Davids: IN or OUT ?? (2 Viewers)

Sarah_old

Jul 30, 2002
According to DailySoccer, Juve is back to offering Davids to Arsenal in exchange for Vieira:frown:

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Juventus try again for Vieira, while Atletico Madrid want Pirlo

MILAN, July 29 - by Nadia Carminati (DS) With the road to AS Roma definitely blocked, it appears that in the last few hours Juventus have returned to offering Dutch midfielder, Edgar Davids to English side, Arsenal, also considering the positive feeling they have about the Carini affair. Davids could be the exchange pawn needed to see the arrival of French midfielder, Patrick Vieira.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

~Sarah

Espectro

The Grimreaper
Jul 12, 2002
Lippi set to offload uncontrollable Davids to Roma

TURIN, August 1 - by Nadia Carminati (DS) After the bad brawl he had on the pitch and in the dressing-rooms with AC Milan player Cosmin Contra, during yesterday's TIM Trophy (in which FC Internazionale also participated), Juventus seem even more interested in accepting AS Roma offers for Dutch midfielder Edgar Davids. The umpteenth brawl that saw him as the protagonist in fact suggested that the Juventus management want to sell him to avoid tranquillity difficulties with his teammates. According to rumours Marcello Lippi has already chosen a possible substitute for Davids: Parma's French midfielder Sabri Lamouchi, who would cost around €7 million. After the doping suspension Davids has frequently exhibited this type of uncontrolled behaviour: yesterday was only a friendly, but he was still given a red card. During the championship Lippi wants to count on a player who does not have these type of problems that risk lengthy suspensions.

Dailysoccer.com

Nekton

Oct 22, 2001
There must be an end to this repeative violent behaviour. He can't control his temper and he's damaging the whole team, I stand by my previous statement. I say sell him.

Jul 12, 2002
Any one who says that Davids shoul be sold because he fights too much is a coward and a fool. He isn't a good combative mid-fielder unless he is combative.

Nekton

Oct 22, 2001
++ [ originally posted by Rickenbacker2 ] ++
Any one who says that Davids shoul be sold because he fights too much is a coward and a fool. He isn't a good combative mid-fielder unless he is combative.
As long as he stays away from those totally pointless red cards I'd love to keep him. Unfortunately he doesn't.

Slagathor

Bedpan racing champion
Jul 25, 2001
He's passed his good period - he's getting older - he's having more disciplinary problems than a couple of years back.

We need to get a youngster! OK, maybe we don't need to sell him but we do need a good replacement for back-up in case of red cards which is undoubtly going to occur!

Jul 12, 2002
NO selling Davids!!!!!!!!!!

As for a very young replacement, not a bad idea. My thought was that Brighi was Davids ultimate replacement. Brighi partners Davids in mid-field, until Maresca is back, then Brighi and Maresca form the core of the best mid-field in Europe. Wasn't that the plan?

Jul 12, 2002
++ [ originally posted by ErikP ] ++
Hmm, can Brighi and/or Maresca really defend the midfield like Davids?
That is the question isn't it? I suppose that if they can, then it is no big deal, and if not, then some one will be brought in to handle those duties.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)