David Trezeguet (42 Viewers)

Mar 3, 2008
Sallu. What are you on about? Del Piero, Trezeguet and Nedved can be mentioned in the same breath as far as me and a lot of people on here are concerned. I dont care if we get 25, 30, or even 100m plus Ronaldinho, the fact of the matter is Trezeguet stayed with us in B, brought us back up with Alex. And then equally contributed to the cause this season, to be overshadowed by a single goal. I dont care if he's touching 30. He can bang in the goals for fun, and you dont need me to get started on the track record that he's had for the past 8 seasons. He is a legend. We've sold a few in our times, but football wasnt the business it is today. A time when you have to realise the value that comes with player loyalty, consistency and skill - all attributes that devote to the core of the team. Not to mention the love for the shirt. The kind of money we make from a sale like this could buy you an 'I'm 97% Juve" Amauri or 'The I'll play for the highest bidder' Ibrahimovic. But it could never buy you a Grande Trezegol, because the qualities he comes with, our priceless.
Master Card, is that you?

Buy on AliExpress.com

tibike

Dec 11, 2007
Yes. Just watch Inzaghi, same story
You do remeber that we bought Trez to replace Inzaghi? And that with that we broke one great striking duo to form an even better one.

Anyway, I want Trez to stay, but if we can cash in on him and at the same time buy an adeqaute replacement (which is only Huntelaar ATM, IMO) then yes.

Ahmed

Principino
Sep 3, 2006
yea but going into such a pivotal season, does Juve really want to create a new strike partnership, or still stick to the tried-and-tested and hugely prolific partnership of Trez-Del Piero

Jack Fox

May 2, 2008
if it is a ridiculous amt of money: 20 mil pounds i would say yes. it is not because of his age. he can play till he's 36 yrs i am sure of it. it isn't that we can replace trez and have amauri. amauri is good but has a lot to prove and wont put him in the same class. amauri and trez are 2 different strikers. still amauri and dp should form a good partnership. i would sell him because we have amauri who still a great player and simply because we have to improve the rest of the squad. if people think that a midfield of

camo---sissoko----alonso---giovinco

can put us to the same level as inter and milan maybe or just still a notch beneath them. why? alot would be expected from giovinco which i wont put the pressure on. midfield needs improving. i am not saying to sell camo and dp while we are at it. i am saying the other areas of the team needs work and we dont have the money people here thinks. we can use the money to buy a playmaker: VdV or Diego and use giovinco as a sub for the CF or CAM position which to me is his favoured and most production positions

how about defense. we conceded 37 goals for the season while inter conceded 26 goals. defense needs to be improved greatly. LB, RB and a CB is needed to greatly improve the defense and full backs to add to the attack.

where do u think the money is going to come from to improve the squad?

Aug 1, 2003
The money does seem appealing and it can help us alot. However, I for one am not willing to take the risk of trying out a DP - Amauri partnership this season without Trez there - this team is still new and fresh, we need some familiar faces to keep it all together.

Furthermore, if we were to replace Trez, it'd have to be with someone who's equal or better - just like how we replaced Pippo with him. They're both quite similar, both are pretty much useless but such fantastic goal poachers - this Paolo Rossi esque players are a not so common breed if you really think about it. I just don't think there's anyone out there whos up for sale who has a hunch and instinct for goal like Trez does.

Or, to be even more honest, I just dont want him to go. Selfish, but true.

Zé Tahir

JhoolayLaaaal!
Dec 10, 2004
John Elkann doesn't decide shit. This is up to Ranieri and considering he convinced Trez to stay last year and the fact that he was the runner up for the Capocannoniere I know he'll stay. Forza Trezeguet per sempre!

David01

Aug 20, 2006
John Elkann doesn't decide shit. This is up to Ranieri and considering he convinced Trez to stay last year and the fact that he was the runner up for the Capocannoniere I know he'll stay. Forza Trezeguet per sempre!
wrong, in the end it is Trez who decides if he wants to leave there is not much Juve can do
in the good old days the clubs decided on a players' destiny but not any more
why do you think there is all this talk about Real and Ronaldo, he is still under contract just like Trez
what scares me is that Henry plays for Barca and they are close friends who played together at Monaco

Zé Tahir

JhoolayLaaaal!
Dec 10, 2004
What makes you think Trez wants to leave? The guy has given his all for Juve for the past 8 years, he loves this club. He adores our colors and kisses our badge. His parents love it in Turin; Turin's the birthplace of his kids.

I'll change my name to Doodoo if he chooses to leave.

David01

Aug 20, 2006
What makes you think Trez wants to leave? The guy has given his all for Juve for the past 8 years, he loves this club. He adores our colors and kisses our badge. His parents love it in Turin; Turin's the birthplace of his kids.

I'll remember this one Doodoo
no I don't think he will leave except that I believe the fact that his friend plays there might be a factor to persuade him to leave us

khalidkassim

Feb 2, 2007
1. Regarding potential midfield purchases (excluding CM) juve can capitalize on with cash from trez we already have Nedved and Giovinco sharing the same spot. I say thats decent enough for next year considering we remain healthy and the board hold on to either Marchionni or Palladino. Buying a star AM will either require a formation change or a distress to the playing time of Ned & Gio. Now working on the defense wouldn't be a bad idea.

2. Trez's sale truly depends on our transfer budget. Which it seems only the board know. If we're short on cash to rebuild our squad, we'll have to painfully offload trezeguet and accept the cash for the greater good of our team's ambitions. If we've got cash we can afford to hold on to him and have a star studded forward line and possibly a trading chip in Iaquinta.

3. Prediction: I can see our board offloading Trez to create space for Palladino and Iaquinta. I'm pretty sure we won't see any of the three aforementioned names will be on the same team again after this summer's out.

V

Jun 8, 2005
  • V

V

Not to mention his Mom never misses a game. :D

chester

Too busy to bother
May 20, 2006
Barca has Eto'o so why would they buy Trez?

Trez will stay with us and score 20+ goals again next season.
He is adapted to the team, the league and he has proven himself in CL, if we want to challenge for CL and SerieA, he is the guy that might make the difference.
I don't see DP doing another season like the one he just finished, and Amauri isn't the finisher Trez is.

Aug 1, 2003
I love mama trezeguet.

And I love trez, but didn't he admit he wanted to leave in the wake of calciopoli? And there was that whole hand gesture thing. All of that in the past now and he seems happy, but I wouldn't be surprised if he opts for a new challenge.

Again I think it all depends on Trezeguet. I think the board will accommodate to whatever his decision is.

I hope he doesnt leave though.. I'll be depressed if he does.

Maher

Juventuz addict
Dec 16, 2002
Barca has Eto'o so why would they buy Trez?

Trez will stay with us and score 20+ goals again next season.
He is adapted to the team, the league and he has proven himself in CL, if we want to challenge for CL and SerieA, he is the guy that might make the difference.
I don't see DP doing another season like the one he just finished, and Amauri isn't the finisher Trez is.
strong chance that etoo is leaving barca so if that happen they will need a player who can replace him

Mar 14, 2004
The money does seem appealing and it can help us alot. However, I for one am not willing to take the risk of trying out a DP - Amauri partnership this season without Trez there - this team is still new and fresh, we need some familiar faces to keep it all together.

Furthermore, if we were to replace Trez, it'd have to be with someone who's equal or better - just like how we replaced Pippo with him. They're both quite similar, both are pretty much useless but such fantastic goal poachers - this Paolo Rossi esque players are a not so common breed if you really think about it. I just don't think there's anyone out there whos up for sale who has a hunch and instinct for goal like Trez does.

Or, to be even more honest, I just dont want him to go. Selfish, but true.
Then,we didn't knew he's going to be better.....he was just a talented frenchmen that rocked in france and scored 1 goal in Euro2000 and came as substitute for Inzaghi

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 42)