Del Piero: I’ll be Euro star (3 Viewers)

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
++ [ originally posted by Modo Bianconero ] ++
see i think del piero will make it sweeter... its sweet to be controlling da italian national team wings left delpiero right camoranesi

As a fan of the Azzurri first and foremost above any other team, it really doesn't matter to me if the team is full of Juventus players or if there are none at all. As long as they win. All loyalties to club teams get thrown to the wayside, or at least they should be, when it comes to the national team.

maxmc

Jul 27, 2002
well i'm always happy when i see juve players wearing the azurri jersey..
i know i shouldn't care as long as they perform good, but it just fills me with joy when i see 5 juve players on the field
and cassono taking del piero's place would hurt my heart

baggio

Jun 3, 2003
Yea club loyalties should be thrown aside. But i think recent history has shown the Azzuri has always had atleast a handful of players from Juve on the field. This time, seems a lil different. But again, it doesnt really matter as long as they get the job done.

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
"Cassano does not have much to learn from Del Piero, except basic italian."

Totti should be in class as well.

gray

Apr 22, 2003
I'm mostly with Zlatan on this one. I don't hate Del Piero, but I learned long ago to face reality and not expect him to be a superstar at every major tournament, because he's been anything but that. Talk about injuries and personal tragedy, but the excuses are wearing thin.

Del Piero's credibility as one of the legends of the game is at stake, and as much as I don't rate him as highly as some, I like him as a man and as a player, and as unlikely as it seems, I hope he plays well and even carries Italy to the tournament.

IceBlu

Aug 26, 2003
I don't care who does well as long as Italy win BUT it would be much sweeter if Del Piero, Zambrotta and Buffon turn out to be the biggest stars of the tournament.

delpiero10

Apr 5, 2004
++ [ originally posted by Modo Bianconero ] ++
cassano can learn first how to be a man... then learn that he is not a god,,,,
This is what i mean, just because you think he is stupid and acts stupid doesnt mean that he dont deserves to go Euro. Cassano is a fantastic FOOTBALL PLAYER! so why care about anything else, most of you have already said you dont care as long as Italy are doing good/wins, doublemoral?.

IncuboRossonero

Inferiority complex
Nov 16, 2003
Andre and Franco hit the buttons: As an Italian I really don't give a damn WHO scores or brings us to glory...(NOTE I'm not making this statement and then saying "nevertheless I am rooting for so and so :rolleyes: ). I have shouted at the screen insisting Del Piero be taken off the bench and on the field and even yelled ALEX! albeit it once (Italy-Mexico)....

Unfortunately Alex better hope he is not replaced by Cassano because the word BENCH is not in that kids vocabulary. That said Alex has gotten some lucky breaks from someone pulling strings above AND nothing is guaranteed...even his playing poorly does not guarantee he will ride the bench.

Forza Italia.

Ali

Conditioned
Contributor
Jul 15, 2002
It would be great to see Italy lift the cup while playing exciting football & as Iceblu put it I too would be delighted if DP, Zambro & Buffon have a good tournament. However, it would a shame if Trap messed things up & Italy plays that boring score 1 and defend to death catenachio(sp) shyte.
As for DP I think this is his last chance to show what he is made of & I hope we see a glimpse of the 96/97.

Off topic:
I hope Gattuso will be a regular bench warmer.

IncuboRossonero

Inferiority complex
Nov 16, 2003
++ [ originally posted by Ali ] ++
It would be great to see Italy lift the cup while playing exciting football & as Iceblu put it I too would be delighted if DP, Zambro & Buffon have a good tournament. However, it would a shame if Trap messed things up & Italy plays that boring score 1 and defend to death catenachio(sp) shyte.
As for DP I think this is his last chance to show what he is made of & I hope we see a glimpse of the 96/97.

Off topic:
I hope Gattuso will be a regular bench warmer.
hmm so based on past performances..you want Del Piero to start and Gattuso to ride the bench..
yeah makes sense :rolleyes:
oh yeah and of course your not bias :dontcare:

Ali

Conditioned
Contributor
Jul 15, 2002
Oh am biased incubo. I am 100% biased.
Sally I have my reasons for not wanting Gattuso.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)