Del Piero taking drugs? (1 Viewer)

Aug 1, 2003
I think in a way we'll never know. We can't change these things- ultimately it comes down to the sport facilitators, doctors and most of all own players. If they do take illegal drugs its not right, but most people would do anything for success and fame, which is a sad case really, but that's how the world is coming into.

Ian, you're a doctor? Nice! My sister's doing her medical course at India :D

Layce Erayce

Aug 11, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Kaiser Franco ] ++
Del Piero in 96/97 was a thin, almost frail player who could only rely on his magnificent technique to get past his opponents.

Del Piero in 98 had become a robust, very muscular player, much proner to use his enhanced power and stamina to assert himself on the pitch.

Anyone denying this fact is either on a need to know football basis or just in total denial. But that's beyond the point.
ive heard a lot of people say that. and it would be obvious when looking at him. so my question is, do you have pictures to prove that?

Jul 12, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Kaiser Franco ] ++
Cocaine and heroin, you say? Oh the naivety. Cocaine is orange juice compared with some of the products that are circulating today. Nandrolone, EPO and the likes have the ability to kill a horse before you can say "drugs". At best, heroin will become a substitution product for a sportsman once he has retired and has turned into a drug addict as a result of all the poison he's been ingesting over the years. This is exactly what happened with Pantani.
That astounds me. Heroin can kill you with-in thrity seconds of injection. You need to do your research because Nandrolone is a naturally occuring substance in the human body. You'd need to be exposed to ridiculously large amounts of nandrolone for it to be life-threatening.

The Pado

Filthy Gobbo
Jul 12, 2002
And do we even need to compare the numbe of cocaine & Heroine related deaths to the nandrolone and EPO deaths. I have yet to see an overdose of nandrolone. Orange juice my kiester!

Jul 12, 2002
++ [ originally posted by sallyinzaghi ] ++
Ian, you're a doctor? Nice! My sister's doing her medical course at India :D
I'm not a medical doctor. I'm a doctor of international law and of economics.

Dec 27, 2003
ive heard a lot of people say that. and it would be obvious when looking at him. so my question is, do you have pictures to prove that?
No. Do you have two slices of salami covering your eyes?

That astounds me. Heroin can kill you with-in thrity seconds of injection. You need to do your research because Nandrolone is a naturally occuring substance in the human body. You'd need to be exposed to ridiculously large amounts of nandrolone for it to be life-threatening.
Nandrolone and EPO are just two hormones that came to mind and that are administered by the Dr Strangeloves. Nandrolone notably causes cardiovascular problems and abnormal pilosity among women. Amazing what Mother Nature has in store for us, eh? Note how that other natural hormone called testosterone is responsible for testicles' atrophy, impotence, irreversible androgen troubles among women, body distortions and cancers. EPO causes severe cardiovascular troubles (i.e. certainly higher than in the case of cocaine), severely alters the body's natural secretions and leads to severe bone distortions. Now, shall we go on and list the effects of the other hundred or so known products traded by the doping mafia?

When Pantani was banned from the Giro in 1999, it was not because they found anything in his blood (the doping industry is always one step ahead of medicine in making its new products undetectable), but because his hematocrite rate was so high following the absorbtion of EPO that the Giro officials could not let him continue the race without positively saying that his life was not in danger. This is how ****ed up things are in today's sports : unable as they are to counter this scourge, proper doctors can only try and interprete the reactions of the sportsmen's bodies in order to avoid a tragedy.

And do we even need to compare the numbe of cocaine & Heroine related deaths to the nandrolone and EPO deaths. I have yet to see an overdose of nandrolone. Orange juice my kiester!
Yes we do. This is what Guariniello's investigation is all about. He is trying to shed some light on the mysterious deaths of athletes who were using products years and even decades ago , i.e. when the doping industry wasn't as developed as it is today. This shall give us an idea of what the extent of the slaughter in-the-making is.

An overdosis is a pretty "unusual" way to die. How many people die of cocaine overdosis in my country each year? A handful. And of heroin? A few more. (Still an insignificant proportion compared with the number of those dying of alcoholism, and yet our benevolent government makes alcohol consumption legal). And bear in mind that heroin affects a far higher share of the population (anyone aged 12-85 is a potential user), not just a few thousands professional sportsmen.

I fail to see the logic in your reasoning anyway : IF they found out that conventional drugs might still be more dangerous than hormones and steroids (which I doubt), then that would justify their use? Whoever said that sports are healthy...

Dj Juve

Jul 12, 2002
i dunno. it's a strange feeling in me. he played his best during the time of the allegation. he's not really that great now, after the allegations.

and dont say its his cruciate knee ligaments thingie..

OP
Seven

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
  • Thread Starter #95
    Btw, if he took drugs back then, he wouldn't have stopped taking them. Or at least he would have started taking something else.

OP
    Seven

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
    Jun 25, 2003
  • Thread Starter #99
    Btw, I think Del Piero took and is still taking drugs. But everyone does and I don't even really care about it anymore. It's not like there still exists something like integrity in the world of sport these days..

River

Jun 15, 2004
    Kaizer surely it depends on how much of each drug you are talking about. Maybe if you loaded yourself on nandrolone it would be fatal, but im pretty sure it would take a significantly smaller dosage of heroin to kill.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)