense football action. Better to bring him on, with his one trick (the shimmy to the left of the shoulders, the wafting of the right leg over the ball, the cutting in rightward, always rightwards, and the curling of the ball goal bound; well normally in to the stands) can make a difference as the opposition tire.

Mr. Gol

Sep 15, 2004
I don't think that's the most objective list possible. Del Piero is a great player and has done well this season, but I don't think he's the best in Serie A (anymore).

jussiut

Feb 22, 2005
bianconero said:
Because of what I have already stated: He can no longer-and this has been true for quite a number of years- be effective throughout 90 minutes of intense football action. Better to bring him on, with his one trick (the shimmy to the left of the shoulders, the wafting of the right leg over the ball, the cutting in rightward, always rightwards, and the curling of the ball goal bound; well normally in to the stands) can make a difference as the opposition tire.
Are you serious? :disagree:

On topic, I don't think he's the best player in Serie A but he's amongst the best. And he performed really well so therefore it's not a travesty he's titled the best.

Sep 1, 2002
jussiut said:
Are you serious? :disagree:

On topic, I don't think he's the best player in Serie A but he's amongst the best. And he performed really well so therefore it's not a travesty he's titled the best.
Absolutely, he has been short of a full piston for a number of years. Good of Capello for recognising this fact and getting him to perform at the best of his waining abilities.

jussiut

Feb 22, 2005
bianconero said:
Absolutely, he has been short of a full piston for a number of years. Good of Capello for recognising this fact and getting him to perform at the best of his waining abilities.
This was his best season for couple of years. His technique hasn't gotten any worse. He isn't the player he was pre-injury in 1997 but I'm tired of hearing that comparison - it was almost ten years ago for christs sake.

I agree that DP isn't the best player in the world anymore but he's still world class. To say that he only has one trick or that all his crosses are bad only shows that you haven't really been watching Juve games lately.

mnementh

Jun 5, 2005
Del Piero is the best player in the world, he has more tricks than any other player in the world, nobody can even come close his technical abilities, and he's infallible. He's God himself. :cool:

Sep 1, 2002
mnementh said:
Del Piero is the best player in the world, he has more tricks than any other player in the world, nobody can even come close his technical abilities, and he's infallible. He's God himself. :cool:
You must really like him, a lot.

But away from this nonsense: he has not got the guile to pull the strings that we need pulling. He is a useful puppet (super-sub), but not a puppet master.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)