David Trezeguet (11 Viewers)

GordoDeCentral

Diez
Apr 14, 2005
Roman hasn't played enough in world class level to warrant my judgement and when he did, what I mostly remember, is a disappointing spell at Barca. What is Villareal after all? I know you've followed him more closely, but this is how random football fans (not Boca fans) think of a random player like Riquelme: a choker, even if I find the term kind of overused/misused.

Alex is/will be always known as an example of footballing talent, a great player on and off the field. You'll hardly find anyone calling him a choker when he finishes his career.

Not people's fault, simply the huge difference between the two players' quality.

---------- Post added 28.02.2012 at 23:29 ----------

who are these random football fans? when did he choke? he played(starting) more international football than DP, and above all is more talented. Now, if riquelme is random, what do we say about someone like DP who never really did anything at the international level?

blʘndu;3541711 said:
ortega > riquelme
that statement is more sad than it is funny

king Ale

Oct 28, 2004
who are these random football fans?
Ordinary football fans, normal ones, those who don't follow Argentinian league. Riquelme's career in Europe (which is what football fans mostly follow) will be always remembered as an unsuccessful period at Barca plus a decisive missed penalty against Arsenal. Football fans tend to be memory less when it's about a Riquelme in a Villareal.

when did he choke? he played(starting) more international football than DP, and above all is more talented.
Wait, the reasons why he is not a choker are him starting lots of international football and being talented? :D

I'm not saying he choked, I don't like the term and I haven't seen him enough.

Now, if riquelme is random, what do we say about someone like DP who never really did anything at the international level?
Ale was dreadful in international level, a big big negative for his career, I'd say he was never mentally prepared for the pressure. Still, what he's achieved at Juve as a player can easily (but not totally) outweigh the NT disappointment. Now that's what Roman's lacking as a player which is a way bigger blow because club games are where players get to present themselves more frequently.

king Ale

Oct 28, 2004
And DP is also one of the greatest, to choose one aspect(in this case a stint and a penalty) of a player's career to pass judgement on a their legacy is ridiculous.
It was you who made the comparison which was ridiculous and baffling at the same time. I agree with the second part but that, whether we like it or not, is what football fans are about.

GordoDeCentral

Diez
Apr 14, 2005
Ordinary football fans, normal ones, those who don't follow Argentinian league. Riquelme's career in Europe (which is what football fans mostly follow) will be always remembered as an unsuccessful period at Barca plus a decisive missed penalty against Arsenal. Football fans tend to be memory less when it's about a Riquelme in a Villareal.

Wait, the reasons why he is not a choker are him starting lots of international football and being talented? :D

I'm not saying he choked, I don't like the term and I haven't seen him enough.

Ale was dreadful in international level, a big big negative for his career, I'd say he was never mentally prepared for the pressure. Still, what he's achieved at Juve as a player can easily (but not totally) outweigh the NT disappointment. Now that's what Roman's lacking as a player which is a way bigger blow because club games are where players get to present themselves more frequently.
So basically just random fans that cannot be named? irrelevant

No you mentioned, international level, so if roman who achieved more on the international level than DP is achoker ergo so is the latter.

And aah finally you fell into my trap :D because speaking of clubs, riquelme has also won more than DP

---------- Post added 28.02.2012 at 18:27 ----------

In 2000 against Real Madrid in the Intercontinental cup. What a talent.

:touched: look at him toying with the galacticos, yep that guy is a choker and hes some "random" player

---------- Post added 28.02.2012 at 18:28 ----------

It was you who made the comparison which was ridiculous and baffling at the same time. I agree with the second part but that, whether we like it or not, is what football fans are about.
read carefully what i postulated, if you accuse someone like roman to be a choker because you dont feel like he performed as he should have in some instance, then juve's biggest icon is an even bigger choker, displaying it with something all can relate to.

---------- Post added 28.02.2012 at 18:29 ----------

If only talent was everything.
wwMd

king Ale

Oct 28, 2004
So basically just random fans that cannot be named? irrelevant
Yes, exactly. Football fans in general.

No you mentioned, international level, so if roman who achieved more on the international level than DP is achoker ergo so is the latter.
What did I mention? I didn't say Roman's a choker, I said how football fans will always remember him (if they ever even remember him at all actually). Not my fault, when he had the chance to shine in where he was seen more frequently, he threw it away. And it's not like he'll be remembered for his outstanding achievements in international level, where it matters most, at the world cups.

And aah finally you fell into my trap :D because speaking of clubs, riquelme has also won more than DP
Boca, lol.

:touched: look at him toying with the galacticos, yep that guy is a choker and hes some "random" player
There was also a random player in Levante, who trolled Real really hard in the game they beat Real, who I don't even remember his name.

GordoDeCentral

Diez
Apr 14, 2005
Yes, exactly. Football fans in general.

What did I mention? I didn't say Roman's a choker, I said how football fans will always remember him (if they ever even remember him at all actually). Not my fault, when he had the chance to shine in where he was seen more frequently, he threw it away. And it's not like he'll be remembered for his outstanding achievements in international level, where it matters most, at the world cups.

Boca, lol.

There was also a random player in Levante, who trolled Real really hard in the game they beat Real, who I don't even remember his name.
which football fans? i really dont know what you re talking about, i never met anyone who called roman a choker or doubted his credentials, but then again i hang out with people who actually watch the game.
Bolded part :howler: go rewatch your WCs.
As for boca, more international trophies than any other club bar ac milan, that played up in a league ranked until 2 years ago higher than serie A so if boca is lol juve is LOL
As for your last statement, i konw you can do much better.

I really think you should stick to your earlier admission/resolution of refraining from commenting on things you havent seen or known.

---------- Post added 28.02.2012 at 18:41 ----------

wrong, hide, and thats exactly what you should do

king Ale

Oct 28, 2004
which football fans? i really dont know what you re talking about, i never met anyone who called roman a choker or doubted his credentials, but then again i hang out with people who actually watch the game.
Bolded part :howler: go rewatch your WCs.
As for boca, more international trophies than any other club bar ac milan, that played up until 2 years ago in a league ranked higher than serie A so if boca is lol juve is LOL
As for your last statement, i konw you can do much better.

I really think you should stick to your earlier admission/resolution of refraining from commenting on things you havent seen or known.
Okay lets stop this right at this point as you are overly sensitive about the topic. So sensitive that you don't even remember how many times you've had the exact same debate with quite a few Juve fans posting in Juventuz ;) [I sure haven't been one though].

GordoDeCentral

Diez
Apr 14, 2005
Okay lets stop this right at this point as you are overly sensitive about the topic. So sensitive that you don't even remember how many times you've had the exact same debate with quite a few Juve fans posting in Juventuz ;) [I sure haven't been one though].
"met" ;) i dont talk about the sheep here who repeat what someone said because they felt like it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 11)