Deleting Files Forever - Urgent (1 Viewer)

Boudz

Mercato Tourist
Aug 1, 2002
I'm leaving my current employer and will be giving the work laptop back. I have deleted all my personal files however I am aware that there are ways to recover deleted files.
What I tried to do was do a defrag to ensure that the files disappear forever but due to administrative restrictions I cannot do so.

The space available on the hard disk is 49 gigs, what I'm doing is copying 49 gigs worth of videos onto the pc and then deleting them. I heard this will overwrite the sectors of the previously deleted files. Does this work?

Any tips would help. I need to give in the laptop really soon.

Buy on AliExpress.com

IrishZebra

Western Imperialist
Jun 18, 2006
Lol I can't destroy the HD, I gotta give it back with all work files untouched as they are confidential information that belong to the firm.
I found this software, any clue if this technique is good?
http://www.softpedia.com/get/System/File-Management/Philip.shtml
You have JUST as much right to your personnal data as they do to their Business data, provide it to them on a Passport drive, destroy the HDD and let them know that yo'll buy them a new one.

Buck Fuddy

Lara Chedraoui fanboy
May 22, 2009
That's what I always suggest, to every possible problem:

@ Stripper: seriously, your initial idea seems ok to me. Overwriting the sectors is going to do most of the job, but maybe not 100%. Why would your (ex) employer wanna recover your personal files anyway? That's going to cost him way too much time I would think.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)