Del Piero (1 Viewer)

44BigBert

Aug 20, 2004
i remember at one time about 3 years ago, it was stated that DP had asked for a change and the club was considering to sell him too. But after the death of his father and his wonderful " one man show " goal against Bari, his form and confident started to come back. Both parties seem willing to keep the relationship for the rest of life since then.
I believe DP will go to the management after the retirement as a player. And my dream is, one day he will become a good coach of Juve.

Buy on AliExpress.com

gray

Apr 22, 2003
Good players don't necessarily make good coaches. To be honest I think Ciro will make a better coach than DP. I have no evidence whatsoever to back that up, except for maybe the fact that Ferrara's reading of the game is excellent and hence his tactical knowledge should theoretically be better... anyway that's just a feeling, nothing concrete

44BigBert

Aug 20, 2004
yeah, i agree, Platini is a good example !!!

as i have said, this is my dream only. he couldn't become the world best player, hope he could become the best coach.

gray

Apr 22, 2003
I hope so too, but just looking at Del Piero's lack of leadership skills, I don't know if he'll be strong enough to keep hot-headed players under control. If he does become a coach, his best hope of being in control of his players is hoping they respect him as a gentleman and a professional

44BigBert

Aug 20, 2004
haha....
does juve has a U-14 team ??? he better starts and learns from there if he really become a coach.

on the other side, it is bad to see a player with world class potenial, but just seems like he missed something to reach his top. Is he unlucky ??? i don't know !!! may be he didn't meet a right coach at right time. (having said that without taking away any respect to Lippi)

_Emerson

Aug 13, 2004
++ [ originally posted by 44BigBert ] ++
yeah, i agree, Platini is a good example !!!

as i have said, this is my dream only. he couldn't become the world best player, hope he could become the best coach.

he couldn't become the world best player???, he was without a doubt that in 1997/98!

_Emerson

Aug 13, 2004
++ [ originally posted by gray ] ++
I hope so too, but just looking at Del Piero's lack of leadership skills, I don't know if he'll be strong enough to keep hot-headed players under control. If he does become a coach, his best hope of being in control of his players is hoping they respect him as a gentleman and a professional
What do you mean with lack of leadership?. And of course he would be strong enough to deal with hot-headed players.
But that said, DP as a coach, that will never happen, i think it is more likely that he gets some kind of Bettega position or something.

gray

Apr 22, 2003
he won't be remembered as the best if it was only for one season and it all went to shite after that

_Emerson

Aug 13, 2004
True, but he will also be remembered for the unlucky one who got most of his career and potential ruined by injuries, but still was able to be at the top and shine at occasions.

The sad thing with Del Piero is that when he finally is beginning to show form and signs of the great past, then he gets injured, it most be very frustrating, i really hope he will stay free from injuries this season, because im sure he would be awesome then.

Alex

May 1, 2004
We have a new coach, new players and a new stlye of play. Who knows perhaps Del Piero could be revived. I don't think we would ever sell him. If he ever was to be sold i would only want on the grounds that it was in his best interests. Del Piero could easily make it at scond string EPL side. Having said that would it not be worth loaning him out to say Bolton?

44BigBert

Aug 20, 2004
with the intensive playing style in England, i think he willl probably get more injuries than now....

anyway, DP will stays in Turin for life from a player to management or coach, whatever he will.

Len

Feb 13, 2004
I think Del Piero has good leadership skills...I don't know why....everyone in the team seems to respect him...

_Emerson

Aug 13, 2004
++ [ originally posted by Len ] ++
I think Del Piero has good leadership skills...I don't know why....everyone in the team seems to respect him...
he has carisma (or what is it called), he is a symbol, and a nice person, thats why. Plus he's been in Juve for soon 11 years now. Thats why everyone in the team respects him.

Erkka

Mar 31, 2004
++ [ originally posted by Espectro ] ++
Well lets see what happend this season and then we can discuss about selling him or not
whatever happens, I don't think we'll sell him... He'll stay with us until he decides to retire...

tassard

Jul 30, 2004
Juventus to sell Alex?No way.He is our natural captain.If we sell him i will be very sad.He is the recent history of Juventus.And tha most loved of the juve's gold 8 years

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)