Defense Crisis: Who's fault is it? (1 Viewer)

Who's fault is it?

• Ageing (sluggish) defence.

• Moggi didn't go for the right defenders.

• Lippi's constant rotation of defenders.

• Davids move to Barca, leaving our defenders exposed.

Results are only viewable after voting.

dpforever

Prediction Game Champ 2003 & 2005
Jan 12, 2002
We all know that Juve's defensive line has come under fire for it's disastrous performances throughout the season. 27 Goals have been conceded, still counting. Who do you think is the most responsible for that?

Buy on AliExpress.com

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
I'd rather think it has something to do with Lippi's shortcomings in coaching. You don't age overnight and last year they hung on pretty well, there's no good reason for this sudden drop. I don't what it is, lack of motivation, not as hungry anymore etc. But I'm convinced it's on Lippi this one, not just down to the quality of the players.

gray

Apr 22, 2003
I'd say Davids' absence, but ultimately it comes to not dealing with his absence by signing some decent defenders when it was clear as mud that we needed to. So my vote goes to Moggi

Jul 28, 2002
We ALL knew that we needed a defender/s two years ago....now the choice of legrok has tunred out to be a shite decision, and we got nobody else to help sure up the defense.

We shoulda got the rejuvenation done last year, not this one.

kaizer

Nov 1, 2003
i voted for moggi.....but i think all are to be blamed.

1. moggi - for not buying quality defenders. but cant really blame him coz he cant predict that legro wud be disasterous this season. but still, he's responsible

2. lippi - for not getting more out of the players. i agree with martin, how can u "age" in just a few months? man-management on lippi's part is not rite somehow. milan have much older defence than us, and still they're the best in the league.

3. the players - it's really down to mind over matter. seems like they've lost that "will to win"

Mar 8, 2004
I BELIEVE THAT OUR DEFENCE ARE TIRED, ARE GETTING OLDER
AND I SHOULD SUGGEST WE GO FOR A MORE FRESH LEGS IN
DEFENCE. IMAGING JUVE CONCEEDING MORE GOALS. THE
WORST IN FORTY YEARS. WAKE UP JUVE MANAGEMENT GET US
GOOD DEFENDER AND YOUNGER ONES. I KNOW WE HAVE THE
RESOURCESS TO GET ANY GOOD DEFENDER IN THE WORLD. SO
GO JUVE BEFORE IT IS TOO LATE

Mar 8, 2004
I SUGGEST THAT SIR LIPPI HAS I WOULD LOVE TO CALL HIM
SHOULD PLEASE TAKE A BOW AND LEAVE US (JUVENTUS) ALONE.
WE ARE VERY GRATEFUL FOR ALL HE HAS DONE FOR JUVENTUS
IN RECENT TIME. WE NEED CHANGE. WE NEED NEW IDEAS AND
TACTICS.

Mar 8, 2004
FOR THE MANAGEMENT OF JUVENTUS, I BELEIVE THAT YOU HAVE
MADE A MISTAKES, AND THAT HAS CAUSE SO DEARLY. IMAGING
NOT BRINGING IN NEW SINGNING IN JANUARY TRANSFER FIESTA.
YOU CAN NOW SEE THE RESULT. WE ARE PERFORMING BAD
AND WOEFULLY. NO SINGLE PLAYER TO REPLACE THE LIKES OF
PIERO, ZAMBOROTA AND DAVID T AND THE REST TO MENTION
FEW. PLEASE GET US NEW COACH AND NEW PLAYERS NEXT
SEASON/

Layce Erayce

Aug 11, 2002
anyone who voted for ageing (sluggish) defence needs to be slapped with a shoe.

TRICK QUESTION YOU SHITEFACES!!!!!!

the defence would never have been ageing or sluggish IF moggi had gone for the right defenders!!!

Elnur_E65

Feb 21, 2004
I didn't vote because this multiple choice question did not have "All of the Above" option :)

Truely, everything except the Davids part contributed.

Both Lippi and Moggi are professionals. It simply didn't work out as we all wanted.

For three years Real Madrid has been winning with the poorest defense among top clubs. But look at MU- injuries and suspensions knocked them out of pracitally everything (except the FA where they'll get wooped by Arsenal)

But when we were topping Seria A and our CL group, Lippi was saying something like "we lose goals, but we also score more goals, and if that's what it takes to win- let it be". He thought that midfield and attack will keep playing well. He was wrong, but everyone makes mistakes!

Good question, by the way...

Torkel

f(s+1)=3((s +1)-1=3s
Jul 12, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Josh ] ++
anyone who voted for ageing (sluggish) defence needs to be slapped with a shoe.

TRICK QUESTION YOU SHITEFACES!!!!!!

the defence would never have been ageing or sluggish IF moggi had gone for the right defenders!!!
There are several ways of looking at it Josh. Look at a man who played brilliantly this sunday, Costacurta. He is one year older than Ferrara, 38. Montero is younger by a long stretch, but why can't he keep up the same level when Costacurta and Maldini can. Why can't Iuliano? Thuram?

Layce Erayce

Aug 11, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Torkel ] ++

There are several ways of looking at it Josh. Look at a man who played brilliantly this sunday, Costacurta. He is one year older than Ferrara, 38. Montero is younger by a long stretch, but why can't he keep up the same level when Costacurta and Maldini can. Why can't Iuliano? Thuram?
sorry just trying to stir controversy :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)