Del Piero To Chelsea? (2 Viewers)

Dominic

Jan 30, 2004
++ [ originally posted by Graham ] ++

That's my point exactly. You can't say that Inter don't have talented players, they just don't know how to use them

I don't like Mutu's attitude either.

---

Anyway about Del Piero. Think about it, he is (when playing) one of the tighest marked men in the serie A, like someone here already said: Trez doesn't pull way defenders too make room for Trez, Ale' makes room for Trez even if Ale' has an off-day.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Gandalf

Jul 28, 2003
releasing DP is just profitable as selling any other average player we have.. I mean, getting rid of his salary wages is enough..

Dominic

Jan 30, 2004
It's everything but profitable!. Do you have any idea how much money Del Piero brings in through merchandising(shirts etc) etc ?!A lot of ticket holders come to see Del Piero. Del Piero brings in a lot of money.. trust me.

aressandro10

Jul 30, 2003
++ [ originally posted by Dominic ] ++

I don't like Mutu's attitude either.

---

Anyway about Del Piero. Think about it, he is (when playing) one of the tighest marked men in the serie A, like someone here already said: Trez doesn't pull way defenders too make room for Trez, Ale' makes room for Trez even if Ale' has an off-day.

yeah.. when was the last time you see Ale pulling away any defender? :rolleyes:

aressandro10

Jul 30, 2003
It's everything but profitable!. Do you have any idea how much money Del Piero brings in through merchandising(shirts etc) etc ?!A lot of ticket holders come to see Del Piero. Del Piero brings in a lot of money.. trust me.

and lots of blind fans too....:stress:

Trezeguet_FC

Mar 26, 2003
no way do I want DP leaving juventus after I saw a video with his first 100 Serie A goals with Juve. Damn son!!!! AMAZING GOALS! I have Baggios first 200 goals in Serie A, and honestly, overall, they were both great, but i prefered DP's ;) just cause i like how his shots are always taken at the hardest angles, and they still always go in. DPs were just beauties. Each goal either had a nice dribble, an amazing kick, lob or fine touch. FORZA DP FOR LIFE! Hes a legend guys.

Adrian

Jan 31, 2003
what i dont get is that no one is talking about replacements. for many seasons, we have lacked back up to del piero and now that we have miccoli and dp, who can rotate as support strikers, we want to sell one.

if we sell del piero, who do we bring in?

Monkfish

Jun 14, 2003
I am fed up with DP not performing and being injured a lot of the time.

However, whenever he is in the team - there is always a chance he could do something. He always offers hope - not all players do this.

But, again, he often doesn't deliver and because you know he can - he makes you tear your hair out when he doesn't.

aressandro10

Jul 30, 2003

Yes.. Aressandro10

hey.. now that you bolded and resize my nick, i notice that its pronounciation is very close to Del Piero 's ' Alessandro' :dazed: .... what do you know, 10 is the shirt number registered to him as well...:eek:

now how could that happen :p

Ahmed_

Bench Warmer
Dec 23, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Monkfish ] ++
I am fed up with DP not performing and being injured a lot of the time.

However, whenever he is in the team - there is always a chance he could do something. He always offers hope - not all players do this.

But, again, he often doesn't deliver and because you know he can - he makes you tear your hair out when he doesn't.
In your case only

He is always delivering whenever i watch him play ....when i saw him leaving the pitch against depor i knew we will not qulify ...

Signor

Jul 13, 2002
Just a Question, I need someone good enough to answer it so that i can refresh my memory, when did Del Piero play good (good season) and we still lost and visa versa ?? I mean trophies not single matches btw!

P.S I Believe it's the overall team performance which pictures any player either good or bad. not visa versa pals. Do i make sense?!

Ahmed_

Bench Warmer
Dec 23, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Signor ] ++
Just a Question, I need someone good enough to answer it so that i can refresh my memory, when did Del Piero play good (good season) and we still lost and visa versa ?? I mean trophies not single matches btw!

P.S I Believe it's the overall team performance which pictures any player either good or bad. not visa versa pals. Do i make sense?!
DP played very good in 96/97 & 97/98 CL but we lost both cups

Dj Juve

Jul 12, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Signor ] ++

yeah ina way yes, but DP isnt what Henry is to Arse or Vieri is to Inter. He CAN be replaced, very easily IMHO.

lemme ask you something, and be very very honest. who would you rather play in your team, Dp or say Aimar/Rosicky etc.

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
If the price is right, he'll be sold.

Someone mentioned merchandising as a reason for Juve keeping him. Fans will buy Juve gear no matter who is on the team, so that theory doesn't hold water, whether DP is here or not.

It all comes down to quality of play on the field, and are they unequivicably a better team with Alex on the field than off of it. It has been pretty hard this year to determine that since he has missed so much time, but the fact of the matter is, the older he gets, the more injury prone he becomes, and if defenders are going to keep mauling him every time he touches the ball, then he may never be truly injury free again, at least not in Serie A.

Its also very possible that he has lost a step, which is why defenders are able to catch up to him and make life miserable. If they had better attacking midfielders it could make life a lot easier for everyone involved.

maybe, just maybe, the question is not should DP be sold, but should Nedved be sold instead?

His play has dropped considerably this year, and he's also two years older. The difference is that there are a lot of teams who are tantalized by the prospect of having a ballon d'or winner on their team, and therefore would pay a higher price for someone (Nedved) who may be even further on the downward slope than some others (DP).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)