Del Piero To Chelsea? (1 Viewer)

Jul 12, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Desmond ] ++
even then,del piero is always given special attention when he plays.you can't deny that.henry,for some reason,doesn't seem to have so many defenders around him even when he isn't sprinting.

or maybe it's just that we've been wathcing different games of henry playing;)
There's actually two reasons for that:

1. Henry is about three times faster than Del Piero and about twice as fast as any Premiership defender, thus, there won't be anybody around him when he's sprinting.

2. With Juve, the opponents need only mark out Nedved and Del Piero. With Arsenal, they've got to worry about Ljungberg, Pires, Bergkamp, Vieira, Edu, Lauren, and especially Ashley Cole. The diversity of attacking options at Arsenal means that the opponents can't focus on Henry too much.

Jul 28, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Ian ] ++

There's actually two reasons for that:

1. Henry is about three times faster than Del Piero and about twice as fast as any Premiership defender, thus, there won't be anybody around him when he's sprinting.

2. With Juve, the opponents need only mark out Nedved and Del Piero. With Arsenal, they've got to worry about Ljungberg, Pires, Bergkamp, Vieira, Edu, Lauren, and especially Ashley Cole. The diversity of attacking options at Arsenal means that the opponents can't focus on Henry too much.
spot on analysis ian....in serie a they let zambo go as they know there is only soo much he can do before he has to go back...thus singling out neddy and dp as targeted men.

Jul 12, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Square ] ++
dont get carried away.

ned and del piero are the only two juve players opponents mark?! :LOL:
That's not what I said. I said that opponents only need to "mark out" Del Piero and Nedved. That means that if the opponent marks Del Piero hard, and double teams Nedved, then the rest of the squad is gonna suck because no one will get good service. Zambrotta can only do so much from left back, and Camoranesi sucks. Compare that to Arsenal where every player except Sol Campbell is a real scoring threat from the run of play, and they can all give good service to each other. That spreads the defense of the opposition much more than Juventus' attack, and thus Henry has much more space than Del Piero.

Jul 28, 2002
hahah even toure playing cb is more dangerous than our midfield bar neddy and possibly enzo.

xNeo

Feb 10, 2004
I don't believe its DP at all, he might be playing bad this season but he doesn't have the support her needs. Did you see him play with Totti and Vieri against Germany? He was amazing, keeping possession, and people were actually open. When he has support he is an amazing player. I don't want to see him go, rather get someone who is a real play maker like Totti, not Nedved.

gray

Apr 22, 2003
++ [ originally posted by Square ] ++
dont get carried away.
ned and del piero are the only two juve players opponents mark?! :LOL:
Oh come on, stop taking it so literally. He meant that DP and Nedved are the only players that defenders rush to shut down in numbers. The reason for this is because they know that once these two have been nullified, there's not much else to worry about. This is different from Arsenal, where they have a huge host of players who can make chances and harass the defence, so the defenders have a much harder task than just marking Henry. I mean who's gonna make all the attacking threat for Juve? Trezeguet? I don't think so... it might be argued that we have other creative players such as Zambro and maybe Maresca, but truth be told it's not like they need to be man-marked, and they just haven't got the explosive attacking ability that can turn the tide of the match single-handedly

Signor

Jul 13, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Dj Juve ] ++

yeah ina way yes, but DP isnt what Henry is to Arse or Vieri is to Inter. He CAN be replaced, very easily IMHO.

lemme ask you something, and be very very honest. who would you rather play in your team, Dp or say Aimar/Rosicky etc.
dude, Aimar and Rosicky are above average players with great potential nothing more, and both of them are not marching their repective teams. Look at the condition of Dortmund and Valencia ( yeah they are good but without Aimar ).

Jul 12, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Signor ] ++
dude, Aimar and Rosicky are above average players with great potential nothing more, and both of them are not marching their repective teams. Look at the condition of Dortmund and Valencia ( yeah they are good but without Aimar ).
You're joking, right? Aimar and Rosicky are both worldclass players right now. Just watching them play, you can see it: the vision, the passing, the shooting, the ball control. They've got it all and they use it well. That why they are worldclass, and they are young so they have potential to develope into really amazing players like Cruijff or Maradona.

Jul 12, 2002
++ [ originally posted by John #10 ] ++
Or even the mighty zizou??
Yeah, I guess so...I don't know, I used to really like Zidane, and even Fgio, and thought that they would be legends, but the whole Real Madrid, Galaticos thing is really starting to piss me off...

Sparty

Mar 17, 2004
Look if is true what they are saying in the english press that Abramovich if offering Mutu plus 30 milion €. Juventus would be really nuts not to accept that offer but seriously nuts...we could rebuild our defense and midfield and maybe keep Trez. Not to mention that Mutu would be a great buy! Always loved him since Verona. The guy is pure flair...

Erkka

Mar 31, 2004
Ian seems to be quite smart... Even though he is Swedish... Just kidding... Aimar is better right now, but Rosicky will develop and is probably going to be better in the near future...

Erkka

Mar 31, 2004
Oh c'mon fellows, DP isn't going anywhere, he's a Bianconeri forever kind of guy... And Mutu sucks by the way, he's been really bad in Chelsea...

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
++ [ originally posted by jepsu2 ] ++
Oh c'mon fellows, DP isn't going anywhere, he's a Bianconeri forever kind of guy... And Mutu sucks by the way, he's been really bad in Chelsea...
Mutu sucks? Remember last year with Parma? He was surely better than any of our strikers. Moggi, take the deal, it would be amazing.

Hey, why not sell Trez as well. That way we can bring in Van der Vaart or Aimar, along with Zlatan and Gilardino. Hey, after last night we might as well change the whole team!

Sparty

Mar 17, 2004
++ [ originally posted by jepsu2 ] ++
Mutu sucks? lol have you seen him the past season with Parma? it had the best striker ratings of the entire league not to mention he was the palyer that gave more assist as well.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)