David Trezeguet (166 Viewers)

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
Trez :touched:

We never really properly found an adequate replacement, and the list of forwards that have joined us since have been a disgrace to this man's name. Utter shame and disappointment in letting him go for the likes of who we have/own now. They have tarnished the reputation of what a forward is/should be in the absence of this great man, our living legend :heart:

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
I was watching this fabulous program last night.

Back then I was a huge fan of Zizou and Djorkaeff especially, I didn't know that much about the younger players. So I don't recall much about Trez's role but I was reminded that he scored against Saudi, but then he also provided the assist for Blanc's all important extra time goal against Paraguay. :cool:

It's 2002 that really could have been glorious, Henry and Trez were starting together. Unfortunately, the muppet Lemerre was in charge. In 98 Lemerre was basically the fitness coach. :D And while a fitness coach is crucial, that's not to say he's right for head coach. Jacquet was the one who did all the mental preparation, the motivational speeches, the tactical instructions. Since then of course the team has had a series of completely inept muppets, one worse than the next, up and including the dark ages of Domenech.

Incidentally, it's not that surprising that Deschamps turned out to be a great coach, because as captain in 98 he was already really involved in discussing how they should play, making little pep talks with certain players etc.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 165)