David Trezeguet (69 Viewers)

Jul 11, 2006
I'm so happy that he stays:weee:

surely he's more expensive than Iaquinta but with Trez-Del Piero promotion is much easier and then we can also win the Scudetto with this duo 2007/2008...
I think this would be impossible with Del Piero/Iaquinta beacause you just can't compare Iaquinto to Trez...it's a different level

And we wouldn't have the money to buy a big-name scorer next summer, so I'm happy we already have one with Trez:agree:

Jul 28, 2002
Trez will be an invaluable asset in terms of goal paoching, something of a requirement in any lower league.

But my worry is that do we have the personel to cover trez?

When Cagliari had Zola-power to get them promoted, Suazo provded the power and pace to be Zola's foil.

Dp will play the "zola" role, but we lack a high pace, high strenth foil for him....maybe that role can be taken by Zala, but trez certainly wont provide it.

As was previously stated, what happens if Trez gets polaxed and misses much of the season (as usual)? We would be truely up the duff then.

V

Jun 8, 2005
  • V

V

he's the one player i would give the money he wants. he's simply one of a kind. and if he, without injuries, packs 25+ goals in the most difficult competitions in the world, what is he gonna do in serie b? this squad is gonna be so united we're gonna roam through the serie b. besides, when was the last time trez asked for a pay raise?

what's his current deal anyway?

d.nico

Apr 23, 2003
Byrone said:
Thx for the info dear,now please whisper sweet news into my ear & tell me that Zebina is close to leaving.:D
The first thing you have to do is...
Go to vPlaza option and donate 10,000 to Elisa :D

serfaraaz

Apr 14, 2005
Juventus insist David Trezeguet and Mauro Camoranesi will be staying at the club.

The Turin outfit have already seen the likes of Fabio Cannavaro, Lilian Thuram, Gianluca Zambrotta, Emerson Zlatan Ibrahimovic and Patrick Vieira leave the club in the wake of their relegation to Serie B.

Italian World Cup winner Camoranesi and French international Trezeguet have both been strongly linked with joining the exodus.

However, Juve's sporting director Alessio Secco says both players will stay at Stadio Delle Alpi.

"They (Trezeguet & Camoranesi) will both stay, " said Secco.

"They will stay along with Del Piero, Nedved and Buffon.

"Many players have left, but they won't be leaving, because they are convinced by the plan we have proposed to them."
http://home.skysports.com/list.aspx?...ow+to+keep+duo

ReBeL

The Jackal
Jan 14, 2005
PENALTY PAIN

Naturally, the French are finding it difficult to get over their heart-breaking defeat in the World Cup final, and this week, friendlies have only brought back the agony. And on Tuesday, the man in the spotlight in the French press is David Trezeguet, whose penalty miss in Berlin condemned France to defeat.

In L'Equipe, he relives his nightmare spot kick: "I struck it really well. All my team-mates told me so. But we have to get over that and start again."

But Trez wasn't able to offer up any juicy tit-bits on his current club situation, having been gagged by Serie B side Juventus.

http://www.eurosport.co.uk/football/european-leagues/2006-2007/sport_sto944559.shtml

AzzurriGirl

Jul 23, 2006
Let me say I'm still having nightmares about the one Baggio missed in 1994 vs. Brazil. These players are stronger than we are by far. Trez will move on and do very well with Juve.

Max

Jul 15, 2003
ReBeL said:
PENALTY PAIN

Naturally, the French are finding it difficult to get over their heart-breaking defeat in the World Cup final, and this week, friendlies have only brought back the agony. And on Tuesday, the man in the spotlight in the French press is David Trezeguet, whose penalty miss in Berlin condemned France to defeat.

In L'Equipe, he relives his nightmare spot kick: "I struck it really well. All my team-mates told me so. But we have to get over that and start again."

But Trez wasn't able to offer up any juicy tit-bits on his current club situation, having been gagged by Serie B side Juventus.

http://www.eurosport.co.uk/football/european-leagues/2006-2007/sport_sto944559.shtml
Big deal, the French press is probably much more understanding with Trezeguet than the Italian press was with Baggio.

Funny article at the end though... I've heard of a tid-bit, but never really heard of a tit-bit. :D

Jul 30, 2006
tribalfooball.com - August 14, 2006

Juventus director Marco Tardelli wants David Trezeguet to make a public show of commitment to the demoted club.
"Pavel (Nedved) pointed the way forward right from the start and he's a model professional who should inspire his teammates," said Tardelli. "It can't be easy for a Ballon d'Or winner to find himself in Serie B, yet he immediately gave his unconditional consent to remain."

The fans have criticised these sales, suggesting the new Bianconeri Board of Directors has weakened the team too much this summer.

"There are very highly paid players who demanded a wage increase to stay here," revealed the former Under-21 Coach in La Stampa newspaper.

"If someone doesn't want to remain, unless of course he gets paid more, then he doesn't represent my ideal player. The verdicts took a lot out of the club, as we lost revenue from the Champions League and Serie A."

There are reports that Trezeguet's contract negotiations this week are focused on a wage increase from the current ?3.3m per season to ?4m if he is to extend until 2010.

"I'm not naming names, it's just the general attitude I don't like. Camoranesi said it wasn't so much an issue of money as one of motivation. I respect everyone's ideas. If they haven't got the enthusiasm for this adventure, then they'll find other clubs and we'll look for different solutions. If those two stay, then we won't need further reinforcements, as that would be a very good squad for Serie B."

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 69)