Del Piero: I’ll be Euro star (4 Viewers)

IncuboRossonero

Inferiority complex
Nov 16, 2003
++ [ originally posted by Ali ] ++
I have studied Gattuso's game on numerous occassions and I rate him as a destructive player. He is a dirty player period (some may call his style - Hard man). I dislike this type of play. You can win the ball at the mid without necessarily resorting to violence.
Others who fall into this category: Tacchinardi, Davids (albeit he has more flair than the other two when going forward) etc.

Disclaimer: I have nothing personal against Gattuso or the above named players.
Seriously if I have said this TIME and TIME again..if you are NOT Italian you probably see the Italian team as Juve, Milan, Lazio, Rome..etc. players thus can barely have an unbiased view since your contempt for the players team influences your decision.
Secondly, if you are studying a player you need to get a life...STUDYING? Seriously dude...sell that horseshit to the tourists. Gattuso..dirty? Where is your evidence? He certainly does not get a plethora of yellow cards whereas the same cannot be said about "dirty" players like Montero, Materazzi and Dino Baggio. Why would a team like Milan who has gotten rid of like Contra and Davids for attitude problems keep a "dirty" player when they are constantly ranked as one of the best in the World. If your theory held true he LIKE Tacchinardi and Dino Baggio would politely be given the "no go" for the National Team..considering he had a falling out with Trap last year there was no favortism towards Gattuso and if his style of play is as destructive as you say (Of course the Great Ali studied Gennaro Gattuso's play...I don't know if Trap. can match that..) he would not get the call up.

Ali

Conditioned
Contributor
Jul 15, 2002
++ [ originally posted by IncuboRossonero ] ++
Seriously if I have said this TIME and TIME again..if you are NOT Italian you probably see the Italian team as Juve, Milan, Lazio, Rome..etc. players thus can barely have an unbiased view since your contempt for the players team influences your decision.
Secondly, if you are studying a player you need to get a life...STUDYING? Seriously dude...sell that horseshit to the tourists. Gattuso..dirty? Where is your evidence? He certainly does not get a plethora of yellow cards whereas the same cannot be said about "dirty" players like Montero, Materazzi and Dino Baggio. Why would a team like Milan who has gotten rid of like Contra and Davids for attitude problems keep a "dirty" player when they are constantly ranked as one of the best in the World. If your theory held true he LIKE Tacchinardi and Dino Baggio would politely be given the "no go" for the National Team..considering he had a falling out with Trap last year there was no favortism towards Gattuso and if his style of play is as destructive as you say (Of course the Great Ali studied Gennaro Gattuso's play...I don't know if Trap. can match that..) he would not get the call up.
Why do you always go to great lengths to point out your nationality? I sense some insecurity. I have never claimed to be an Italian & I don't see the italian national team as purported by you. So don't dictate that to me. However I have my personal favourites (players that is) of which I am entitled to be biased for or against & that is why I am an individual & since you incubo have decided to ignore that then obviously there is no need flogging a dead horse. And stop twisting my words, you know very well what I meant when I said I have studied his style of play so no need to take an unnecessary poke at me. It seems that I've airked you somewhat & that was not my intention. No need to feel threatened "by the Great Ali" :LOL: as you succintly put it. There are some players who have perfected the art of being dirty without pushing the ref to the limit, Gattuso is a good example. Why don't we just wait & see how he fairs at the euro then we can pick it up from there & disagree again. After all I am just a Kenyan & you are just an American :rolleyes:

epitaph

Feb 16, 2004
++ [ originally posted by IceBlu ] ++

He had just recovered from a serious injury and his father had been ill. (died soon later)

Your hate for Del Piero is legendary but learn to shut up once in a while.
this is for you Ice:thumb:

IncuboRossonero

Inferiority complex
Nov 16, 2003

Why do you always go to great lengths to point out your nationality? I sense some insecurity.
There was a point to my highlighting the fact I was Italian which you obviously missed...

I have never claimed to be an Italian & I don't see the italian national team as purported by you. So don't dictate that to me. However I have my personal favourites (players that is) of which I am entitled to be biased for or against & that is why I am an individual & since you incubo have decided to ignore that then obviously there is no need flogging a dead horse.
You have proven my point so PERFECTLY...you see Juve, Milan, Roma and Lazio (and so on) and don't see one ITALIAN team..your first choice is for your team stars to shine even if it means the team must be at risk. What does your personal favorites have to do with an entitlement of an opinion..everyone is entitled to an opinion...from the CEO at Microsoft to the guy talking to the pigeons in Central Park: what is your point?? It does not necessarily mean that BECAUSE you have the right to an opinion its the right one. More over, you are admitting its a biased opinion...so how could your opinion on the formation of the team be beneficial to the National Team??

And stop twisting my words, you know very well what I meant when I said I have studied his style of play so no need to take an unnecessary poke at me. It seems that I've airked you somewhat & that was not my intention. No need to feel threatened "by the Great Ali" :LOL: as you succintly put it.
To be honest in my whole life watching football and year in Italy (presently) I never even heard individuals who WORK for clubs say "I have studied this player" let alone a fan. And no I have no clue what you mean when you say you studied his style. You stood in front of the tv while Milan played and watched only Gattuso..took notes...created an excel spreadsheet with columns such as "hits" "tackles" and "fouls"....or maybe you just sat after the match and summarized Gattuso's play in yoru head. Sorry dude but its not an everyday term I come across too often even in a hotbed of football like Italy.
Oh yeah and don't get your hopes up ... you haven't irked me...you have annoyed me because your statements are without any evidence or justification. I.E. I studied the war in Iraq and its wrong.

There are some players who have perfected the art of being dirty without pushing the ref to the limit, Gattuso is a good example. Why don't we just wait & see how he fairs at the euro then we can pick it up from there & disagree again. After all I am just a Kenyan & you are just an American :rolleyes:
Speaking of insecurties...what does Nationality have to do with anything..where in my posts did I bring up the fact that you were a non-American?? Why are you resorting to this cheap tactic to gain some sympathy and paint a picture of me as the "big bad American" hitting down on the poor individual from an underdeveloped nation??
Perfected the art of being dirty?? I guess that is what teams like Milan and the National team look for then right...his play, his style and his determination is all horseshit..its his style that has gained him the success he enjoys today :rolleyes:

Aug 26, 2003
national team played today or??

I read that they play against a team i don't know the name and won 10:0 with the "reserves" Di Vaio also scored i think 3 goals!

than they played against Italian U17, U19 I don't know
won 7:0 Vieri 4 Goals, and one from il Capitano!

OP
The Arif

The Arif

Jan 31, 2004
  • Thread Starter #96
    ++ [ originally posted by simpson-juvefan ] ++
    national team played today or??

I read that they play against a team i don't know the name and won 10:0 with the "reserves" Di Vaio also scored i think 3 goals!

than they played against Italian U17, U19 I don't know
    won 7:0 Vieri 4 Goals, and one from il Capitano!

++ [ originally posted by Modo Bianconero ] ++
    In all 17 Italy goals were scored in two separate mini friendly matches this afternoon, but the new 4-3-3 formation was a surprise to observers.

Giovanni Trapattoni took the opportunity to test out different tactical systems, using the 4-4-2 in the first game against local side Tamai and an ambitious 4-3-3 to face the Under-17 Italy squad.

The opening encounter mainly involved the ‘reserve’ players and concluded with a rotund 10-0 scoreline. Bernardo Corradi and Marco Di Vaio were the stars with a hat-trick apiece, while Roma’s Antonio Cassano confirmed his fine form with a brace and three assists. The other scorers were Mauro Camoranesi and an Andrea Pirlo penalty.

Pirlo was also in the second outfit that beat the Under-17 squad 7-0 later that afternoon in another 80-minute encounter.

This was a particularly intriguing test, as Trap fielded an experimental 4-3-3 system with Pirlo in a deep midfield role, allowing Francesco Totti and Alessandro Del Piero to move closer to Christian Vieri upfront.

Although Vieri hit the headlines with four goals, three of which were set up by Totti, the crowd was impressed by Del Piero’s contribution. The Juventus captain scored a magnificent strike before thumping the woodwork twice. Totti and Simone Perrotta were also on target.

The only players who didn’t take part in either of these games were Stefano Fiore, Christian Panucci and Gianluigi Buffon, as they are struggling with minor fitness worries.

One man took part in all 140 minutes of football was Lazio fullback Massimo Oddo.

Italy 10-0 Tamai

Scorers: Corradi (3), Di Vaio (3), Cassano (2), Camoranesi (1), Pirlo (1, pen)

Italy: Peruzzi; Oddo, Ferrari, Materazzi, Favalli; Camoranesi, Gattuso, Pirlo, Di Vaio; Corradi, Cassano

Italy 7-0 Italy U-17

Scorers: Vieri (4), Del Piero (1), Totti (1), Perrotta (1)

Italy: Toldo; Oddo, Nesta, Cannavaro, Zambrotta; Perrotta, Zanetti, Camoranesi (Pirlo 35); Totti, Del Piero, Vieri

Dan

Back & Quack
    Mar 9, 2004
    Ill be the euro star? wow he is not at all modest..:rolleyes:

but Del piero i think will have a good tournament

Ferrari^M

Sep 3, 2002
    ++ [ originally posted by blackmint ] ++
    Ill be the euro star? wow he is not at all modest..:rolleyes:

but Del piero i think will have a good tournament
    That's just the stupid title that sites put to make them more interesting. In the article there is no such quote, or at least I haven't seen one

Maher

Juventuz addict
    Dec 16, 2002
    He did not make any good pass , he was less than ordinary like i predicted ,i dont know from where he will be a star , if u want to be a star in nt you must be a star in your team first:(

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 4)