Davids: IN or OUT ?? (1 Viewer)

Bongiovi

Jul 12, 2002
"He is the only player that I have asked the President for," said Capello. "He is not just an ordinary player. He is extremely talented, a player that can make the difference.

"We wouldn’t become unbeatable with him in the side but we would be candidates to win every competition that we enter."

Capello is a very intelligent man!!!......Juve should listen to him!!!

Buy on AliExpress.com

Spartacus

Jul 13, 2002
IMO Davids will leave us. We need cash.

I hope that Roma deosn't get him though. They would be too much with Davids. I mean can you imagine Tommasi on the right,Davids on the left and in the center Guardiola?...oh my god...what a midfield!

denco

Superior Being
Jul 12, 2002
If you want to kmow how good or bad Davids is, most teams like Lazio, Roma, Manunited and Arsenal if they had the chance will want to buy him. A lot of players are now on the wane anyway amd in my humble opinion, i dont think Davids played any worse than Nedved or Thuram as i saw all juve's matches and some man of the macth awards that nedved got were dubious. Davids will always give you passion as well as skill and i cannot believe juve are comtemplating selling him for Lima. And remeber the biggest problem Capello had with milan was selling off Davids so cheaply

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
Firstly I am going to discuss the Davids episode. There's no doubt about it,Edgar Davids is a very good player and I would like him to stay with the bianconeri,but I'm not sure that he will. Yes,Giraudo did say that Davids would stay,but if he is,then why buy Dacourt?

From what soccerage.com says it seems Juve have Dacourt in the bag,so what will happen to Davids now?

Lazio supremo Sergio Cragnotti stated that if Juve were to offer Davids then they could very well get Nesta,but Giraudo said that Juve are no longer interested in the Lazio captain, and that Davids would stay. This confuses me... Can somebody please explain this to me?

As for Cannavaro and Nesta..I myself prefer Cannavaro. Fabio has really impressed me lately,and Nesta has been taking those pain-killing injections,which could be bad for his future.

Anybody agree? If not tell me what you think...

nina

According to Lippi Davids and Dacourt are two different types of players: Edgar is a left wing and Dacourt is a CM. So from this point of view the players are not in eachother's way.

I'm doubting that this Dacourt news is right.

I don't know what exactly was on Giraudo's mind, but as far as I know we cannot offer Davids to Lazio, cause he has an agreement with Roma.

P.S. Welcome to the forum DP's_Apprentice :)

denco

Superior Being
Jul 12, 2002
I hope we don't sell Davids and i am not sure how true this Dacourt story really is but we can't afford to be selling world class talent every season

modan

Jul 13, 2002
we shouldn't sell davids...really. he is a great player, one that spices up a game, something like icing on a cake, he may look negligible, but he is where the true reason for victory lies. i think the dacourt deal is not real, i have been waiting for almost one whole day but i still dont get news of juve confirming the transfer.

i prefer cannavaro to nesta, nesta is careless in some occasions but cannavaro is more experienced and knows what he is doing, besides, cannavaro sounds nicer to me then nesta! :cool:

OP
dpforever

dpforever

Prediction Game Champ 2003 & 2005
Jan 12, 2002
  • Thread Starter #32
    Roma midfielder Francisco Lima has categorically stated that he will not be a pawn in the ongoing Edgar Davids to Roma saga.

The Giallorossi have offered Juventus the Brazilian plus a cash sum in return for Davids but Lima's words have now put a real spanner in the works.

"Me to Juve? Why should I go there? I want to remain here because I'm happy. I have another year on my contract and want to respect it," said Lima.

These words are unlikely to please Roma coach Fabio Capello who is desperate to get Davids on board.

=========================

That complicates the move and leaves Roma with no choice but to either give-up Candela or forget about Davids

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
    I wouldn't mind letting Davids go for Candela. That would be a great deal. With Candela we would have a brilliant replacement for the injured Pessotto. Candela could also end our left midfield problems. I believe Candela can play left mid,so he could play their and Pessotto at left back. This would allow Nedved to freely play behind the two strikers. During the absence of Zambro and Pessotto we could play a 3-4-1-2. I think this would work because if needed Candela could always drop back to help the defence. And as Lippi said,we could play with 2 defensive mids.

Buffon - Thuram,Iuliano,Montero - Camoranesi,Tudor,Dacourt/Brighi/Conte/Tacchi,Candela - Nedved - Trezeguet,Del Piero

This formation would be very versatile as in the blink of an eye we could convert to a 4-3-1-2. Thuram would just need to pull out to right back,Candela to left back and there ya have it.

nina

I don't know about Candela. He was awsome in the season when Roma won Scudetto but last year he didn't shine. Neither did he do good in the WC.

And I don't think he would be too keen on leaving his beloved friend :totti: all alone in Rome :D

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
    You guys are wicked. Making an emoticon for Totti and not Del Piero.:p You should be sent to jail.;)

nina

He's our fav non-Juve player ... well at least we have a LOT to tell about him :D That icon originally means "crybaby" and I think you would agree with the rest of us that it suits Totti perfectly ;) :D

s0ftcore

Jul 13, 2002
    This is mad, we shouldnt trade Candela for Davids....

we can't trade the world for Davids! Davids is the heart of Juve, and well, he might not be as good as last time, but he's still good. Damn Juve will make a bad choice if they sell him.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)