Dejan Kulusevski (10 Viewers)

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
I slightly disagree with that. Imo he needs clear instructions on what to do when he has the ball. The problem is that in attack it's all about freedom for Allegri which suits these creative players with flair like Dybala for example. Conte on the other hand is very strict in how he wants the players to move and play in attack. I think Kulu could be a good fit for a Conte team.
I think he'll struggle in every team where spaces in attack are tight.
What we see with our eyes is confirmed by stats in Kulu's case. He's by far the team leader (in a negative way) in some very telling categories: he has 4.8 unsuccessful touches per 90 minutes (the second place here is Morata with 3.4); Kulu is the "leader" too in the "Dispossessed" stats - 2.7 times per 90 minutes (second place Morata again with 1.6).
He just cannot seem to learn how to position himself in order to receive and keep the ball, which can also be seen by the amount of times he is fouled, or how many times he makes the foul. He is fouled only 1.2 times in 90 minutes (13th place in Juve), and if you compare this with how often he is dispossessed, you'll see that defenders have no trouble at all to take the ball from him. And he fouls 3.4 times per match (1st place in Juve).

So it's not only about what to do when he has the ball, but he also has a problem to get the ball, and he doesn't seem to improve at all on this after a year and a half here. I am pretty sure that people are working with him daily on this, to no avail. Hence my "lack of intelligence" comment.

Jun 6, 2015
I think he'll struggle in every team where spaces in attack are tight.
What we see with our eyes is confirmed by stats in Kulu's case. He's by far the team leader (in a negative way) in some very telling categories: he has 4.8 unsuccessful touches per 90 minutes (the second place here is Morata with 3.4); Kulu is the "leader" too in the "Dispossessed" stats - 2.7 times per 90 minutes (second place Morata again with 1.6).
He just cannot seem to learn how to position himself in order to receive and keep the ball, which can also be seen by the amount of times he is fouled, or how many times he makes the foul. He is fouled only 1.2 times in 90 minutes (13th place in Juve), and if you compare this with how often he is dispossessed, you'll see that defenders have no trouble at all to take the ball from him. And he fouls 3.4 times per match (1st place in Juve).

So it's not only about what to do when he has the ball, but he also has a problem to get the ball, and he doesn't seem to improve at all on this after a year and a half here. I am pretty sure that people are working with him daily on this, to no avail. Hence my "lack of intelligence" comment.
He definitely loses the ball way too much and lacks intelligence on the pitch as you say. I think the biggest problem is that he tries to keep the ball for way too long and often ends up in these desperate situations where he is surrounded by multiple opponents. Somehow someone needs to get it into his head to keep it more simple and move the ball faster.

singus

Sep 22, 2020
I slightly disagree with that. Imo he needs clear instructions on what to do when he has the ball. The problem is that in attack it's all about freedom for Allegri which suits these creative players with flair like Dybala for example. Conte on the other hand is very strict in how he wants the players to move and play in attack. I think Kulu could be a good fit for a Conte team.
"Allegri is all about freedom in attack" lol
You cant be a football coach if you just let your attacking players figure things out on their own. How do you have a coherent plan or organization at all then.
I cant believe you actually let yourself believe in such nonsense and then goes spreading it here.

If that really is the case then we should fire his ass immediately or only paying him half, as he is only doing half the job of a real coach.

Apr 9, 2015
I do not dislike him, but we have to be honest. He is not on Juve's level and I think he won't in the future. Every bid above 30 million we should accept, because his value would be lower after another season of dissapointment.

He is too slow, not agile, need too much space and time to pull a top notch action, shot or pass. You know he can make that one key pass to score, but he never delivers because he needs too much time for litteraly everything. I think his only real quality is his footwork on the ball close to him when he isn't running. That is the moment when you see his pure technique and he is playing easily with the ball. Too bad, it is most of the time not in a match, more some skills for training ground. Sell to Paratici and his jews in London.

Jun 6, 2015
"Allegri is all about freedom in attack" lol
You cant be a football coach if you just let your attacking players figure things out on their own. How do you have a coherent plan or organization at all then.
I cant believe you actually let yourself believe in such nonsense and then goes spreading it here.

If that really is the case then we should fire his ass immediately or only paying him half, as he is only doing half the job of a real coach.
Of course you can. It's not some abnormal thing to give players the freedom to play and express themselves in the attacking third. Pep for example is another disciple of that school of thought. Although he and Allegri obviously differ greatly in some other areas as coaches.

Here's Henry's quote on how they played under Pep for example:
"He puts everything in place to get the ball up to the final third of the pitch and then trusts his team to finish the job in the only area of the field that can’t be planned for."
Many of these guys have played football since they were 5-7 year old kids, you don't necessarily need to hold their hand in every situation. Football is a lot about instincts, especially in the attacking third, where you have very little time and space to make decisions.

And here is Allegri's opinion on the matter:
And Allegri insists the way to get the best out of players such as Ronaldo is to give them free licence to do as they wish on the field and not weigh them down with tactics.

"When the ball gets to Ronaldo, [Paulo] Dybala, Ronaldinho, [Clarence] Seedorf or [Andrea] Pirlo, I have to put the other players in a position to get the ball to them," Allegri told ESPN.

"Once they have the ball they decide what to do with it, what the best decision is. My son is eight and every now and then we go on YouTube and watch the great players, the amazing things they do in attack and in defence, because football is art.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 10)