David Trezeguet (7 Viewers)

ReBeL

The Jackal
Jan 14, 2005
Trezeguet eyes return to France team

PARIS (AP) — David Trezeguet said he would be glad to play with France again now that his former teammate Laurent Blanc has taken over as coach of the national team.

The 32-year-old former Juventus striker signed a two-year deal with Spanish club Hercules last month.

Trezeguet told Sunday's edition of Le Parisien newspaper his first goal is to play regularly with his club, "then we'll see what happens. I know France has talented young players but if Laurent Blanc needs me, he knows he can count on me."

Trezeguet, who won the 1998 World Cup and the 2000 European Championship with Blanc, had a tense relationship with previous coach Raymond Domenech. He played his last match with France more than two years ago in a friendly against England.

Trezeguet first announced his international retirement after the 2008 European Championship. He did not feature in the tournament after being left out of the team by Domenech. He insisted last year he will never play for France again.

Trezeguet is France's third leading scorer with 34 goals in 71 internationals, including the "Golden Goal" winner against Italy in the Euro 2000 final.

http://www.greenwichtime.com/sports/article/Trezeguet-eyes-return-to-France-team-654999.php

.zero

★ ★ ★
Aug 8, 2006
Trezeguet eyes return to France team

PARIS (AP) — David Trezeguet said he would be glad to play with France again now that his former teammate Laurent Blanc has taken over as coach of the national team.

The 32-year-old former Juventus striker signed a two-year deal with Spanish club Hercules last month.

Trezeguet told Sunday's edition of Le Parisien newspaper his first goal is to play regularly with his club, "then we'll see what happens. I know France has talented young players but if Laurent Blanc needs me, he knows he can count on me."

Trezeguet, who won the 1998 World Cup and the 2000 European Championship with Blanc, had a tense relationship with previous coach Raymond Domenech. He played his last match with France more than two years ago in a friendly against England.

Trezeguet first announced his international retirement after the 2008 European Championship. He did not feature in the tournament after being left out of the team by Domenech. He insisted last year he will never play for France again.

Trezeguet is France's third leading scorer with 34 goals in 71 internationals, including the "Golden Goal" winner against Italy in the Euro 2000 final.

http://www.greenwichtime.com/sports/article/Trezeguet-eyes-return-to-France-team-654999.php

:weee:

I hope he tears it up and kicks a ball into the stands at Domenech

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 6)