Davids: IN or OUT ?? (1 Viewer)

dpforever

Prediction Game Champ 2003 & 2005
Jan 12, 2002
Giraudo Assures : Davids Is Staying.

07/12/2002. Juventus sports director Antonio Giraudo, has met with Lazio president Sergio Cragnotti and has revealed that Edgar Davids is going nowhere

The two didn't speak about the Alessandro Nesta situation and Giraudo insisted that his club have no interest in the player.

"I only wanted to have the opinion of Cragnotti on the reform of the championship. Nesta? He is a great player, but does not interest us. Davids? Edgar remains with Juventus," said Giraudo.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
(originally posted by dpforever)
Nesta? He is a great player, but does not interest us.
Don't you just love those quick answers? :D It's like hearing from Moggi although this time it's Giraudo :eek: :D

OP
dpforever

dpforever

Prediction Game Champ 2003 & 2005
Jan 12, 2002
  • Thread Starter #3
    Personally, I really prefer Cannavaro over Nesta. He is more solid and more reliable. His best comes in high-level matches, like his unforgettable performance for Italy in Euro2000 and the World Cup recently. Besides, I think he would also cost much less than Nesta would.

(On a sidenote, I will never forget Nesta's sins in the Roman derby.)

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
    Well yes but that was only ONE GAME. Otherwise Nesta is highly regarded and by many more valuable for his skills to organize a defence unlike Cannavaro.

denco

Superior Being
    Jul 12, 2002
    Cannavaro is the brawns , the rock of the relationship while Nesta is definitely the brains and he is the classiest defender in the world. I guess his biggest problem is that he loves to hold on to shirts but he is a great defender. It seems Juve want to sell Davids not to use him to get a player or how else do u explaing wanting money and Lima for Davids but not interested in Nesta

Desmond

Jul 12, 2002
    a deal involving davids in a part exchange to roma is highly probable,but i think the only real replacement imho is vieira,so if we do not get him then no's my opinion.

BigIzz

Jul 12, 2002
    I'd like for Davids to return, because who do we replace him with if he leaves? However, I think the point is moot as I think its pretty certain he will be back.

nina

Davids leaving Juve would be like tearing out the motor from a car :down: Canna and Nesta are superb defenders, but I don't think we really need them. We have 5 CD (Thuram, Ciro, Tudor, Montero, Iuliano) and since we'll probably play 4-4-2 it means that we have 3 or at least 2 subs.

None of them would be easy to get, because Parma wants Brighi and a lot of cash and Lazio wants Davids and cash plus the possible switches of Birindelli for Favalli, Tacchinardi for Giannichedda, Iuliano for Couto. CRAZY!!!

Lets just keep Davids ;)

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
    Well it looks like it's likely that Davids will leave. There have also been talks suggesting he is up for a move, but only to Roma. Roma have sold Assuncao and are trying to get rid of Lima as well, and that should make room for Guardiola and Davids. So for a while now I've had a feeling Davids would go but so much has been said already that any of this is hardly conclusive..

But here is a question on behalf of those of us who are unable to follow the games closely.. is it true, as has been suggested by some sources, that he no longer performs up to the levels he used to 2-3 years ago? :confused: Or do you think he is just as good as he was at the peak of his popularity, around Euro2000?

Desmond

Jul 12, 2002
    (originally posted by Alex)
    But here is a question on behalf of those of us who are unable to follow the games closely.. is it true, as has been suggested by some sources, that he no longer performs up to the levels he used to 2-3 years ago? :confused: Or do you think he is just as good as he was at the peak of his popularity, around Euro2000?
    yes,i think so.no doubt he is till great,but a little off peak's the word.oh,why don't we just use davids in a part exchange with vieira if juve really want to sell himso much?

Dj Juve

Jul 12, 2002
    because Arse-nal want 50mil for Viera, and they dont really want Davids(i think) ;)

maresca is a defensive mid, like davids, and plus he's a great player to come. so keep davids here and when his time's up, use maresca instead.....simeple as that :)

nina

Originally posted by Alex:
    No, he's definitely not the "Euro" Davids, but he's not out of the game either :) Why do you think Roma wants him? If he was playing bad I don't think clubs would go after him. Besides, we have at least 2 midfield players who are worst than he is and we don't see them on the market list.

The ban got to him IMO and he's not really the youngest anymore. But he can still contribute a lot to Juve! We will never get another player with so much passion (sometimes slightly too much :angel: ) for the game as he has :heart:

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
    ++ [ originally posted by nina ] ++
    No, he's definitely not the "Euro" Davids, but he's not out of the game either :) Why do you think Roma wants him? If he was playing bad I don't think clubs would go after him. Besides, we have at least 2 midfield players who are worst than he is and we don't see them on the market list.

The ban got to him IMO and he's not really the youngest anymore. But he can still contribute a lot to Juve! We will never get another player with so much passion (sometimes slightly too much :angel: ) for the game as he has :heart:
    I'd still keep him.. ;) And Del Piero fans have some debts to pay off to the rest of you guys anyway so.. :D

nina

Roma boss Fabio Capello has urged the club to agree terms with Juventus for midfielder Edgar Davids.

The Giallorossi tactician is desperate to land the player that he once Coached at Milan in an attempt to strengthen his midfield.

"He is the only player that I have asked the President for," said Capello. "He is not just an ordinary player. He is extremely talented, a player that can make the difference.

"We wouldn’t become unbeatable with him in the side but we would be candidates to win every competition that we enter."

Davids is believed to be excited about the prospect of moving to the capital even if Juventus won’t decrease their asking price.

Roma have offered £8.5m plus midfielder Francisco Lima to the Delle Alpi side, but Juve want the Brazilian and close to £11m.

Latest speculation suggests that Roma could also offer a few of their promising youngsters in the deal such as Gaetano D’Agostino and Damiano Ferronnetti in order to convince Juve to sell.

Football Italia

Who dares to question Capello? :stuckup:

BTW anyone knows this Roma youngsters a little more?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)