David Trezeguet (16 Viewers)

Juvellino

Mar 19, 2015
David Trezeguet discussed his Juventus career, Marcello Lippi and hopes Paul Pogba “can stay in Turin for many years.”

The former striker spoke to Sky Sport Italia programme I Signori del Calcio and took a fond look back.

“If I have to say the Coach who gave me the most throughout my career, I have no doubts it is Marcello Lippi. First of all because I didn’t know him, but when I saw him arrive at training the first day I immediately saw the enthusiasm he engendered in the fans and my teammates.

“He gave me the necessary confidence to show my quality after Pippo Inzaghi’s departure, brought the best out of me, made me become Capocannoniere and allowed me to learn what it really means to be part of Juventus.”

It wasn’t just success in the Bianconeri colours, as Trezeguet was also part of the side that lost the Champions League Final to Milan.

“We knew that we were stronger than the Rossoneri and proved that in Serie A, so that only increased our desire to win. I was still young, so after losing on penalties I was convinced I’d get back to playing in a Champions League Final. Unfortunately that never happened, so it remains the biggest regret of my career.

“Juve lost the Final again last season, so evidently this trophy keeps eluding Juve, but I am sure sooner or later it’ll come. The Bianconeri are back to being protagonists on a national and international level.

“I’m really happy and proud that Claudio Marchisio has become the captain of Juventus. He is so tied to the club, his teammates and his fans. What I like about him is that over time he never lost sight of the important values to transmit to youngsters.”

Trezeguet is looking forward to Euro 2016 and believes France have a chance of success, especially with Pogba in midfield.

“He is an extraordinary talent and has time on his side. He earned this responsibility with performances in a Juventus jersey, proving himself an important figure for Juve, Italian football and the French national team.

“Max Allegri did a super job with him, pushing him on to improve and grow. I hope he’ll stay at Juventus for many years, because he knows full well that in the right environment for his growth, he can make history with Juventus.

“Antonio Conte is doing an extraordinary job with the Italy side and you can see his influence. He knows Italy must get back to being protagonists and his team is much more aggressive, so I’m sure they’ll have a say in the Euros.”

Wonderful words.

May 22, 2007
UEFA did a fan Q&A with him over the last hour or so. Club closest to his heart? Juventus. Player he enjoyed playing with most? Del Piero.

I'm always reminded of this goal when he talks about Del Piero, loved that chemistry.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 16)