Davide Lanzafame (3 Viewers)

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
I know you're trying to mock some people, but don't forget this player has been loaned around the world for three years. Maybe that wasn't such a good idea, eh?
:tup:

It would have been nice to have a hand in his developement for the last 3 years but heh, we show more faith in other clubs than we do our own players.

As you once said...."ass backwards".

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
The world? Maybe in Juve's eyes :D

So do these players just train with the club for three years and come on occasionally for 10-15 minutes? All of them?

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
And no, for those who said, this guy is NOT striker. He is a winger, more of a wingforward in a 4-3-3 attack, but more winger then striker for sure.

I know you're trying to mock some people, but don't forget this player has been loaned around the world for three years. Maybe that wasn't such a good idea, eh?
So you think the issue is he should have been given the chance to fuck up 3 years ago instead of now? :D

He is obviously a better player now than then. done decently for Bari and Parma, and wasted at Palermo.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
So you think the issue is he should have been given the chance to fuck up 3 years ago instead of now? :D

He is obviously a better player now than then. done decently for Bari and Parma, and wasted at Palermo.
I'm just saying he could be a better player now if he would have stuck with us.

Again, it's only reasonable to say that different coaches have different methods of developing players. I don't know how one can say that having four teams in three years is actually good for a player's development. It can't be.

Buck Fuddy

Lara Chedraoui fanboy
May 22, 2009
Mocking certain people wasn't my intention, I just wanted to point out the hypocrisy.

There's this ongoing argument on here about the fact that we never give any chances to our youth players (despite the obvious examples to the contrary). And that they deserve to get those chances.

But when such a player (finally) gets a few chances, everyone writes him off immediately. Pretty much every post about him so far has been negative.

And this is Lanzafame we are talking about, not some random youngster. A while ago he was one our biggest prospects, if not the biggest.
More or less the same thing happened last season with Paolucci.

As for him being loaned out around the world (quite the exaggeration I would say) not being a good idea, that is up for debate.
Had he remained with us these past seasons he would probably never have set foot on the pitch. Instead he did get some playing time, impressing enough for us to give him a shot. I would tend to believe that this has actually been good for his development, but we'll obviously never know for sure.

Nenz

Apr 17, 2008
Mocking certain people wasn't my intention, I just wanted to point out the hypocrisy.

There's this ongoing argument on here about the fact that we never give any chances to our youth players (despite the obvious examples to the contrary). And that they deserve to get those chances.

But when such a player (finally) gets a few chances, everyone writes him off immediately. Pretty much every post about him so far has been negative.

And this is Lanzafame we are talking about, not some random youngster. A while ago he was one our biggest prospects, if not the biggest.

As for him being loaned out around the world (quite the exaggeration I would say) not being a good idea, that is up for debate.
Had he remained with us these past seasons he would probably never have set foot on the pitch. Instead he did get some playing time, impressing enough for us to give him a shot. I would tend to believe that this has actually been good for his development, but we'll obviously never know for sure.
In the cases of youth like Ariaudo and Giovinco we did give them chances and they did quite well. The problem was that even after they had proved themselves, we pushed them away. In Lanzafame's case however, he has stunk straight up. The man is just a useless person, at least in football. He might make a good carpenter or something.

Buck Fuddy

Lara Chedraoui fanboy
May 22, 2009
In the cases of youth like Ariaudo and Giovinco we did give them chances and they did quite well. The problem was that even after they had proved themselves, we pushed them away. In Lanzafame's case however, he has stunk straight up. The man is just a useless person, at least in football. He might make a good carpenter or something.
For us, he has indeed. For a complete total of what? 5 games? How is that giving him a "real" chance?

I liked what I saw of him the past 2 seasons though, especially last season. But it seems that he's only efficient when being played further up the pitch.

My point remains though, you can't bitch about our youth players getting a chance & at the same time bitch about our youth players not getting a chance.

Nenz

Apr 17, 2008
For us, he has indeed. For a complete total of what? 5 games? How is that giving him a "real" chance?

I liked what I saw of him the past 2 seasons though, especially last season. But it seems that he's only efficient when being played further up the pitch.

My point remains though, you can't bitch about our youth players getting a chance & at the same time bitch about our youth players not getting a chance.
He just looks really nervous on the ball, doesn't make very good decisions. I'm all for giving youth a chance but we should be starting in form players. We can experiment in training but we have 3 competitions to win. We saw where trying to give different players a go got us in EL.

Buck Fuddy

Lara Chedraoui fanboy
May 22, 2009
Can't say I disagree with you. He has looked far from ideal so far.

And I don't think anyone would mind it if he doesn't play a single game anymore for the rest of the season. But that would mean that he never got his real chance.

Hence the hypocrisy I was referring to...

Dominic

Jan 30, 2004

I dont think any really rated him as one of our biggest prospects, let alone the biggest. (Except for Dule :p)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)