Dejan Kulusevski (15 Viewers)

DanielSz

Sep 6, 2014
Kulu ranks in the 90th percentile in xA among all wingers/attacking mids. 72nd percentile in xpG+xpA. 74th percentile in shot creation. He also surprisingly grades out well defensively, 97th percentile in pressures, and 77th percentile in tackles. His dribbling and finishing are below average but he still finds ways to get involved in goals. He has 19 g+a in a season and a half of being a part time player. With Chiesa out whose time would be sacrificed by giving Kulu a bigger role? Berna? Kean? Yeah, I can live with that.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Gigiventus

Mar 3, 2017
I don't think the current Kulusevski is great for a wide role in midfield. He is better closer to goal imo. Seems to be able to make unusual passes and shots, dangerous in creating the final ball, on the right of a 433, closer to goal he can probably be great, like he was at Parma. Starting from further back exposes his limitations.

Very strange player.

Karim30

Allegri is back, life is back.
May 6, 2012
I don't think the current Kulusevski is great for a wide role in midfield. He is better closer to goal imo. Seems to be able to make unusual passes and shots, dangerous in creating the final ball, on the right of a 433, closer to goal he can probably be great, like he was at Parma. Starting from further back exposes his limitations.

Very strange player.
Tek
Defense
Mckennie-Arthur-Locatelli
Klusevski-Dybala-Morata
Hybrid 433/4312

MikeM

Footballing Hipster celebrating 4th place with Tuz
Sep 21, 2008
Kulu ranks in the 90th percentile in xA among all wingers/attacking mids. 72nd percentile in xpG+xpA. 74th percentile in shot creation. He also surprisingly grades out well defensively, 97th percentile in pressures, and 77th percentile in tackles. His dribbling and finishing are below average but he still finds ways to get involved in goals. He has 19 g+a in a season and a half of being a part time player. With Chiesa out whose time would be sacrificed by giving Kulu a bigger role? Berna? Kean? Yeah, I can live with that.
For me, he's not a wide player. But he has some strange effectiveness around the box.

Jäger

May 2, 2021
Hopeless team, defending with 7, including the likes of Arthur and Pellegrini. How do you defend against 433 with that setup?
It's the best we've got imo. Alternatively we can play 442 and have to deal with the horrendous prospect of Rabiot as LM again (and no Chiesa to compensate on the other flank) or alternatively play Kulu as winger in a 433/4231. But he doesn't have 90 mins in him, neither does he have the speed. I reckon he's built more for CAM

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
I hope I don't jinx him but I liked him tonight. He penetrated the right side a couple of times and it was great, plus he wasn't a turtle when he did so. Hopefully he manages to fix his problems, he has potential but there's just something lacking in order for him to explode.

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
I hope I don't jinx him but I liked him tonight. He penetrated the right side a couple of times and it was great, plus he wasn't a turtle when he did so. Hopefully he manages to fix his problems, he has potential but there's just something lacking in order for him to explode.
Was he as slow as he is for us while he was at Parma? I don’t remember him being crazy fast or anything, but I thought he had decent pace.

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
Was he as slow as he is for us while he was at Parma? I don’t remember him being crazy fast or anything, but I thought he had decent pace.
I didn't watch him often but when I did, even in highlights, he definitely had more power in his runs while at Parma. I had a feeling he turned into turtle here. I don't know if that's related to confidence, though.

Jun 16, 2020
He didn’t had insane speed, but you’d see him dribbling from his own box to the opponents quite often, winning duels by strength and turning in the awkward way he always does, but it worked and it was cool watching it.

Gervinho - Cornelius - Kulusevski was a great attack for Parma’s level and worked better than our attack has done so far.

PedroFlu

Sep 20, 2011
Yes, he always seemed kind of slow. But it seemed to be deceptive, given he had apparently good decision making and could find spaces. But it looked like he could mainly play on counters, not on open play.

Anyway, sell while he still has some value.

Nenz

Apr 17, 2008
The more I watch him the more I'm convinced he is a born klutz. His touches are so heavy. Don't think he's ever dribbled a marker or beat one for pace or strength. He can fumble his way through occasionally and he's poached a few goals. That is all.

IlCapitano

Dec 16, 2012
I don't rate him at all, I would sell him now even with Chiesa's injury if we have any chance to get at least 35m for him, but I don't see what's a guy who is best in open space, or at least was at Parma, supposed to do with no space at all. And not because Udinese are amazing at covering ground but because there is zero threat on the other side of the pitch.

Karim30

Allegri is back, life is back.
May 6, 2012
I don't rate him at all, I would sell him now even with Chiesa's injury if we have any chance to get at least 35m for him, but I don't see what's a guy who is best in open space, or at least was at Parma, supposed to do with no space at all. And not because Udinese are amazing at covering ground but because there is zero threat on the other side of the pitch.
Sell now I agree.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 12)