Del Piero may move on (1 Viewer)

Zé Tahir

JhoolayLaaaal!
Dec 10, 2004
Juventus captain Alessandro Del Piero has said he does not see himself ever playing for another club in Italy.

Speculation has linked the 31-year-old with a move away from the Bianconeri, and the striker was unable to confirm that he would stay with the Italian giants beyond this season.

"Should I stay next season? I'll talk about it soon," he told La Stampa.

"At the moment I'm concentrating on what I'm doing then we will talk about contracts.

"I want to play on for another 6 years. At Juve? Who knows?"

The Juventus captain has always said he would like to play overseas once his career at Juve was over, and this could happen sooner than perhaps many imagined.

"I'll be 32 in November and I've always been determined to keep on playing but I don't see myself playing for another Italian Club. I could play for Los Angeles Galaxy," he said.

"It's one of those decisions that you have to make in life."

-Sky Sports

plz don't, don't ruin your beautiful carrier!!

Buy on AliExpress.com

Tifoso

Sempre e solo Juve
Aug 12, 2005
Obviously new contract posturing..

Greg, as much as I'd hate to see him leave Juve, it would be cool to watch him here on the left coast.

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
Tifoso Lou said:
Obviously new contract posturing..

Greg, as much as I'd hate to see him leave Juve, it would be cool to watch him here on the left coast.
Oh, I don't doubt that! But it would be sad to see someone of his legendary status be so underappreciated out here.

Tifoso

Sempre e solo Juve
Aug 12, 2005
swag said:
Oh, I don't doubt that! But it would be sad to see someone of his legendary status be so underappreciated out here.

This is true...

He's staying at Juve, anyway (*Lou keeps repeating that over and over, while curled up in a fetal position, rocking back and forth*)

Jem83

maitre'd at Canal Bar
Nov 7, 2005
Vinman said:
I might have taken him seriously, right up until he mentioned the LA Galaxy part :rofl2: :rofl2: :rofl2:
Actually, that's the part that made me take him seriously...

He feels so much for Juventus that he doesn't want to play for another Italian side, which he won't, and he doesn't want to play for another European side neither.
So he'll go to L.A. with his closest family, experience The USA for a few years (which I would assume is a pretty cool place to live if you have lots of $$$, which Del Piero has), basically to keep PLAYING at a decent level.

Keep in mind, by that time he's already won his second European Cup with Juventus (May, 2006) and it's ok for him then to go to America and become a huge success in their average league. He could do that with his eyes closed and when that's all done and dusted, he'll say it was all for the fun of it and for the sake of just playing football.

Then he'll return to Turin and chill for a few years, and when he's sick of housework and gardening he'll turn up at FIFA HQ to take the coaching certificate and various licences.

The rest, as they say, is history :smoke:

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
If he comes to the United States, I, along with many other football supporters here, will undoubtedly welcome him with open arms. Seeing Del Piero play in the MLS would be worth more than the price of admission, and such a move would be great for the MLS in general. Many international stars have stated they could perhaps play in the MLS one day; Youri Djorkaeff already does play here, and David Beckham has stated several times in the past he would love to come to America at the end of his career. I don't see what's so funny about this to be honest...it's good business for all parties involved, including the Del Pieros, Beckhams and Djorkaeffs.

Tifoso

Sempre e solo Juve
Aug 12, 2005
Andy said:
If he comes to the United States, I, along with many other football supporters here, will undoubtedly welcome him with open arms. Seeing Del Piero play in the MLS would be worth more than the price of admission, and such a move would be great for the MLS in general. Many international stars have stated they could perhaps play in the MLS one day; Youri Djorkaeff already does play here, and David Beckham has stated several times in the past he would love to come to America at the end of his career. I don't see what's so funny about this to be honest...it's good business for all parties involved, including the Del Pieros, Beckhams and Djorkaeffs.
I would imagine that he'd get payed twice the money he makes in Italy, as well.

Can you say "LA road trip"? :D (since San Jose is gone :cry: )

barış

i don`t guess he pays attention to money so he won`t go to anywhere to make more money. he always plays in juve otherwise he may stop playing

OP
Zé Tahir

Zé Tahir

JhoolayLaaaal!
Dec 10, 2004
  • Thread Starter #20
    Andy said:
    It would be great for US football but a demotion for an Italian/European footballer. Unlike Americans, rest of the world isn't as $ minded, so I would doubt Del Piero would see the "good business" in a move like that. If he did it to develop the league, then I see many other leagues who play in countries where football is 10x more enjoyed than the US. Places where they've been unfortunate to have poor leagues. Their people are hungry for good football. (Think Portugal, etc.)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)