Del Piero To Chelsea? (1 Viewer)

Jul 12, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Sparty ] ++
Mutu sucks? lol have you seen him the past season with Parma? it had the best striker ratings of the entire league not to mention he was the palyer that gave more assist as well.
You see, that's just it. He was great for Parma, but since moving to Chelsea, where he should be even better considering the relative level of defense, he hasn't put it together. He's been outshined by Gudjonsen and Hasselbaink, so why not get one of them instead. I'll take that 30 million deal, but I'd rather have Eidur than Adrian.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Sparty

Mar 17, 2004
++ [ originally posted by Ian ] ++

You see, that's just it. He was great for Parma, but since moving to Chelsea, where he should be even better considering the relative level of defense, he hasn't put it together. He's been outshined by Gudjonsen and Hasselbaink, so why not get one of them instead. I'll take that 30 million deal, but I'd rather have Eidur than Adrian.
I´m sorry Ian, but u cannot judge Mutu at his first season in England sometimes there adaptation problems that can influence a player form. I mean look at Veron in Italy he was the bomb since he went to England is not as good as he was here...

Jul 12, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Sparty ] ++
I´m sorry Ian, but u cannot judge Mutu at his first season in England sometimes there adaptation problems that can influence a player form. I mean look at Veron in Italy he was the bomb since he went to England is not as good as he was here...
Nah. Veron always sucked.

Len

Feb 13, 2004
Mutu is struggling in England
I reckon someone bring him back to Italy, where he belongs.
That goes for Veron too

The Arif

Jan 31, 2004
mutu + 30 mil for dp is very good solution, but i don't think juventus will sell him at any price...

btw, how many euros are 25 mil pounds.?

Jul 28, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Ian ] ++

the epl i a lot faster, which is not really mutu's style of play, serie is a lot slower than epl....well everything is a lot slower than epl, but in serie a u need technical ability , mutu has it.

Imo mutu is still a class player, but he shouldnt have gone.

Jul 12, 2002
++ [ originally posted by John #10 ] ++
the epl i a lot faster, which is not really mutu's style of play, serie is a lot slower than epl....well everything is a lot slower than epl, but in serie a u need technical ability , mutu has it.

So, let me get this straight...You are defending Mutu by saying that he is too slow for the EPL and thus we have to bring him to Italy? I don't buy it. If you can't make the tactical decisions fast enough in Enlgand, you aren't going to be able to do it Italy.

Sparty

Mar 17, 2004
++ [ originally posted by John #10 ] ++

I'm sorry John I usually agree with most of ur discussions, but in this one I strongly disagree. The EPL is much slower than the serie A in England they barely adopt pressing.On the other hand in Italy u have splits of second to decide what u gonna do with the ball. Thatis one of the big reasons why is so hard for Spanish and English players to adapt in Italy, cuz in their respective countries they have much more time to think their play.

Mutu can make it in England and as a matter of fact is not playing horrible is just that Ranieri prefers another type of player, tha tis like Lippi choosing DP over Miccoli. Also Mutu is probably having adaptation problems. With no offence to England, but to live in Italy is one thing and to live in England its another...If Mutu made it serie A I'm sure he can make it in England.

Elnur_E65

Feb 21, 2004
With all due respect to Roman Abramovich, which got rid of all his competitors in iron and oil business of Russia, I think that following Real Madrid's path is simply wrong.

If you want to win a football game you must use your brains, not your wallet.

Jul 12, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Pendir ] ++
With all due respect to Roman Abramovich, which got rid of all his competitors in iron and oil business of Russia, I think that following Real Madrid's path is simply wrong.

If you want to win a football game you must use your brains, not your wallet.
You see, that's just the thing, he's not following Real's path. He has bought youth, as well as experienced stars, and he's invested in domestic players too. Furthermore, he's concerned with the defence and stayed true to the experienced players at the club: Lampard, Dessailly, Hasselbaink.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)